Lucid start to drive time

Yea the real point is really, if it never improves will it be okay for you? For some of us, sure no problemo. For others, it's aggravation that is not needed. It's good to temper expectation for what you are purchasing. Many other users have said before that WYSIWYG so if it never gets better you only have yourself to blame!

I don't believe, and others have had info regarding this, that Lucid is happy to just leave things as is in the current state of software. Looking forward to see how things change.

Won’t be as quick as my MS yet but half the time I start driving and then think about the little things I meant to do before driving (plug in phone, type in Nav, change music on phone, etc 😊).
This is a really great point! Old dogs, new trick: we will all learn to plug in the phone, put on sunglasses etc. in the seconds we are required to wait for the car to allow us to drive it.

In my 1500+ mile trip to and around Scottsdale - lot of in/out charging - going to see Chihuly etc
I must say I NEVER noticed it. making sure the kids seat belts were on, that everybody was comfy etc. sometimes I reversed before the surround camera was ready - but heck I still remember turning around to look out the back window. It really wasn’t a problem for me.

to @hydbob ’s point - if it never gets faster, I will still be happy.

Can someone please elaborate on how much startup latency we are talking about? I didn't see any actual measurements mentioned in the thread. It's hard to be sure how much this might annoy me personally without knowing if we're talking about 5 seconds or 60 seconds. Also, where does the lag present? Do the handles not pop out? Do screens not turn on? Does the audio not start playing? Can I not engage drive/reverse?

Along a similar thread, after backing up and putting the car in drive the camera views on both screens do not go away until I hit 18 mph. This is very annoying, sometimes I don’t go over 18 until I’ve left the neighborhood. It should revert to the home screen when put in drive. Anyone else experienced this issue?

AGT 1.2.1

Along a similar thread, after backing up and putting the car in drive the camera views on both screens do not go away until I hit 18 mph. This is very annoying, sometimes I don’t go over 18 until I’ve left the neighborhood. It should revert to the home screen when put in drive. Anyone else experienced this issue?

AGT 1.2.1
You can always just X out of that. To answer martin’s question, I’d say the backup camera is immediate. The other screens might take 10 to 15 seconds after you hit the brake when entering the car. It is a non issue for me.

I bought a new production car and expect it to be different than a more experienced car producer. I am tolerant and happy with my vehicle. Taking a breath and enjoying the day in front of me is a good thing.

AGT 1.2.1
Yea, that is current behavior. You are correct it is annoying, I just exit out of it though for right now.

AGT 1.2.1
I like it this way since you can x out of it, imagine how silly it would be if correcting your parking in a spot and it took you out of the view everytime you shifted into drive?

Can someone please elaborate on how much startup latency we are talking about? I didn't see any actual measurements mentioned in the thread. It's hard to be sure how much this might annoy me personally without knowing if we're talking about 5 seconds or 60 seconds. Also, where does the lag present? Do the handles not pop out? Do screens not turn on? Does the audio not start playing? Can I not engage drive/reverse?
Might be helpful to ask exactly what timing you are looking for? Also, like I've stated before, the annoyance varies greatly with personal routine on getting started driving.

Are you someone who has everything ready to go once you open the door? Do you have to put your phone away? Are you a heathen who doesn't put on his seatbelt before driving? Do you double check mirrors, put on/take off glasses? Do you normally have a drink? Like to set music? Nav? Etc etc

AGT 1.2.1

Hit the X on either screen. I prefer that it doesn’t go away, as I need to back out of my driveway in a turn, then use the forward cameras to ensure I have space while finishing the turn the other way (I live on a hill).

Hit the X on either screen. I prefer that it doesn’t go away, as I need to back out of my driveway in a turn, then use the forward cameras to ensure I have space while finishing the turn the other way (I live on a hill).
I can see there are different views on this. Understandable how it is useful during maneuvers. How about going away at 5 mph? I doubt anyone maneuvers faster than that...

Yes, I can X it out manually, but I've never driven a car that I had to do that. Also having to X it out to get to the homelink is another annoyance - but that has it's own thread... I don't think Lucid needs to re-invent the wheel here, there has to be industry standards for these basic functions. (current car MS long range, previous S550) I'm keeping the MS for now, will see which one I choose for daily driving, i.e., which is less annoying.

From https://www.mcnallyinstitute.com/how-long-should-you-wait-after-starting-engine/#:~:text=All following starts can be,problem will clear itself up.

Is It Bad To Drive Your Car Right After Starting It?
You will actually prolong your engine’s life if you simply warm up your car right away during winter, as recommended by Popular Mechanics. Once your engine has warmed up, that will actually make things safer for the driver, not only do they drive longer but also their engine will last longer.

