Most & Least considered cars

People have to know a car exists before they can consider it ....
True but you don't see Lucid really trying to do anything about it or at least that's the impression. Maybe they feel going outside motor enthusiasts won't give them any rewards but if they want the Pure to succeed and get some brand recognition they can't follow Tesla's approach of the car self markets itself. They need to actually do advertising. Everyone knows who Audi, BMW, Mercedes is but you constantly see ads on TV for these brands. Lucid? nothing, nada, zilch!

Surprisingly polestar ranked higher than Lucid

1670023742188.png

True but you don't see Lucid really trying to do anything about it or at least that's the impression. Maybe they feel going outside motor enthusiasts won't give them any rewards but if they want the Pure to succeed and get some brand recognition they can't follow Tesla's approach of the car self markets itself. They need to actually do advertising. Everyone knows who Audi, BMW, Mercedes is but you constantly see ads on TV for these brands. Lucid? nothing, nada, zilch!
Given all the complaints raised by the "enthusiast" class, can you imagine what it would be like if Lucid started marketing to the general public right now? I suspect more marketing will take place when QC is better nailed down and production capabilities are more likely to be able to keep up with demand, but I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

They'll advertise once they clear more of the current reservations?

They are already advertising. I saw a commercial not two or three days ago on the TV.

It's fine. Polestar has been around since 1996 and then was acquired by Volvo in 2015. Has a much longer brand history.

Lucid is still getting its feet under it. This year they’ll have produced 7k vehicles. Polestar sold more than that in Q2, but at a much lower price point. The Lucid GT is in rare air price wise. Heck, the Mercedes S Class peaked at roughly 15k vehicles a year 5 years ago and has been trending down since. But that’s how new manufacturers get up and running. Start high, work out the kinks, progress lower and ramp up the production. That’s what Lucid is doing.

Rivian got massive airtime late last year and is still only 2% on that list. Lucid is just fine as long as they can keep manufacturing defects down and get service centers running smoother and with more of them to service the new owners.

Me getting eyeballs and almost one person a day on average asking me what car is this and half of people thinking it's a concept car make the report right. People don't even know this car exists. Also the fact that the cheapest model in production is going to cost 150k+ taxes is not on a lot of shopper list.
Land Rover being so low on consideration also makes me wonder about the report. Almost everyone I know who shops luxury considers Land Rover products, a lot more than genesis

I went to airport to pick up early this week and waited outside at baggage claim door. I got 6 Airport security officers came up to check out my AGT telling me they seeing 1000s cars a day, but never seen one like this. And asked me which country was it shipped from? TmOne security guy asked looking at the frunk “So where is the engine?”, the other smart security office commented “Dork! It’s a rear wheel drive car!” 🤣

I have seen commercials, but mostly on the Financial News networks (which is not surprising given the cost).

That said, when I was asked what car I was driving by a person who owns a Porsche Taycan, previously owned a Model X, and whose husband just sold a Jeep/Ram/Dodge dealership in NY .. it doesn't bode well for the brand. She's obviously knowledgeable about cars and EVs, but when I told her it was Motor Trend Car of the Year, she was floored that she had never heard of it.

Plenty of folks don't know what it is yet, so it's not surprising that it wouldn't be high on the "shoppers' index"

And yet when they had a Super Bowl ad, this forum exploded with “how could they spend time and money on that instead of delivering my car”

It’s hard to win :)

I went to airport to pick up early this week and waited outside at baggage claim door. I got 6 Airport security officers came up to check out my AGT telling me they seeing 1000s cars a day, but never seen one like this. And asked me which country was it shipped from? TmOne security guy asked looking at the frunk “So where is the engine?”, the other smart security office commented “Dork! It’s a rear wheel drive car!” 🤣
This reminds me of a true story related to car's engine: about a year ago, a friend of mine and his wife went for a Tesla test drive and they noticed a fair amount of road noise. So the wife said to the Tesla sales guy that she thought that EVs should be more quite. The Tesla guy looked straight at her and said there was more road noise because there was no engine noise to cancel the road noise.
Well, they ended up buying a luxury car with an engine to have less road noise than the tested Tesla.

This reminds me of a true story related to car's engine: about a year ago, a friend of mine and his wife went for a Tesla test drive and they noticed a fair amount of road noise. So the wife said to the Tesla sales guy that she thought that EVs should be more quite. The Tesla guy looked straight at her and said there was more road noise because there was no engine noise to cancel the road noise.
Well, they ended up buying a luxury car with an engine to have less road noise than the tested Tesla.
Tesla are notorious for road noises, they will give stupid excuses for it as well like to me it was there is not enough noise insulation material as it makes the car heavy. I was like I didn't spend 120k on a car so I feel like I am driving a go kart with all the noise and wind hushing in. Sold it after that

Back