NACS or CCS?

• NACS

Votes: 41 67.2%
  • CCS

Votes: 20 32.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m sure we’ll get more detail at the Tesla event tomorrow. But good on them. Subscription will be a great option for frequent road trippers. Pay per use for everyone else. More options for charging can’t be a bad thing. Even if we only ever use this in a pinch, it’s better than getting stranded with no options.

I hope this lights a fire under some other networks to compete. And I am still hoping someone out there with a bit more of a creative mind disrupts the whole market soon. It still feels like this is a huge opportunity, and everyone is blowing it.

None in So Cal I could find to test. Is there a list of available locations? The Tesla app just shows wall connectors when i choose to charge my Non-Tesla

They available list is in the Tesla app if you download it but it’s basically the map I raised above. 10 total chargers in US only NorCal and NY

They available list is in the Tesla app if you download it but it’s basically the map I raised above. 10 total chargers in US only NorCal and NY
Got it. When I zoom way out I now see the handful of chargers. Based on the Rivian video, hopefully we can also get good chargers rates As well.

Got it. When I zoom way out I now see the handful of chargers. Based on the Rivian video, hopefully we can also get good chargers rates As well.
Someone needs to be adventurous in NorCal or NYC :)

Welp so far tonight seen GV60, bolt, Rivian , and ford f150 all charge off the supercharger. Which Lucid will be the one to make history and be documented as the first Lucid ever to be charged by Tesla super charger?

I can’t exactly tell from the map as it’s so zoomed out but it looks like one of those superchargers is in Yorktown NY which is 15 minutes from me. So this is a retrofitted super charger with an extra non Tesla cable?

... So this is a retrofitted super charger with an extra non Tesla cable?
If you can watch the video in message 75, you can see it's a regular Tesla cable but its holder is actually a CCS adapter.

That CCS adapter acts as a Tesla cable holder when you charge a Tesla.

When you charge Lucid, that Holder is stuck with Tesla cable and it becomes a CCS adapter.

When Tesla initially transitioned to CCS in Europe, it had 2 different cables with 2 different holders.

That is not the case in the US.

I can’t exactly tell from the map as it’s so zoomed out but it looks like one of those superchargers is in Yorktown NY which is 15 minutes from me. So this is a retrofitted super charger with an extra non Tesla cable?
The exact NY locations:

You can likely Google maps or ask me and I can post exact locating . Only red ones are super charger unlocked
428FDEA7-946A-48FD-B7A7-EFFD976086F6.jpeg

Yep downloaded the app, it still recognizes me from my last Tesla. Brewster is indeed the closest but they don’t give you rates. Also on the app I don’t see where you put in credit card info so you are set up to pay after a charging session, I guess you have to sign up for a membership first? It will be interesting to see the speed of rollout. I’m sure Elon will spend a ton of money implementing then make two tons of money between the chargers billing non teslas as well as and the government subsidies.

Yep downloaded the app, it still recognizes me from my last Tesla. Brewster is indeed the closest but they don’t give you rates. Also on the app I don’t see where you put in credit card info so you are set up to pay after a charging session. It will be interesting to see the speed of rollout. I’m sure Elon will spend a ton of money implementing then make two tons of money between the chargers billing non teslas as well as and the government subsidies.
And don’t forget, Tesla get to advertise all its products in its mobile app and collect personal information and will have world largest EV owners database. It’s win/win/win/win for Tesla and definite a win for electrification in America. Elon’s Twitter narcissistic image may finally be redeemed.

Yep downloaded the app, it still recognizes me from my last Tesla. Brewster is indeed the closest but they don’t give you rates. Also on the app I don’t see where you put in credit card info so you are set up to pay after a charging session, I guess you have to sign up for a membership first? It will be interesting to see the speed of rollout. I’m sure Elon will spend a ton of money implementing then make two tons of money between the chargers billing non teslas as well as and the government subsidies.
Upper right, account, wallet, add your credit card there.

Lucid has to DC to dc convert from ~400 volts to 900 volts. That conversion is in the Wunderbox and limited to 50kW.
Does that mean Lucid can really capitalize in Tesla Mega-Charger instead? So as Lotus and Hyundai EVs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back