Motortrend's yearlong Air review ends!

People keep fighting the fob, jumping through hoops, unpairing and repairing their phones, shaking their phones, for what, just to leave a nearly weightless, tiny fob at home? I use the fob, only the fob, and never have an issue, ‘it just works’. I love tech, but only when it makes sense and actually makes my life easier, not harder.
Except the fob doesn’t work either…did you not read the review!?😂

People keep fighting the fob, jumping through hoops, unpairing and repairing their phones, shaking their phones, for what, just to leave a nearly weightless, tiny fob at home? I use the fob, only the fob, and never have an issue, ‘it just works’. I love tech, but only when it makes sense and actually makes my life easier, not harder.
I feel like FOB is going backwards and would only want to use my iPhone and then have the card as a backup. We are in 2024, so it should just work flawlessly. 🙂

I feel like FOB is going backwards and would only want to use my iPhone and then have the card as a backup. We are in 2024, so it should just work flawlessly. 🙂
I will say it’s not an easy task…Rivian had problems with phone key performance too, but they’ve issued 5 or 6 updates SPECIFICALLY to improve the accuracy of the key, and it’s matured quite a bit after 2 years. Tesla I believe was not perfect in the early days either.

Given how slow lucid is at updates, and how many bugs and fixes they have in their backlog, it’s probably going to be a while until they circle back to this.

My FOB is what I carry/ use it works most of the time. When it doesn’t it may take a min or 2 to get GT to wake up and work.Its been much better the last month.

My FOB is what I carry/ use it works most of the time. When it doesn’t it may take a min or 2 to get GT to wake up and work.Its been much better the last month.
Shouldn’t be a minute or two if you press in on a door handle. That wakes the car up in 1-3 seconds.

Shouldn’t be a minute or two if you press in on a door handle. That wakes the car up in 1-3 seconds.
That wasn’t working either. Things are working pretty well again now other than the enter pin #
That pops up randomly and has been discussed in other threads.

People carry a fob for all their other nonEV cars, what's the big deal?

And if it doesn’t work flawlessly, you’re simply cutting off your nose to spite your face. In my world that’s going backwards.

The lucid is not just ANY nonEV!!!
I'm probably just too old school, but having a wallet, phone, and keys seems pretty standard leaving the house necessities

Agreed. Ditch the phone, and use only the FOB. I keep mine in a Faraday pouch for battery longevity and immediate lock-unlock response.

OK, I’ll put mine in a vice, crush it, and make it ‘not work’ too. That should make some feel better. ;)
Are you really trying to say that the fob has no issues? This despite tons of posts about it
🎱

Are you really trying to say that the fob has no issues? This despite tons of posts about it
🎱
Yes, absolutely in my case. The worst I’ve had is maybe waiting 3 seconds, but almost always it’s instantaneous. Of course I could lie and tell you I have frequent issues if that makes you feel better. 🤣

Yes, absolutely in my case. The worst I’ve had is maybe waiting 3 seconds, but almost always it’s instantaneous. Of course I could lie and tell you I have frequent issues if that makes you feel better. 🤣
So I guess everyone else who has had fob issues is lying. That’s just a HoT take.
Like I posted earlier, I exclusively only use the fob and was having issues spontaneously. However as posted over last month, they have become fewer, for whatever reason.
The enter pin # issue doesn’t exist either lol 👍

Last edited:
Same here. I have zero issues with my fob. And I've had loaners as well with zero issues.

^^^ hey joe
have you had the enter pin number?
and had to wait for 15-20 sec to be able to put car in drive. Software isn’t as easy as some think.

^^^ hey joe
and had to wait for 15-20 sec to be able to put car in drive. Software isn’t as easy as some think.
Never. Check your battery and familiarize yourself with the concept of “bitterant.”

Never. Check your battery and familiarize yourself with the concept of “bitterant.”l

I prefer the concept of “ realist”
Thx
Car is spectacular overall but some software issues do exist( as reported by others here) and trying to say otherwise is just irresponsible. It’s probably the best overall DD driving car I’ve ever owned. 🏆

Last edited:
^^^ hey joe
Nope. Never once had to enter my PIN. Never once had to wait anywhere near 20 seconds. The most I've ever waited was two or three seconds.

I know some folks have these issues. I simply don't. And I've driven several Airs that don't.

Back