My Second Flat Tire In A Month

I had a blow out at 700 miles (chronicled here) and didn't have any more issues over the next 15k miles. Part of that, I think, was being hyper vigilant and avoiding all potholes and road irregularities as much as possible. I did hit a few big pot holes I didn't see and thankfully the tires and wheels held up. I had wanted the 20s originally when I ordered my GT, but it would have been a months long wait to get the car, so I went with the 21s. I finally decided to pull the trigger and go back to the 20s for the looks and higher sidewall tires. Getting the Michelins rather than the Pirellis was an added bonus.
Did you buy OEM 20 rims from Lucid for new tires or rims elsewhere? I am driving loaner GT with 20’s and like the driving characteristics a bit more than my 19’s

Did you buy OEM 20 rims from Lucid for new tires or rims elsewhere? I am driving loaner GT with 20’s and like the driving characteristics a bit more than my 19’s
I bought the Lucid 20s used from another forum member. Only 2k miles on them, so like new.

Thanks, I am calling them now!
Okay, I called DT and they couldn't order the tires from Tire Rack inventory, but I could and then they were able to credit me back to my credit card once I got the tires installed for my road hazard claim.

I have the Lucid Air Grand Touring with 21 inch wheels. I have just had my second side blow out in about a month. When it blew out it felt like I hit a pot hole, but didn't see one when looking at the spot. If it were just a one time thing I wouldn't be concerned, but now twice in a month. I think there is some defect in the design or tire. I even asked the tow truck guy and he said it is a common problem. Have other people experienced an issue with getting an abnormal amount of flat tires with a side blow out? I had Teslas for years and no issue.
I also have the Lucid Air Grand Touring with 21 inch wheels. I have had four flats in 4 months. There must be a defect in these tires. The first 3 were replaced by Lucid who did not tell me that Pirelli has a warranty program which can only be applied for if they (Pirelli) can see the damaged tire. The car is now sitting in my driveway with the 4th flat (from going over rough city roadbed but no potholes) because there are, according to Pirelli, no tires available for 8 weeks.

I also have the Lucid Air Grand Touring with 21 inch wheels. I have had four flats in 4 months. There must be a defect in these tires. The first 3 were replaced by Lucid who did not tell me that Pirelli has a warranty program which can only be applied for if they (Pirelli) can see the damaged tire. The car is now sitting in my driveway with the 4th flat (from going over rough city roadbed but no potholes) because there are, according to Pirelli, no tires available for 8 weeks.
Michelin all day !!

Michelin all day !!
That is a lot
Got my first flat tire in 2y of owning Air GT - pinged service here in Vancouver and they came out w spare 21" wheel/tire to get it back to their service centre - fitted new tire on my rim and was parked near me the next morning - cost for one Pirelli was C$600.
The prev one was punctured by a nail or similar that fell out of tire - cannot repair because weight and high torque of the car.

Back