Lucid's wall-mounted EVSE - adjustable current setting?

DeaneG

Verified Owner
Cars
Air GT, XC40 P8 EV
Referral Code
3OKY7YGA
Does anyone know if Lucid's upcoming wall-mounted EVSE has a setting for maximum charging (and/or discharging) current? Or is it fixed at 80A and so requires a 100A circuit?
I'd like to install mine on an existing 60-amp circuit, replacing a Tesla HPWC, and would hope to get bidirectional 48-amp charge/discharge through it.

Does anyone know if Lucid's upcoming wall-mounted EVSE has a setting for maximum charging (and/or discharging) current? Or is it fixed at 80A and so requires a 100A circuit?
I'd like to install mine on an existing 60-amp circuit, replacing a Tesla HPWC, and would hope to get bidirectional 48-amp charge/discharge through it.
I don’t know for certain but I would be *absolutely shocked* if it didn’t have a configurable amperage setting. That would mean far, far fewer people would be able to buy it.

I don’t know for certain but I would be *absolutely shocked* if it didn’t have a configurable amperage setting. That would mean far, far fewer people would be able to buy it.
Me too, but I was wondering if some settings limitation came with its bidirectional capability. I imagine that in a V2H situation, the EVSE signals the Wunderbox how much AC current is safe to supply. Haven't read the J1772 bidirectional specs to verify that's how it works.

Back