Mercedes EQS SUV

The I4 is a great car if the polarizing design doesn't turn you off. My only nibbles, aside from the design, is that is a conversion of a four series grand coupe rather than a BEV designed from the floor up (but ultimately that doesn't matter) and the BMW system that limits the quality (read luxury) features available on it (to get more BMW forces you to go up in size and I don't want to go up in size). I previously replaced a 3 series with a 5 series primarily so I could get the luxury features I wanted (such as Nappa instead of Dakota/Vernasca), etc. For that reason I was holding out for the Lucid Air Pure or the I5 but when I found the GV60 Performance with only 77 inches in length with the luxury (nappa upholstery; Ultrasuede headliner; 1400 watt 17 speaker B&O music system; etc.) and performance (483 HP with 4 second 0-60 time; 18 minute fast charging to from 10-80% of charge; 3 years of EA free charging; HUD and full ADAS (five different blind spot warnings; (1) traditional red triangle in side view mirror); (2) Driver display and HUD show red coloring by lane markings if a vehicle moves into the blind spot' (3) turn on your blinker and a window opens up on the driver display showing a camera view of that side of the car rear; (4) If nonetheless one is moving toward a vehicle, the car will attempt to steer you away from the danger; and (5) if you are still ignoring it, a loud warning sounds comes on. It is a bit of overkill but I find the HUD color lighting by the lane marking the best feature.

But the one feature that can't compare is the handling. an SUV, even a small and relatively low one, can't compare on handling to a BMW sedan. But there are some compensations. For example, getting in and out of the GV60 is easy compared to a performance sedan.

Enjoy your I4.
I think you’ll be finding more of these surprises and features as you continue to spend more time with the car. The car even warns me of speed bumps & railroad tracks from about 1,000 feet away. Since some of these things don’t exist on the Lucid, it’s something that I’m always wrestling with.

I couldn’t agree with you more when you advise people to not dismiss the car before driving it. Things like the grill are trivial relative to what this car offers. I suspect you might also have less of the little niggles with the car than the Lucid. I’ve had zero issues.

I know some might have thought I was embellishing when offering my thoughts on the car, but I was really trying to be objective and honest.

The I4 is a great car if the polarizing design doesn't turn you off. My only nibbles, aside from the design, is that is a conversion of a four series grand coupe rather than a BEV designed from the floor up (but ultimately that doesn't matter) and the BMW system that limits the quality (read luxury) features available on it (to get more BMW forces you to go up in size and I don't want to go up in size). I previously replaced a 3 series with a 5 series primarily so I could get the luxury features I wanted (such as Nappa instead of Dakota/Vernasca), etc. For that reason I was holding out for the Lucid Air Pure or the I5 but when I found the GV60 Performance with only 77 inches in length with the luxury (nappa upholstery; Ultrasuede headliner; 1400 watt 17 speaker B&O music system; etc.) and performance (483 HP with 4 second 0-60 time; 18 minute fast charging to from 10-80% of charge; 3 years of EA free charging; HUD and full ADAS (five different blind spot warnings; (1) traditional red triangle in side view mirror); (2) Driver display and HUD show red coloring by lane markings if a vehicle moves into the blind spot' (3) turn on your blinker and a window opens up on the driver display showing a camera view of that side of the car rear; (4) If nonetheless one is moving toward a vehicle, the car will attempt to steer you away from the danger; and (5) if you are still ignoring it, a loud warning sounds comes on. It is a bit of overkill but I find the HUD color lighting by the lane marking the best feature.

But the one feature that can't compare is the handling. an SUV, even a small and relatively low one, can't compare on handling to a BMW sedan. But there are some compensations. For example, getting in and out of the GV60 is easy compared to a performance sedan.

Enjoy your I4.
Different strengths for the GV60 compared to the BMWi4.

But from what you describe, it sounds like the GV60 is also a bargain for what is included as standard fare in the car.

