Technology & Performance​

• More than 620 miles on a single
  • <100 kWh battery capacity
  • First real-time 3D navigation system with NAVIS Automotive Systems
  • Drag coefficient of cd 0.17

A) it’s f*ing ugly
B) it’s still a concept car
C) no price, no expected release

The battery piece is interesting but there’s along way to go from concept to production so people shouldn’t get their hopes up.

Kyle got a sneak peek at CES setup along with many unknown EVs.

Hard to get excited about concept cars. Been there, done that.

Yep, "Concept"=not available/not excited.......sorta like CarPlay or SiriusXM SATELLITE radio in my AGT. Sorry, couldn't help myself.

Plus, it looks like they took three different cars and frankensteined(sp?) them together.

Hard to get excited about concept cars. Been there, done that.
The same could be said for Sapphire, technically. Although, I'd argue Sapphire will likely actually launch in its current form with very little modification.

I get why people might get excited by this, though. I like looking at coming trends. But it is important to keep in mind what is promised in a CES demo is often very different from the reality when it ships—if it ever ships—years later.

The same could be said for Sapphire, technically. Although, I'd argue Sapphire will likely actually launch in its current form with very little modification.

I get why people might get excited by this, though. I like looking at coming trends. But it is important to keep in mind what is promised in a CES demo is often very different from the reality when it ships—if it ever ships—years later.

I would call the Sapphire more a pre-production vehicle as this stage rather than a concept vehicle. All the key elements of the car seem to be locked in, with fully-operational cars having been track tested against competing brands.

I would call the Sapphire more a pre-production vehicle as this stage rather than a concept vehicle. All the key elements of the car seem to be locked in, with fully-operational cars having been track tested against competing brands.
Yeah. Sapphire is different. It’s much much further along.

Perhaps I should have said there are a lot of concept EVs with 600 miles of range and self driving. That’s isn’t anything special for a concept car.

Now i want to know what Lucid can do if they try and make a super efficiency focused car lol

I found it interesting how the presenter mistook the EQE for the EQS. Sounds like mercedes' EQ design language might be diluting the prestige of buying an s class if all of Mercedes cars look the same. Also the door handles... I hope they don't bring those pull-the-string-then-push-the-door door handles to a production car to "save weight"

Back