Lucid Store is officially open

Lol, but it's sustainable. Is it one of those things you drape over a couch to look good but never use?
The blanket is pretty, but so very very uncomfortable.

I’ve also gotten like 5 hats…

Models and merch like this make me feel like maybe I'm not the Lucid demographic, though I do act the douchebag at times.

Also, does Lucid advertising remind anyone of the early Infiniti commercials (except that Lucid shows you the car)?

"The feeling is calming, comfortable.
There's some inner sense of satisfaction.
It's like holding a well-made perfectly balanced tool.
The joy is feeling connected to it.
That's the idea.
That's the sense of it.
That's what it feels like to drive one.
Infiniti."
HILARIOUS!!! Infiniti's extended ephemeral ads was the single most significant factor in their losing out to Lexus. Lexus eventually showed us the cars! Infiniti never did until it was too late.

@Paladin732 if you don't want your free, $300 blanket, I will gladly take it off your hands for what your paid for it. :)
I got one to sell, will only cost $180k because that's what I paid for mine!

@Paladin732 if you don't want your free, $300 blanket, I will gladly take it off your hands for what your paid for it. :)
So what swag came with the Dream cars when they were delivered besides the $300 blanket?

Attachments

• 287AD27B-1DD6-4AE5-8C5C-8E5DD0464310.jpeg
    287AD27B-1DD6-4AE5-8C5C-8E5DD0464310.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 169
  • 4865F653-BDDF-4176-9931-CEA76D308A4A.jpeg
    4865F653-BDDF-4176-9931-CEA76D308A4A.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 175
Curious to see what kind of stuff won't be in the Grand Tourings (ie. sharpener)

Looks like. It'll run about $80 for the kit and $179,920 for the case it comes in.

I really want to buy the dog dish ($45) just to see how much it'll piss off my wife. Plus, my dog is sad that she has to ride in a Subaru. Having "Lucid" laser engraved on her bowl will really make her day.

View attachment 933
Haha

Looks like. It'll run about $80 for the kit and $179,920 for the case it comes in.

I really want to buy the dog dish ($45) just to see how much it'll piss off my wife. Plus, my dog is sad that she has to ride in a Subaru. Having "Lucid" laser engraved on her bowl will really make her day.

View attachment 933
I think its a Yeti dog dish

The picture took a long time to load for me and I was really looking forward to seeing a dog in Lululemon clothes and a 9forty hat drinking out of a Yeti dish. So disappointing. :)

The camp mug looks a lot like the one I got at a Rivian popup event in 2020, except black (naturally) instead of white. They should make a nice set. :)

Yes!! I literally avoided reading in depth about Lucid for months last year because of how much the Lucid marketing look and feel turned me off. I finally decided that what mattered was how well the engineering team did their job, and it looked reallly solid, so I went ahead with my reservation. I'm buying an engineering product, not a marketing product. :)

Every automaker has swag and marketing.

Even the automaker famous for having a fatwa against paid advertising and no PR department.

Every automaker has swag and marketing.

Even the automaker famous for having a fatwa against paid advertising and no PR department.
Sure. 15 years ago I plunked down a full-price deposit for a roadster from a certain other EV manufacturer (perhaps the one you are referring to :) ), and frankly one of the reasons I was comfortable doing that was somewhat irrationally their website looked professional with high-end photography and an attention to detail. And I have nothing against swag -- I like high-end swag. I've already ordered stuff from the Lucid store and will no doubt order more.

It's hard to create a brand out of nothing, and drum up enough interest and belief in the high-end aspirations for the car in order to get pre-orders etc etc. For me though, again somewhat irrationally as I've said, what I saw mid-2021 on this particular EV company site was a bridge too far, too slick. I make no claims about the effectiveness of that style of marketing other than the one that I've already made, that it delayed my investigating the car for months.

Back