Also, when comparing these vehicles my wife had noted the BMW i4 was on a different level luxury wise. I generally am not crazy about BMWs, but had to strongly agree. I couldn’t believe the EQB and i4 even crossed over in the same price range. No, the i4 isn’t a cross over but the difference in luxury is stark.
One thing about BMW is their cars at all levels have nicer interior finishes ( not looks and layout) than Mercedes. As soon as Mercedes drops from S badge things go drastically down. I got a loaner E class and couldn't believe the stark difference between cars 1 segment apart. BMW 5 series on the other hand felt more upscale and BMW always nails it on the driving aspect.
Saw the iX today. Back looks pretty decent and front was funky

Enjoy your I4.
I never got crazy about Nappa leather vs Vernasca. In fact I often have a tough time feeling the difference between the real leathers and the faux leathers. So for me, a luxury feature like that is not a big deal. If the seats themselves aren’t comfortable, it makes no difference what the material is. My wife and I both find the actual i4 seat comfort superb on long trips. Truth be told, the most comfortable seat material I’ve ever sat in was the non-leather textile seats of my MS. Gasp! I had to pick one from 3 available in Tesla’s stock and the only silver one had the textile seating. I took a gamble and never regretted it.

The i4 RWD 0-60 times have been measured by a number of reviewers at 4.7-4.9. Fast enough for me. Again, I no longer get crazy about these things. Quality construction to me is far more important and, as you know, BMW excels there.

The i4’s upgraded HK stereo is also first rate and produces exceptionally good sound. I listened to the Lucid’s stereo the other day at the studio, but the sales advisor was having trouble with it. He wasn’t sure if it was because the car was inside or something else. The studio faces a street with a large window, so I’m not sure if the radio was actually glitching or it was a reception issue. As I understand it though, Lucid’s SXM is internet based, so it shouldn’t have made a difference. I noticed the car was receiving a good signal, so who knows? I doubt I was the first person to ask to hear the system.

The bottom line is that the i4 (as does your GV60) provides a plethora of features often not found on far more expensive cars. People will dismiss them out of hand for a variety of reasons. I have one neighbor in our development that once said to a friend upon seeing his new Hyundai Tucson Hybrid, “I’d never park a Hyundai in my driveway”. No, he was serious. This ’discerning car enthusiast‘ prefers his S class that’s been in the shop more times than I can count. Each to his own.

Enjoy your GV60. I’m not a fan of SUVs or crossovers, so I never considered a GV60. It took me ownership of an Audi e-Tron & Jaguar I-Pace to come to this conclusion. I’m a slow learner. ;)

I never got crazy about Nappa leather vs Vernasca. In fact I often have a tough time feeling the difference between the real leathers and the faux leathers. So for me, a luxury feature like that is not a big deal. If the seats themselves aren’t comfortable, it makes no difference what the material is. My wife and I both find the actual i4 seat comfort superb on long trips. Truth be told, the most comfortable seat material I’ve ever sat in was the non-leather textile seats of my MS. Gasp! I had to pick one from 3 available in Tesla’s stock and the only silver one had the textile seating. I took a gamble and never regretted it.

The i4 RWD 0-60 times have been measured by a number of reviewers at 4.7-4.9. Fast enough for me. Again, I no longer get crazy about these things. Quality construction to me is far more important and, as you know, BMW excels there.

The i4’s upgraded HK stereo is also first rate and produces exceptionally good sound. I listened to the Lucid’s stereo the other day at the studio, but the sales advisor was having trouble with it. He wasn’t sure if it was because the car was inside or something else. The studio faces a street with a large window, so I’m not sure if the radio was actually glitching or it was a reception issue. As I understand it though, Lucid’s SXM is internet based, so it shouldn’t have made a difference. I noticed the car was receiving a good signal, so who knows? I doubt I was the first person to ask to hear the system.

The bottom line is that the i4 (as does your GV60) provides a plethora of features often not found on far more expensive cars. People will dismiss them out of hand for a variety of reasons. I have one neighbor in our development that once said to a friend upon seeing his new Hyundai Tucson Hybrid, “I’d never park a Hyundai in my driveway”. No, he was serious. This ’discerning car enthusiast‘ prefers his S class that’s been in the shop more times than I can count. Each to his own.

Enjoy your GV60. I’m not a fan of SUVs or crossovers, so I never considered a GV60. It took me ownership of an Audi e-Tron & Jaguar I-Pace to come to this conclusion. I’m a slow learner. ;)
I see Lucken that you are from Long island. Though I have been living in Oregon for the last 25 years, I grew up in Long Island myself(Westbury-Nassau County)

Personal likes of EQS SUV review:
- Rear wheels turning
- HUD
- Augment reality
- Comfort ventilated seats
- Massage seats
- Stable UI with lots of options
- Optional 3rd row

What turn off to me
- No frunk
- Over-engineered UI
- Interior look and design

Not sure:
- Moveable brake

May still try to test drive one.

I see Lucken that you are from Long island. Though I have been living in Oregon for the last 25 years, I grew up in Long Island myself(Westbury-Nassau County)
I know Westbury well. We used to visit Roosevelt Field frequently as well as the Westbury movie theater.

