NACS or CCS?

• NACS

Votes: 41 67.2%
  • CCS

Votes: 20 32.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
That is what the Europe is doing right now. I don’t think that will change in the US.
You can, at present, sign up within the Tesla app to access destination/wall chargers. I suspect the same will be the case for superchargers.

In the EU, compliance with the CCS spec means 920V operation, regardless of station output power level. Not sure if the USA CCS spec also requires 920V minimum output, but it is the minimum that charging station manufacturers are building to.

From the National ZEV Investment Plan: "Idaho National Lab, DOE, and DOT refer to power levels of 350 kW because the limit of the standard is currently 350 amps multiplied by 1000 volts, or 350kW. However, comments from OEMs and experts during the Outreach Plan process have led Electrify America to believe that the next generation of vehicles will be designed to go up to 920V, not 1000V. Electrify America refers to 320 kW charging to reflect the result of 350A x 920V."

I suspect/hope that we adopt the EU standard. What makes me optimistic is that at 920v, you can use a smaller gauge of wire for the cable. That makes it more efficient and less vandalism-likely; namely much less copper in the cable to make it worthwhile to steal and sell to a junkyard.

The locations are:

1) Verona, NY
2) 230 Mt. Hermon Road, Scott’s Valley, California

tesla-supercharger-magic-dock-installation-1-rotated.jpeg

Great news!

I suppose this means we need a Tesla account on the smart phone for locations outside of CA.

I suppose this means we need a Tesla account on the smart phone for locations outside of CA.
Yes I already downloaded the app ha ha. I'm ready. It will give me access to an entire interstate hopefully.

?? I would think for any location in the USA.

Of course! We only know of 2 locations, but eventually, I suspect it should be in every state.

The short cable is still problematic, as you can see how the blue BMW above occupied 2 parking spaces for the Supercharger. Tesla's charging port is on the left rear, but the BMW has it on the right rear.

The Lucid's charging port is at the proximity of the left front tire which has little chance of reaching the Supercharger cable..

There are quite a few on the app. Surprising that there are already a lot for non-Tesla’s. I have added this to my growing folder of EV charging apps on the phone.

Of course! We only know of 2 locations, but eventually, I suspect it should be in every state.

The short cable is still problematic, as you can see how the blue BMW above occupied 2 parking spaces for the Supercharger. Tesla's charging port is on the left rear, but the BMW has it on the right rear.

The Lucid's charging port is at the proximity of the left front tire which has little chance of reaching the Supercharger cable..
Park perpendicular to the stalls and take up 3 stalls. I saw an EQS block 2 EA stalls, not pulling into a stall but was perpendicular while remaining in the parking aisle.

I was referencing the fact that, as I understood it, in Calif., by laws, you can just swipe a credit card at a charging station whereas in other sates, we need to open an account with the respective companies.

Being an old Tesla customer, I've re-downloaded the app and set up all payment information. On a mobile phone web broswer search you can already see an option on their supercharging map that you can now select "Superchargers open to non-Tesla EVs". Great strides! Bye Bye EA (kinda)

Being an old Tesla customer, I've re-downloaded the app and set up all payment information. On a mobile phone web broswer search you can already see an option on their supercharging map that you can now select "Superchargers open to non-Tesla EVs". Great strides! Bye Bye EA (kinda)
Where do you see this? I can't locate it. Thanks!

There are quite a few on the app. Surprising that there are already a lot for non-Tesla’s. I have added this to my growing folder of EV charging apps on the phone.
One in San Diego, but not sure if it’s supercharger or destination charger.

Attachments

• C5EE2B68-29F8-436C-B41F-165AFADBADA5.png
    C5EE2B68-29F8-436C-B41F-165AFADBADA5.png
    398.5 KB · Views: 77
Does private mean it's on private property or...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back