Mobile Key - Frunk Open Hack with iPhone

sbr41

Verified Owner
Cars
Air Touring
Quick update for fellow forum owners using Mobile key:

1. Create an iPhone shortcut to open the frunk.
  2. Set your Action Button (iPhone 15 Pro) to trigger the shortcut.
When you approach the car and it wakes up, press and hold the Action Button on your iPhone to open the frunk.

Of course you need iPhone 15Pro for this to work. If not, you can still use the Shortcuts but its a few more taps.

When you approach the car and it wakes up, press and hold the Action Button on your iPhone to open the frunk.

Of course you need iPhone 15Pro for this to work. If not, you can still use the Shortcuts but its a few more taps.

Good idea.

Thanks. Did not know that!!

I thought this was an awesome idea and set it up, but it's not working for me. When I press the action button, the dynamic island at the top of the phone displays the L for the Lucid logo, but the trunk doesn't open. Any troubleshooting advice?

Technically it should work when the car is awake. However it doesn’t work sometimes, and some other times, it requires us to tap on the Dynamic Island (don’t know why), and then it works. And then there are other times - like most things on the Lucid App.

The trick is that the car needs to “wake up” before it can do anything. Not light up the screens or unlock the car. I mean a command that tells the car that it needs to be ready to receive mobile commands. Sometimes that takes up to 40 seconds. Sometimes it fails altogether if the car isn’t getting great signal at that point in time.

I’m hoping they can improve on that initial response eventually. But not sure if it’s a hardware thing.

Once the car is ready, you can use as many shortcuts as you want and they should all work quickly. It’s just that first one.

Unfortunately, this means using it for the action button is a bit less useful.

yeah - I hope the response time to wake the car up would be less like < 5s. I am sure Lucid may be working behind the scenes or is in the backlog…

After the most recent update, it does not seem to work at all (even when the car is awake).

Back