Lucid value: EV now or wait?

Psymac

Now driving an MB 2021 GLS450 almost fully optioned which I purchased for about 91K. Have a deposit on the AGT, as well as the new 2023 Range Rover, as I’m trying to decide is it time to go EV now or perhaps wait 2 or 3 years. Have driven both the Lucid AGT, MB EQS, and Tesla X (not refresh).

As for value, not sure the 40K premium for the Lucid AGT (after tax credit about 132K vs 91K and certainly not the 30K for the Tesla with its Honda like interior) is worth it for me, given the luxury and options I've come to expect with the GLS (which leaves out the Lucid AT at about 92K with its limited options).

Was hoping the Lucid Gravity would be the best replacement for the GLS, as I’m partial to SUV ride height and 6/7 seat option. However, now not so sure, as I’m guessing the price point for a fully optioned Gravity is going to be about 130K or more, putting it nearly the same I’m also assuming for the EQS SUV (and as well the ICE RR). Maybe the Rivian R1S at about 87K might be a consideration? Or Lucid in the future will allow for more options added to the base model as I don’t really need 0-60 in 3.0 seconds?

Understand all the savings in owning an EV, about 6K for me over three years, so 100K for a fully optioned EV SUV seems reasonable to me. Do certainly enjoy the speed, modernity, thrill (certainly for the Lucid), and ecological impact of driving an EV. Just not sure for me the time and relative expense is right at this point.

Now driving an MB 2021 GLS450 almost fully optioned which I purchased for about 91K. Have a deposit on the AGT, as well as the new 2023 Range Rover, as I’m trying to decide is it time to go EV now or perhaps wait 2 or 3 years. Have driven both the Lucid AGT, MB EQS, and Tesla X (not refresh).

As for value, not sure the 40K premium for the Lucid AGT (after tax credit about 132K vs 91K and certainly not the 30K for the Tesla with its Honda like interior) is worth it for me, given the luxury and options I've come to expect with the GLS (which leaves out the Lucid AT at about 92K with its limited options).

Was hoping the Lucid Gravity would be the best replacement for the GLS, as I’m partial to SUV ride height and 6/7 seat option. However, now not so sure, as I’m guessing the price point for a fully optioned Gravity is going to be about 130K or more, putting it nearly the same I’m also assuming for the EQS SUV (and as well the ICE RR). Maybe the Rivian R1S at about 87K might be a consideration? Or Lucid in the future will allow for more options added to the base model as I don’t really need 0-60 in 3.0 seconds?

Understand all the savings in owning an EV, about 6K for me over three years, so 100K for a fully optioned EV SUV seems reasonable to me. Do certainly enjoy the speed, modernity, thrill (certainly for the Lucid), and ecological impact of driving an EV. Just not sure for me the time and relative expense is right at this point.
Sounds to me from your post you already have your answer...

If I were to do it today, I would want a Lucid or a Tesla (which I don't want) for the range. My concern is that aside from Tesla superchargers, the current list of fast chargers is very slim...at least my way. Lucid's extreme range makes me more comfortable about not having a lot of chargers. Otherwise, I would wait (this is a primary reason I reserved a Pure...I think it will be late 2023 or 2024 before Lucid startrs shipping Pures.

The Lucid Air would be one of the best cars in the world if they solve some basic functionality issues. Lucid has the best EV drivetrain. For me, the items that detract from the experience are “basic” in nature and things that are better in almost any car produced by any legacy car manufacturer. I question if they have the right person addressing these issues. As soon as someone from the drivetrain team is in charge, perhaps they will fix quickly.

Back