This ensures that lubricating oil gets to all parts of the engine, which is why you should start the engine after fastening your seat belt as early as possible.

30 seconds should be enough time for the engine to run. The only thing it takes for a 30 year old or newer car to need maintenance is its mileage. For very cold cars that have been covered with snow and ice, give it an extra couple of minutes to warm up.
70% of gas engine ware happens in the first 3 seconds after start

From https://www.mcnallyinstitute.com/how-long-should-you-wait-after-starting-engine/#:~:text=All following starts can be,problem will clear itself up.

Is It Bad To Drive Your Car Right After Starting It?
You will actually prolong your engine’s life if you simply warm up your car right away during winter, as recommended by Popular Mechanics. Once your engine has warmed up, that will actually make things safer for the driver, not only do they drive longer but also their engine will last longer.

This ensures that lubricating oil gets to all parts of the engine, which is why you should start the engine after fastening your seat belt as early as possible.

30 seconds should be enough time for the engine to run. The only thing it takes for a 30 year old or newer car to need maintenance is its mileage. For very cold cars that have been covered with snow and ice, give it an extra couple of minutes to warm up.
I had definitely never heard of this previously. I've never waited when I previously had gas cars.

Interesting (albeit, useless for me unless I get a rental :) )

I had definitely never heard of this previously. I've never waited when I previously had gas cars.

Interesting (albeit, useless for me unless I get a rental :) )
I should retract my post, but I think this advice was for older cars. According to several posters, this no longer applies to modern cars, but it's a habit I carry over from before!

I believe Lucid continues to work on a remedy for the delay so that the Air is comparable to Tesla boot times. I have had a technician at my house working on my DE twice (once for tire bulge, once for slow wake times) and he noted that the engineers are aware of owner dissatisfaction with wake and boot times and claims they are working on it. 1.2.1 has improved things somewhat, but still not comparable to Tesla, which is more instantaneous.

This is why @hydbob and I have been saying: the Air causes you to slow down and calm yourself for 10-30 seconds before driving off into the chaos of the world….
I'm calm when I get in the car and only agitated when I am waiting on it to boot. 😁 When I'm the only one in my Yukon, I'm in and driving away in about 10 seconds. CarPlay is booted and music is playing. The Lucid has been consistent at 17 seconds until you can drive and other systems are still unavailable. Many times I might look at my phone or use hand sanitizer or blow my nose and the boot time is fine. The point is, I want the car to be among the best, the best unlock instantaneously and are ready to drive nearly as fast as you can sit in the seat and buckle your belt. I still routinely go between ICE and Lucid. I find the boot time to be annoying, because it is one more item in the Lucid that is not as good. When I drive only the Lucid for a week, I find the deficiencies become less annoying over time, but as soon as I get back in a car that boots immediately, has decent back up camera/park distance, has homelink that is easy to use, has music and Nav and Phone that work so much better, then the Lucid is annoying as hell when I get back in.

I'm calm when I get in the car and only agitated when I am waiting on it to boot. 😁 When I'm the only one in my Yukon, I'm in and driving away in about 10 seconds. CarPlay is booted and music is playing. The Lucid has been consistent at 17 seconds until you can drive and other systems are still unavailable. Many times I might look at my phone or use hand sanitizer or blow my nose and the boot time is fine. The point is, I want the car to be among the best, the best unlock instantaneously and are ready to drive nearly as fast as you can sit in the seat and buckle your belt. I still routinely go between ICE and Lucid. I find the boot time to be annoying, because it is one more item in the Lucid that is not as good. When I drive only the Lucid for a week, I find the deficiencies become less annoying over time, but as soon as I get back in a car that boots immediately, has decent back up camera/park distance, has homelink that is easy to use, has music and Nav and Phone that work so much better, then the Lucid is annoying as hell when I get back in.
Lol, I am the exact opposite. I swap between the Air and my Honda Odyssey and I absolutely hate being in the Odyssey now comparatively.

Lol, I am the exact opposite. I swap between the Air and my Honda Odyssey and I absolutely hate being in the Odyssey now comparatively.
Well, maybe if I was getting in a mini van..... My driving expectation for the Yukon is so different, I don't expect it to accelerate or handle like the Air. The Air is hands down much better at any driving performance metric, however, for all the in car controls and systems, the Yukon is better at pretty much everything else.

Many years ago when we had an Odyssey, I actually thought it was a great vehicle when we had kids in car seats.

Many years ago when we had an Odyssey, I actually thought it was a great vehicle when we had kids in car seats.
Oh yea it's the best kid mover you can buy. Part of the reason I can't wait foe the Gravity now that my kids are older and I don't need 3 car seats. Hopefully the Gravity is similar in ride comfort and handling to the Air

Back