Mobile service front license plate experience

Thanks for sharing, do you have a picture (blurred out, of course)? I'm trying to decide if I want to go for a wrap plate instead.

Thanks for sharing, do you have a picture (blurred out, of course)? I'm trying to decide if I want to go for a wrap plate instead.
I have the wrap plate and I have to say if you must have a front plate, this is definitely the way to go. I really love all the lines of the Lucid and putting a mount on the front bumper in my opinion ruins the lines.

I have the wrap plate and I have to say if you must have a front plate, this is definitely the way to go. I really love all the lines of the Lucid and putting a mount on the front bumper in my opinion ruins the lines.
Very much interested in this as well. Can you also please share how and where you got the wrap plate from. Checking to see if there is an online service since I live in the suburbs of Houston, Texas. Thanks

Here’s another discussion. Seems like it may not be legal in Texas?
I just read that thread. That is definitely a bummer since I opted not to have lucid drill the front plate when my car was delivered two days ago.
Also, I am wandering what Happens if one undertakes road trip that crosses states where front plate is required…is it reasonable to assume that cops will/may give a pass if they see you are from out of state?

I know that almost everyone blurs out license plates. But from what I’ve read there is no need to.

Searching online, I can find almost no pictures of what the Lucid looks like with the front license plate attached. I am awaiting Touring delivery and need to make a decision fairly soon about whether to ask them to put one on or not. Could someone with a black Lucid (any color I guess but I am especially curious about the look on the black) post a couple of pictures from a couple of different angles of what the front actually looks like with the front plate attached? Would be very grateful.

Searching online, I can find almost no pictures of what the Lucid looks like with the front license plate attached. I am awaiting Touring delivery and need to make a decision fairly soon about whether to ask them to put one on or not. Could someone with a black Lucid (any color I guess but I am especially curious about the look on the black) post a couple of pictures from a couple of different angles of what the front actually looks like with the front plate attached? Would be very grateful.
Here’s a pic of my QG with front plate. Hope it helps. I chose to put plate on because I was stopped by police with my last car with no plates. Just didn’t want to deal with the hassle.

Attachments

• 008FB972-82C0-4089-9673-440E9EC443BF.jpeg
    008FB972-82C0-4089-9673-440E9EC443BF.jpeg
    3.9 MB · Views: 172
100%. if you have to have a front plate as you do in CA, licenseplatewrap.com is the way to go.

I just read that thread. That is definitely a bummer since I opted not to have lucid drill the front plate when my car was delivered two days ago.
Also, I am wandering what Happens if one undertakes road trip that crosses states where front plate is required…is it reasonable to assume that cops will/may give a pass if they see you are from out of state?
If you drive to a state where front plates are required, it won’t matter since you are bound by the rules of the State you are registered in.

Very much interested in this as well. Can you also please share how and where you got the wrap plate from. Checking to see if there is an online service since I live in the suburbs of Houston, Texas. Thanks
The use of these type of plates varies by state. TX, at this time, supposedly does not allow us to use this option. Believe you can keep your front plate somewhere inside and put it on your front dash should you get pulled over.

Wrap plates are not legal in most states.

The use of these type of plates varies by state. TX, at this time, supposedly does not allow us to use this option. Believe you can keep your front plate somewhere inside and put it on your front dash should you get pulled over.
Texas State Troopers will give you a ticket for having a wrap plate.

Texas State Troopers will give you a ticket for having a wrap plate.
If you are registered in Texas, for sure. But they can't ticket you with CA plates if your front plate is a wrap.

Speaking of front plates, I was so excited about getting my car I didn't notice they didn't drill the front plate mount onto my front bumper, as requested. They left it in my trunk, but they forgot to put it on, evidently. I guess I will wait until I get my official CO plates and have mobile service do it for me.

If you are registered in Texas, for sure. But they can't ticket you with CA plates if your front plate is a wrap.
Of course not...

Virginia requires a front plate but I’m rolling the dice and skipping drilling holes in my new car, for now. What is a wrap plate?

Here’s a pic of my QG with front plate. Hope it helps. I chose to put plate on because I was stopped by police with my last car with no plates. Just didn’t want to deal with the hassle.
Thank you very much. Seeing it really helps. I was going to take a chance and go without but think now that I will do the same as you. Don’t want the hassle and will sell it eventually I suppose and need one there. Love the custom plate btw 🙂

Back