• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Mobile Key Working Well!

You can easily turn off Bluetooth on the entire phone if you are not planning on using any other Bluetooth functionality while working in the garage. Or you could turn off Bluetooth just for the Lucid app while working in the garage.
IMG_4230.jpeg

Bobby thanks so much for advocating using the mobile key. It was annoying to use the fob and have the pouch with me always, and I kept forgetting how to open the funk/trunk. It turns out I did not know how to "shut down" the apps on my phone ( Pixel 5a )... I'm talking about how you slowly swipe up from the bottom...part-way until you get the smaller view, then gently push it to the right to uncover the " Clear All " button. This shuts down the Lucid app = like putting the fob in a Faraday pouch. ( my son taught me how my phone works ). Previous to this discovery I signed out of the app entirely to prevent the phone from waking the car every time I was near. This is a pain, and takes too long, so I had resigned myself to the fob. No more! Fob is put away... good riddance.

I have found that when I open the Lucid app now, after the recent update, the car unlocks quickly using the mobile key....within a few seconds. I guess all you young folk already know how your phone works....I wonder what else this phone does? People say you can access the internet with it ?

Love the mobile key !

Also .... put on my summer tires. Absolutely loving this car. So much fun.

2 other things to try

Developer settings,standby apps, set Lucid to active

Developer settings, suspend execution for cached apps, disable
Thanks Bobby but I tried those as well. The only thing that seems to work is to increase the number of background processes in the developer settings but it's indiscriminate on the most recent apps you opened so it's a major battery drain on the phone. This is why I'm 95% sure it's a specific Pixel issue as their phones try to optimize battery life by constantly pausing / killing inactive apps even if you set it as exempt. It's a nice backup to the FOB key though because it works great when the app is open.

It's odd but I find that my Mobile Key works WORSE since 2.0.66. I have an iPhone 14 Pro. Since the update, I now routinely stand beside the car for 5-10 seconds before it unlocks. Rarely I have to unlock it from the app. This worked much more reliably before the update. Nevertheless, I love 2.0.66! My Highway Assist now works again and boy, did I miss it!
Maybe we are in the minority, but I have been using the mobile key exclusively since I got the car last October, and it has been working well. However, since .66 I have been having issues. It seems like the car is going into a deeper sleep and not waking up. I wonder if they have been trying to minimize phantom power drain.

Dunno....but I tried using the mobile key (Pixel 7 Android) exclusively for a week just last week, and ended up frustrated. Lots of wait time, had to always go into the app to unlock the car...very sporadically would the car sense the mobile kep automatically and open by itself. Went back to using a fob and deleted mobile key....was nice not carrying a fob for a week though...
For me, I always have to keep the app open with Bluetooth on whole walking towards the car and then it works every time. But I don't have always on location cause of sucked my phones battery dry. Opening the app while walking to the car is just 2 buttons so I don't mind.

I actually only use the mobile key. iOS user here. It works 95% of the time with me occasionally needing to open the app to unlock when car is in a deep sleep. Happens most often in my garage. I have to remember to get the key if I'm going to valet!

Opening the app while walking to the car is just 2 buttons so I don't mind.

?

One button on Pixel 5a. Tap the Lucid icon and the car unlocks in ~ 5 seconds 100% of the time.

A partial swipe to expose the "clear all" button behind the Lucid app. screen to prevent battery drain and unwanted awakening.

I have literally lost my fob because I haven’t used it in so long lol. At some point I should get a new one from service, because I have no idea where it is.

Mobile key works great for me.
@borski , @Bobby - Are you, or anyone else, noticing a slower open/read with mobile key following the update? What are you finding to be best practice for trying to open the trunk with the mobile key? Thanks.

I haven't received the most recent update, but have been receiving notifications (I think) on my lucid app. It's on an android-samsung S23 and I note an orange bubble within the lucid app icon on my screen with the number 11 in it. Had been lower number earlier. I have a fob on me in a faraday pouch and I'm upstairs while the car is garaged. Any suggestions what might be going on with mobile key?

@borski , @Bobby - Are you, or anyone else, noticing a slower open/read with mobile key following the update? What are you finding to be best practice for trying to open the trunk with the mobile key? Thanks.
Mine is the same. For the trunk, push it once, wait 2-3 seconds push the trunk button again.

Since the upgrade I set the unlock to be active ie push the door handle. Doesnt always readily wake up from an overnight sleep. Same with the app trigger. A bit slow. Valet key is immediate as before. Subsequent awaking occur with a touch of the door handle.

I have literally lost my fob because I haven’t used it in so long lol. At some point I should get a new one from service, because I have no idea where it is.

Mobile key works great for me.
Might it be possible for the app to do a FindMy for lost fobs? (I meant in a future iteration.)

With yesterday's update to 2.1.3 allowing me to turn off passive unlock, I finally switched back on my mobile key. I couldn't deal with the constant unlock when passing by my car in the garage, so had it off. Looking forward to going fob-less.

This thread is interesting. I too have a Pixel 7 and the mobile key has been unusable for me. It often takes 15-30 seconds to wake up the car when I open the app, and I do not ever remember a time the door opened for me when I had just the phone. I have tried all the possible settings in the Pixel to make it work but for naught.

I also do not believe it is just a Pixel problem. The Tesla App works flawlessly on the same phone, and my wife's iPhone which is also paid as a mobile key does not work in a similar fashion.

Any other ideas what might be going on?

This thread is interesting. I too have a Pixel 7 and the mobile key has been unusable for me. It often takes 15-30 seconds to wake up the car when I open the app, and I do not ever remember a time the door opened for me when I had just the phone. I have tried all the possible settings in the Pixel to make it work but for naught.

I also do not believe it is just a Pixel problem. The Tesla App works flawlessly on the same phone, and my wife's iPhone which is also paid as a mobile key does not work in a similar fashion.

I'm on a pixel 6. I get the same delay. I open the app up on advance of going out to the car. That usually speeds things up for me. So while walking to car from a distance.

Its a pixel + lucid app combo issue I think. Pixels are known to not play well with our lucids - I think there's a note about it over on lucidupdates.com in the faq

I have pixel 7, app is flawless for me and works, unlocks and presents itself to me as I walk near it

And I have a history of the phone kry not working for me in first 5 months of ownership

I can confirm it's definitely Google/Pixel issue. I've done extensive testing with my Pixel 7, and my backup Samsung S20 with the same exact settings work better (not perfect or similar to our iPhone friends). The Pixel for every good reason for the phone loves to kill/pause any inactive background and processes, regardless of the setting you set to override.

Back