Motor Trend car of the Year

As I previously mentioned, it would have been a shocker if Lucid hadn’t won, but I didn’t realize that the EQS & Taycan were finalists too. Nice to see, I’m sure Lucid deserved the award.

Last edited:
As I previously mentioned, it would have been a shocker if Lucid hadn’t won, but I didn’t realize that the EQS & Taycan were finalists too. Nice to see, I’m sure Lucid deserved the award.

The S Class, Audi E-tron GT, and Porsche Panamera were in there too. A lot of strong competition.

That’s an incredibly positive article that takes subtle potshots at other EVs along the way. Lots of details in there about the car that I hadn’t read before, too.

On the negative side, seeing as they tested a pre-production GT, a lot of quality and functional issues have yet to be worked out. And unfortunately, some could be more than software-related, especially around ADAS: “Granted, our test vehicle couldn't center itself in the lane as reliably as a Honda Civic, but we're assured it's just a software, firmware, and/or hardware update away from class competitiveness.” (Hopefully, it doesn’t require a hardware update…)

Since I suspect this notoriety will result in many more orders for varying trim levels, I also assume this will push the Pure even further down the road before it gets put in production. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Pure pushed back to some time in 2023, perhaps midyear. I don't have the inclination to wait if that's the case and might well go with the I4. Since it appears the next ordering step will be coming this week for the BMW, I'll proceed with that since you can always back out until the actual delivery of the vehicle.

Back