Motortrend - Debuting Gravity

Seriously though to be on topic, this interview was amazing.

And honestly everytime I watch Peter talk or do an interview, my respect for him goes up because he truly loves what he does, has a passion for it and even has the knowledge to keep rambling on and on without it ever getting boring.

But most of all, he's a respectful CEO
1) didn't call out Mercedes when speaking about drag coefficient
2) admitted the Tesla Model 3 is a good car
3) Explained objectively why Franz and him butted heads over design and engineering and didn't make anyone look bad but looks definitely like he's being honest and sincere about his past
4) speaks positively about Elon despite Elon wishing for his failure
5) even admitted NACS is more elegant, he doesn't have a sour taste in his mouth at all, he went with CCS simply because it was the more appropriate tech for the higher voltage architecture of Lucid. But knows reliability is key. And his team had a hand in the NACS port
And lastly, if you listen closely at the end, where he's sort of off mic and probably assumes the recording has stopped, he thanks the two interviewers and says something along the lines of "This was fun. It was an honor to be invited."

Try to picture most CEOs saying that to an interviewer and actually meaning it.

Once upon a time, Kia and Hyundai were well known for having terrible reliability. They did.

They realized this, and made significant efforts to fix this. This is also when they added their insanely good 10 year / 100k mile warranties, because they realized people were uncomfortable.

Since then, those warranties haven’t cost them very much, because they have spent tons of time focusing on reliability.

Now, Kia and Hyundai are among the highest reliability manufacturers out there.

Can it last 20 years?

And lastly, if you listen closely at the end, where he's sort of off mic and probably assumes the recording has stopped, he thanks the two interviewers and says something along the lines of "This was fun. It was an honor to be invited."

Try to picture most CEOs saying that to an interviewer and actually meaning it.
Yeah. One of my favorites.

Back