Miles on arrival display

Bunnylebowski

Verified Owner
Cars
Air GT Black/Tahoe/19"
Dear Lucid, I love the car and love you but PLEASE remove the “miles on arrival” display from the cockpit when using the navigation and put back mi/kWh. The miles on arrival display is accurate ZERO PERCENT of the time. It’s misleading because it utterly ignores your real mi/kWh and instead forces EPA range estimate math into it when we’re not in an EPA lab. So everytime I use the navigation I have to look at the car trying to lie to me about my range on the left screen. This is an Elon style tactic and doesn’t belong in this car. I think what would be very useful instead and easy to implement is to divide your current distance to destination by your mi/kWh, which would give you kW used, then subtract that from total available kW when 100% SOC to get the expected kW remaining remaining in the battery on re and multiply that by your mi/kWh, and that would actually tell you a very accurate estimated miles left on arrival. There’s the math, it works, but it’s dangerous for me to do while driving so either do that, or at least get rid of the stupid miles on arrival display and put back mi/kWh which was actually useful. Thank you! I can make my own tech talk video on a napkin if that helps. Also if there’s some blogger/fake journalist looking to use this post and publish it to portray Lucid in a negative light, you do not have my permission to quote me here. Lucid is great, I’m posting this because they listen to owners.

Same logic should apply to the miles (or percent) remaining in battery display shown in the bottom center. Simple math: (miles per kWh) x (kWh remaining in battery). The m/kWh should be based on the last few (10?) miles of driving.

absolutely agree on the remaining miles/percent info. Right now it's not just useless, but even worse, it provides very misleading data that one might depend on for next charge stop.

One of my favorite games is:

Car says I have 420 miles of range. I am leaving on a 160 mile trip so I should have 260 left when I arrive. Now, I get to estimate what the REAL ending range will be. I set it in my mind and as the trip progresses and I see the numbers dropping I do the math to see how, over time, we approach my estimate. I have gotten pretty good and pat myself on the back when I am close.

So what’s your percentage of actual to what the car tells you. I am getting 60%

Reactions: DJL
The math is not the difficult to include a few first order factors like altitude and speed. Both are known from the route plan. I agree the current average efficiency would be better than the current EPA number.

On long trips I am around 80%. Around town, when you are constantly get 5,000 lbs up to speed from a stop it is more like 65-70 for me. I hugely crank the AC during the summer though. I am surprised you are at 60% that is more like 2.7 miles/kwh although not if you have 21s I guess.

I was getting 3.2 mi/kWh over 720 miles with temps 28-40 with slightly under inflated tires, heavy rain half the time and lots of hills. Pretty good I think. Adds up to 350 miles of range, the miles at destination display was off by almost 100 miles at the destination.

Totally and utterly agree with all the posts above with regards to the inaccuracy of the "miles left to destination" shown in the car during a road trip when using Lucid's own navigation. I've stated this earlier too but because I think it's so so important to get it right and show the correct information vs EPA numbers for "miles left to destination". Especially in cold weather driving like we did couple of weeks ago from Phoenix to Austin, TX, I was amazed at the inaccuracy of it all and actually ended up giving myself anywhere from 100-150 miles of buffer from one charging stop to another. Think we were getting really bad numbers of like 2.6 or 2.7m/kwh during that stretch heading East. While heading back West it was slightly better coz the temps were slightly warmer all other things being equal

My Thanksgiving trip was 800 miles, half in the hills, temps in the 25-50F. Probably averaged 80 MPH. Got 3.3 mi/kWh, which felt pretty good.

But I'm still pretty nervous about the "miles on arrival". We had like 40 miles to go and 120 miles of stated range and I thought "uh...I thiiiiiink 3x should be sufficient". It's unsettling when you go up a long hill and lose 10% of your estimated miles on arrival.

I’ve started using the settings button to navigate to the “vehicle “ button and opening up the “trip information “. The first line shows “since last charge “…miles driven, kWh used and “the miles/kWh!! Since it’s on the Pilot Panel, it reminds me of the ten years spent doing “energy management “ while flying cross country in a sailplane. Then, you always had to have the thought in the background that you were flying on empty.

I find it funny how the Miles on Arrival constantly goes down and down even though I'm on cruise control and flat ground. It really needs to be more intelligent than using the EPA numbers in a vacuum to calculate.

I picked up my AGT from Goose Island on 12/8 and drove it home to Dayton OH. I was certain that somewhere on the left screen I could find a readout of Miles/kWh, so I combed the forum and manual on the drive home, trying to find this setting. I'm disappointed that the only gauge of my mileage was the estimated battery life, and I had to revert to a mileage calculation not used since I was a young man, dividing miles driven by kW used to recharge, when I got home. My 'mileage' was 3.5 mi/kWh on the trip, 95% interstate at 70-75 MPH, 5% in town. Raining and at night--not sure how much battery drain that takes.

I picked up my AGT from Goose Island on 12/8 and drove it home to Dayton OH. I was certain that somewhere on the left screen I could find a readout of Miles/kWh, so I combed the forum and manual on the drive home, trying to find this setting. I'm disappointed that the only gauge of my mileage was the estimated battery life, and I had to revert to a mileage calculation not used since I was a young man, dividing miles driven by kW used to recharge, when I got home. My 'mileage' was 3.5 mi/kWh on the trip, 95% interstate at 70-75 MPH, 5% in town. Raining and at night--not sure how much battery drain that takes.
Beautiful! If you go to settings on the ”Pilot Panel”, open Vehicle tab and then open up the one that shows”trips” , the first line shows miles since last charge, miles/KWh…On a longer trip I like to keep that opened on the Pilot Panel.

Beautiful! If you go to settings on the ”Pilot Panel”, open Vehicle tab and then open up the one that shows”trips” , the first line shows miles since last charge, miles/KWh…On a longer trip I like to keep that opened on the Pilot Panel.
Thanks much

And..expect a noticeable improvement as you get beyond 2,500 miles….some break in of the motors and drive components.

And..expect a noticeable improvement as you get beyond 2,500 miles….some break in of the motors and drive components.
And…Change the “Miles Remaining” on the dash to “percentage remaining” …much easier on the mind and way more objective

100% agree. Almost home from my Trip driving SEA to LA. Navigation and estimate of mileage remaining needs major improvements. If someone just goes based off what the car tells them you will get stranded 100%.

As I type this, when I started it said 100 miles left at destination, now insufficient range.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 91
Unfortunately that display was removed in the newer software but I’d heard it might come back in a future update? I don’t think any owner I know of doesn’t want it back!

Unfortunately that display was removed in the newer software but I’d heard it might come back in a future update? I don’t think any owner I know of doesn’t want it back!
From this forum I always saw it on there. I was looking for it in the settings, I didn’t know they took it off!

Back