NACS or CCS?

• NACS

Votes: 41 67.2%
  • CCS

Votes: 20 32.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does private mean it's on private property or...?
I have no clue. Google searching doesn’t show anything there, but I’ll take a look at it this weekend and let you know.

Last edited:
has anyone tried charging at a Tesla supercharger? i'm curious to know if their cables reach Lucid's port.

has anyone tried charging at a Tesla supercharger? i'm curious to know if their cables reach Lucid's port.
It's not possible yet.
One theory is that Elon left the cables short to qualify for federal money but simultaneously prevent half the CCS community from using the chargers 😬.

No worries. Just do like what the Europeans do right now: Occupy 3 charging spaces by parking your car parallel next to the cable on your left instead of backing in or heading in.

It's not possible yet.
One theory is that Elon left the cables short to qualify for federal money but simultaneously prevent half the CCS community from using the chargers 😬.
I imagine non-tesla owners will probably have to pay a higher charging rate too.

Which app has all the Tesla supercharger locations? Is it the official Tesla vehicle app that I would need to download?

Which app has all the Tesla supercharger locations? Is it the official Tesla vehicle app that I would need to download?
You'll need the official Tesla app in any event. Will show all the superchargers along with the level 2 destination chargers, which you can charge on with an adapter. Everything is run thru their app...

It is great that Tesla opening up their Superchargers network to everyone. While Superchargers are very reliable, Supercharger sites on the other hand could become an issue. First of all, overcrowding will be an issue. On a typical weekend up and down the I-5, for example, you will find Supercharger sites near or at capacity. Add no none Tesla cars into the mix will compound the capacity problem. Secondly, if you have been to Supercharger site on any given weekend, you will see most of them have overflow trash problem - overflown trash cans, trash placed next to superchargers, etc.

How are the flat faces supposed to fit in a lucid?
When charging a CCS vehicle (selected by the phone app), the Magic Dock becomes attached to the Tesla cable, converting it to a CCS style connector.

Being an old Tesla customer, I've re-downloaded the app and set up all payment information. On a mobile phone web broswer search you can already see an option on their supercharging map that you can now select "Superchargers open to non-Tesla EVs". Great strides! Bye Bye EA (kinda)
I downloaded the Tesla app and was surprised that it still recognized me from 2017-2018. At any rate I don't see where that Verona, NY location is. It shows 4 locations in Verona but none show any Tesla chargers available to non-Teslas.

I downloaded the Tesla app and was surprised that it still recognized me from 2017-2018. At any rate I don't see where that Verona, NY location is. It shows 4 locations in Verona but none show any Tesla chargers available to non-Teslas.
Tesla is testing magic docks at a few locations. There's no needs to attract non-testers to those locations.

Tesla is testing magic docks at a few locations. There's no needs to attract non-testers to those locations.
What’s odd is that the California location shows up on the Tesla map but not the NY site.

Looks like out of spec Dave found one of the new magic doc chargers
ED60961A-A02D-4B4C-A743-D1F8365098D3.png

Looks like out of spec Dave found one of the new magic doc chargers

Thanks for posting! I watched the video on YouTube which I am linking below. The short of it is that its not activated yet. He suggested they might launch charging at the March 1st event at GigaTexas which makes sense. He also talked about the short cable which will be and issue for sure.

I was looking at my Tesla app and there is now an option to charge non Tesla and it brings up a map. It doesn’t show a ton yet but it’s interesting to see the progress in week.
02FCE38C-6DB0-47AF-8DA4-89D556C8687F.jpeg

Does private mean it's on private property or...?
Private means privately owned. It was located in a gated parking garage. No joy on the supercharger part.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back