Mobile service front license plate experience

I have the wrap plate and I have to say if you must have a front plate, this is definitely the way to go. I really love all the lines of the Lucid and putting a mount on the front bumper in my opinion ruins the lines.
Also have wrap plate for front and agree it is a great way to go.

Thank you very much. Seeing it really helps. I was going to take a chance and go without but think now that I will do the same as you. Don’t want the hassle and will sell it eventually I suppose and need one there. Love the custom plate btw 🙂
Thanks. I definitely like look without the plate better, but figured if I was going to put a plate on, I’d make it fun. 😎

Here’s a pic of my QG with front plate. Hope it helps. I chose to put plate on because I was stopped by police with my last car with no plates. Just didn’t want to deal with the hassle.
Is this the license plate bracket provided by Lucid?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221226_141650.jpg
    Screenshot_20221226_141650.jpg
    300.8 KB · Views: 60
In CA we have a choice of plates like in most other states. I am wondering if I should ask for the black plate. https://www.dmv.ca.gov/portal/vehic...cense-plates/special-interest-license-plates/
Is there a special process to get it? Extra fees once or every year? Can the wrap plate be the same?
I have it and it looks great. No special process, but it’s like an extra $40 every year or something - it depends on which plate style you pick.

Yes, wrap plates will match your plate selection

I have it and it looks great. No special process, but it’s like an extra $40 every year or something - it depends on which plate style you pick.

Yes, wrap plates will match your plate selection
I will ask for the black one.

I like my black legacy plate on the gray Lucid much better than the standard issue CA white.

To be clear, you’ll likely get a regular sequential plate from Lucid, and then have to request a custom one from DMV. But worth asking Lucid if they can do it for you!

Mine was a transfer, so they handled that for me.

To be clear, you’ll likely get a regular sequential plate from Lucid, and then have to request a custom one from DMV. But worth asking Lucid if they can do it for you!

Mine was a transfer, so they handled that for me.
I see. If so, can I use the default plate in the back and order black stick on in the front ?

I see. If so, can I use the default plate in the back and order black stick on in the front ?
No, but you’ll have temporary plates for 90 days, and it is unlikely you’ll get pulled over for lack of a front plate in the few months before you get your permanent black plates.

That said, it would be ideal if Lucid could order them for you. In the meantime I’m certain that if you describe the situation to a cop they won’t be too hard on you 🤷‍♂️

No, but you’ll have temporary plates for 90 days, and it is unlikely you’ll get pulled over for lack of a front plate in the few months before you get your permanent black plates.

That said, it would be ideal if Lucid could order them for you. In the meantime I’m certain that if you describe the situation to a cop they won’t be too hard on you 🤷‍♂️
Also, you can order the new plates as soon as you have a VIN, but again: see if Lucid can request them for you.

OK. At the time of delivery I will ask for black plate and see what they say.

I would contact your DA ahead of time, as they’ll have to prepare the registration paperwork for you to sign ahead of or at delivery.

Here’s a pic of my QG with front plate. Hope it helps. I chose to put plate on because I was stopped by police with my last car with no plates. Just didn’t want to deal with the hassle.
I also ordered a QG, so this is super helpful. Thank you so much!

Lucid won't order you the legacy plates. You'll need to get your permanent plates from the DMV first before ordering the legacy replacements. Once you get those, then you can order the wrap because they (LPW) want a picture of your plate to make sure they're matching it perfectly.

Lucid won't order you the legacy plates. You'll need to get your permanent plates from the DMV first before ordering the legacy replacements. Once you get those, then you can order the wrap because they (LPW) want a picture of your plate to make sure they're matching it perfectly.
Thank you.

Actually…it doesn’t look that bad.

Out here in SoCal my cars haven’t worn a front license plate in several years. I haven’t had a problem with it yet.

Back