Mid sized Lucid

Which Roadster? The one Tesla took deposits on in 2017 and of which little has since been seen or heard?
Exactly that. So I can get my deposit back. From 2017.

The latest is reservations re opened this year and it’s supposed to go into production next year. But he took down all the pricing detail so no doubt, the pricing will go up.

Anyone want to take bets on whether he honors the pricing for those of us that have had a deposit with him since 2017? It’s kind of funny because everyone (except one person) on the tesla boards is certain those of us with a deposit have the price locked in. I’m almost positive we’re screwed. I’d feel better if we actually had a chance to configure a car. But the language in the contract just says deposit holds your our place in line.

I think it’s one thing if it’s a $100-$1000 deposit. But to hold $50k and $250k for 6+ years and then jack up the price on the product is pretty rude. Outside inflation or not. You got the float on all that money for 6 years. But my guess it’ll come in way higher than $200k and $250k.

It’ll either be a massive price hike. Or else the base config won’t come with an engine unless you pay $100k extra is my guess.

Would love for them to announce a sports car also. Something to rival the Roadster.

Likely won’t sell a ton. But with the tech they have, they’d be able to make an awesome one.
They do have an awesome "sports car" called Air Sapphire... It just happens to be a sports car that seats 5...

I think the term "mid-size" is a bit confounding when discussing Lucid, as their "space concept" powertrain has broken the mold of previous definitions.

Some buyers prefer a mid-size to a full-size car due to its smaller exterior dimensions for maneuvering in traffic congestion or parking in tight spaces. Others prefer a full-size car because they want or need the larger interior.

Lucid satisfies both demands. At 195.88" long, it falls short of the 196.8" lower limit for full-size status that insurers use to define size class. (The Air is sized similarly to the MB E Class, BMW 5 Series, Audi A6, and Porsche Taycan, all of which are classed as mid-size sedans.) However, with 130 cubic feet of combined interior passenger and cargo space, it is well above the 120-cubic-feet size that defines entry into the full-size category where cars such as the MB S Class and BMW 7 Series reside.

In short, the full-size / mid-size differentiation doesn't really apply to Lucid. The Air is both things at once.

Would love for them to announce a sports car also. Something to rival the Roadster.

Likely won’t sell a ton. But with the tech they have, they’d be able to make an awesome one.
A roadster makes more since than the Sapphire, IMHO... But the Sapphire was probably easier to build at the moment.

Lots of opinions in this thread - I'll just hold mine and instead say that whatever strategy Lucid has, all fingers crossed that they succeed!

I have never been as happy with a major "frivolous" purchase as I have with our Air. While obviously a down-market car won't have all the bells and whistles of the GT, I have no doubt that it will be a fantastic vehicle.

Honestly, for selfish reasons, just really want this company to succeed because I don't want to have to consider another brand in future years.

I think the term "mid-size" is a bit confounding when discussing Lucid, as their "space concept" powertrain has broken the mold of previous definitions.

Some buyers prefer a mid-size to a full-size car due to its smaller exterior dimensions for maneuvering in traffic congestion or parking in tight spaces. Others prefer a full-size car because they want or need the larger interior.

Lucid satisfies both demands. At 195.88" long, it falls short of the 196.8" lower limit for full-size status that insurers use to define size class. (The Air is sized similarly to the MB E Class, BMW 5 Series, Audi A6, and Porsche Taycan, all of which are classed as mid-size sedans.) However, with 130 cubic feet of combined interior passenger and cargo space, it is well above the 120-cubic-feet size that defines entry into the full-size category where cars such as the MB S Class and BMW 7 Series reside.

In short, the full-size / mid-size differentiation doesn't really apply to Lucid. The Air is both things at once.
I prefer a smaller car and I currently drive a BMW 530e which is as big as I ever want to go. At least the Lucid is essentially the same size. No way would I ever go for an EQS, I7, etc. Just too big for me.

Understand what you’re saying with terminology. I should have been more specific.

The Model 3 is 185 inches long. So a full 10 inches shorter. We also own an Audi A3 hatchback that I think was only 180.

Would love to have a Model 3 sized car that still had the interior room of an E class Mercedes. And I think a lot of city dwellers with tight parking would also like it.

Two halves of America though. Plenty of big trucks and SUV’s out there.

Our family would like both.

Would love to have a Model 3 sized car that still had the interior room of an E class Mercedes.

I think there's a good chance that a smaller Lucid sedan would deliver just that. The smaller the car gets, the bigger the space dividends relative to car size Lucid's ultra-compact drive unit will deliver.

Which Roadster? The one Tesla took deposits on in 2017 and of which little has since been seen or heard?
I have one.

tesla roadster front.JPG

DSC01114.JPG

Understand what you’re saying with terminology. I should have been more specific.

The Model 3 is 185 inches long. So a full 10 inches shorter. We also own an Audi A3 hatchback that I think was only 180.

Would love to have a Model 3 sized car that still had the interior room of an E class Mercedes. And I think a lot of city dwellers with tight parking would also like it.

Two halves of America though. Plenty of big trucks and SUV’s out there.

Our family would like both.
I think there's a good chance that a smaller Lucid sedan would deliver just that. The smaller the car gets, the bigger the space dividends relative to car size Lucid's ultra-compact drive unit will deliver.

I would prefer a smaller Air too but with price inflation and whatnot, by the time a mini Air comes out it'll be the same price of the current Air <.<

Yeah, I caught that just after I put up my first post. Thanks.

@hmp10 immediately deleted his reply but no worries I got it documented !

1670527546825.png

In reply to your question, they have enough produced to deliver to you within 2-4 business days 😝

Back