We lived in Plainview for 25 years before moving further East.

Which part you don’t like it?

The handling? Cabin design? Road noise?

I didn’t mind the cabin design, Interior to me felt like a Tesla. That’s not a compliment. Loud wind noise, not the smoothest ride. The car overall did not feel premium. Software however was good as well as the size.

I happened to bump into one today. It’s my first time seeing it close up. It is a very gorgeous design. I didn’t get to test-drive it. The car is very new at 100+ miles. The owner expects to flip it for 55% above MSRP Launch Edition. OUCH! This car seems PERFECT to me from all angles. My only concern is will it it ride smooth for road noise insulation. I agree, its software feels like Tesla loaded with features.

Attachments

• 889D49B9-53A4-4B45-A5D3-879B78FC5B80.jpeg
    889D49B9-53A4-4B45-A5D3-879B78FC5B80.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 136
  • CA361F57-68EA-4782-88F1-0FE44C0A6B1D.jpeg
    CA361F57-68EA-4782-88F1-0FE44C0A6B1D.jpeg
    4.3 MB · Views: 124
  • E80D44CA-C9F9-4612-82B1-0E195B9CB0B8.jpeg
    E80D44CA-C9F9-4612-82B1-0E195B9CB0B8.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 111
  • 0E47A50F-2425-4086-905A-1C6A1F2A5BCD.jpeg
    0E47A50F-2425-4086-905A-1C6A1F2A5BCD.jpeg
    4 MB · Views: 113
  • DF3AB8B5-C8BD-4E2B-B657-99C5711578B8.jpeg
    DF3AB8B5-C8BD-4E2B-B657-99C5711578B8.jpeg
    4.4 MB · Views: 138
I happened to bump into one today. It’s my first time seeing it close up. It is a very gorgeous design. I didn’t get to test-drive it. The car is very new at 100+ miles. The owner expects to flip it for 55% above MSRP Launch Edition. OUCH! This car seems PERFECT to me from all angles. My only concern is will it it ride smooth for road noise insulation. I agree, its software feels like Tesla loaded with features.
Bad ride, loud, cramped 3rd row,, no cargo space if you have 7 passengers, it's just a complete let down compared to the truck.

I just found out the EQS suv has off road mode. I see the packages mention rear entertainment. And I see it has pretty lights! I am in love! Hope gravity has off road mode !!

Attachments

• 1DE75E80-5FF3-44E6-A230-5E2CBB4DEC58.jpeg
    1DE75E80-5FF3-44E6-A230-5E2CBB4DEC58.jpeg
    406.1 KB · Views: 113
  • 30A32149-1B59-4CBB-8A97-EEFDF4E2E4F1.jpeg
    30A32149-1B59-4CBB-8A97-EEFDF4E2E4F1.jpeg
    974.9 KB · Views: 112
I just found out the EQS suv has off road mode. I see the packages mention rear entertainment. And I see it has pretty lights! I am in love! Hope gravity has off road mode !!
Well, we do know you like to take Lucids off road...

Pretty lights? More like gaudy Vegas glitz.

Hard pass for me.

I drov ethe pickup, felt like risding a horse, very bad handling and ride. prefer the Lucid! But of course, Lucid is a sport sedan. But I expect the gravity to handle much better than the rivian.

I drov ethe pickup, felt like risding a horse, very bad handling and ride. prefer the Lucid! But of course, Lucid is a sport sedan. But I expect the gravity to handle much better than the rivian.
Agree, it doesn’t handle that well. Rivian doesn’t have all the luxury sports car feel, it feels like an expensive truck with good Tesla-like infotainment. But it’s fun though.

Agree, it doesn’t handle that well. Rivian doesn’t have all the luxury sports car feel, it feels like an expensive truck with good Tesla-like infotainment. But it’s fun though.
You've got spoiled by Lucid. Admit it :)

So, I'm currently at East Stroudsburg (that is in PA for all interested).
Stations are empty, me, let's experiment.
One station required app authentication which worked.
The reminding, no authentication required, all worked.
And all at the same speed, around 170 kw - 130 kw (more, or less).

So, I'm currently at East Stroudsburg (that is in PA for all interested).
Stations are empty, me, let's experiment.
One station required app authentication which worked.
The reminding, no authentication required, all worked.
And all at the same speed, around 170 kw - 130 kw (more, or less).
Apologies gents,
Just realized that posted it in the wrong thread

Back