• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

NACS Megathread

Battery experts. How realistic is the idea of solid state batteries working for mass production?
Many solid-state battery production facilities are being constructed worldwide. How long it will take to debug them?

My understanding the last time I looked 3 months ago was mass production is still a challenge and cost is very high. So my guess is 10 years before they have a chance to get into mass production. By then the existing batteries could become much cheaper and change the economics.

My understanding the last time I looked 3 months ago was mass production is still a challenge and cost is very high. So my guess is 10 years before they have a chance to get into mass production. By then the existing batteries could become much cheaper and change the economics.
It’s similar to comparing the history of internal combustion engines to the version we have today. No doubt time will give us better, lighter, and of course more powerful batteries. The future is bright!

It’s similar to comparing the history of internal combustion engines to the version we have today. No doubt time will give us better, lighter, and of course more powerful batteries. The future is bright!
Recent eample to look at is Prius Hybrid for a premium vs a Camry or Corolla much cheaper and cost effective than Prius. Even now a lot of people look at Prius plugin hybrid vs non plugin. Even now the entire Toyota line up is not hybrid and very few plugin hybrid. Honda never had a good hybrid. Hydrogen fuel cell was a failure.

No word on that yet. But my guess is we’ll be buying them. Hopefully they won’t be super expensive. But plan on a few hundred bucks.
I currently have an adapter that plugs into the Tesla charger I use at home and then plugs into the Lucid. That’s J1772 adapter so I assume something similar but for ccs? I also have a Tesla adapter that turns into ccs so a Tesla can use electrify America

No, they didn’t. There were no other options then. That’s not foresight, but the market requiring it. Nobody would have bought a Tesla if there were no chargers, so they built chargers. That wasn’t really a choice or foresight.

Tesla can simply build enough like EA to quench its delivered capacity. However, Tesla kept building to create excessive bandwidth ahead of charging needs on the road. Like recent 30~60 stalls stations, that’s foresight for planning ahead.

Musk is already poking fun at Lucid for signing on to the NAC standard, essentially saying they ate a large slice of humble pie in doing so. I would have been surprised if he didn’t say something like this.

Musk is a lonely guy on top, just like most emperor in history. X platform is just his past time, so he can be a keyboard warrior to act out his inner child.

Recent eample to look at is Prius Hybrid for a premium vs a Camry or Corolla much cheaper and cost effective than Prius. Even now a lot of people look at Prius plugin hybrid vs non plugin. Even now the entire Toyota line up is not hybrid and very few plugin hybrid. Honda never had a good hybrid. Hydrogen fuel cell was a failure.

My daughter and my wife are very pleased of our Honda Accord Hybrid. It can go 45~52 mpg.

1) Who gives a crap what he thinks at this point?
2) If I were Lucid, I'd take it as a point of pride. Every time he opens his mouth about Lucid, you know you're doing something right.
I agree with you whole cares. Get tried of the quotes from him being brought up. Time to move on. 🙂

Elon is here making fun of Lucid for doing things their customers want...

Yet Tesla is out here stripping away all their sensors and ignoring user feedback. No one wanted the yoke, and no one wanted buttons instead of stalks. So in the end, it just proves Lucid listens to their customer base.

Elon is here making fun of Lucid for doing things their customers want...

Yet Tesla is out here stripping away all their sensors and ignoring user feedback. No one wanted the yoke, and no one wanted buttons instead of stalks. So in the end, it just proves Lucid listens to their customer base.
He just seems to be clueless, it shows to me that he is scared of Lucid EVERY SINGLE TIME he says something about them. Why else would he ridicule a company that went through many of the same things Tesla did in early days?

Anyways, I'd say we get this conversation away from Elon fast, I'd hate to get the thread locked if anybody does personal attacks.

All V4s have magic dock
I thought I read somewhere that when it was released in Europe there wasn’t a magic dock initially for it.

When you say “all” I’m assuming you’re talking about Europe?

Edit: Nevermind, I see it’s confirmed that they will. So it’ll just come down to if I can use it or not once it’s finished. Never charged a non-tesla at an SC. I gotta imagine it should just work when plugging it in on the Lucid side since there’s nothing that the car needs to communicate with to the Tesla SC.

...Never charged a non-tesla at an SC. I gotta imagine it should just work when plugging it in on the Lucid side since there’s nothing that the car needs to communicate with to the Tesla SC.
For now, you have to use Tesla's phone app to initiate charging to a CCS car, for billing purposes.

Or maybe they'll offer a NACS port retrofit?
Don't bet in it. The adapters are a potential revenue stream and I'm okay with that. By the time 2025 rolls around, I have a feeling CCS-1 will be more stable and plentiful in the US based on the Federal funding for building out the network. I'll hold off as long as possible purchasing this adapter.

I thought I read somewhere that when it was released in Europe there wasn’t a magic dock initially for it.

When you say “all” I’m assuming you’re talking about Europe?

Edit: Nevermind, I see it’s confirmed that they will. So it’ll just come down to if I can use it or not once it’s finished. Never charged a non-tesla at an SC. I gotta imagine it should just work when plugging it in on the Lucid side since there’s nothing that the car needs to communicate with to the Tesla SC.
The European V4 are all CCS2 already so it's different over there.

Lucid to adopt Tesla standard in 2025

Who are the last remaining holdouts on Tesla's charging standard

Lucid Motors finally hopped on the Tesla charger wave. In 2025, its electric vehicles will be able to charge at the Tesla Supercharger network by using an adapter, and future vehicles will come fitted with Tesla’s North American Charging Standard (NACS).

“We believe that a unified charging standard, backed by the nationwide rollout of future-ready higher-voltage charging stations, will be a critical step in empowering American consumers to adopt electric vehicles,” Lucid CEO Peter Rawlinson said.

Back