Lucid Sanctuaries

Whenever I go to Rivian or Tesla service center, unfortunate that’s what their staff talk about. They never rode Air before, but just spread the social media reviewers’ opinions of Air software is deficient and buggy to many customers were shopping between Lucid/Rivian/Tesla. I have to defend some cases of accusation as an Air owner while providing persuasive objectivity. But as you said, company’s execution with UX1.0 already baked into general perception as 140k+ EV with buggy software. You know first impression is the most important. Lucid is still shaking off this image of last year’s perception.
True. Importantly, Lucid also knows that it's still shaking off that image, and is well aware they cannot make that same mistake twice. :)

Wow I'm really surprised. Must be some serious computer module changes. I hope the new codebase for the Gravity and the next two vehicles in the Lucid line up! Perhaps we will get a few of the improvements. So much for my excitement about the full UX in Gravity trickling down to the Air :/ Now I'm more tempted by the Gravity haha.

I don’t think it will be able to fully trick down if codes are developed in different stacks. But it will definitely replicate and recoded for Air to not making Air owners feel ignored and outdated.

In the end, the UI/UX generally still have to be consist in design language and operation. In Tesla’s case, I personally prefer Model-X screen layout with instrument cluster visualization and mini map than M3 and MY just center console provides all the info. That aspect is definitely on separate software teams. Sort of like possibly with Lucid Air and Gravity situation.

In Rivian’s case, R1T and R1S share all same screen hardware, despite some truck and SUV other features differences, I find sharing common screen functionality make software more scalable to different models and cost efficiency management.

No comment, but I'll say the goal is to be future-proof, for a while. Keep in mind the Air used a chip from 2015, despite first deliveries coming in 2020; a lot had changed between 2015 and 2020. Gravity is unreleased but Lucid has learned from its mistakes, and Gravity won't be launching with a multi-year-old chip.

I didn't know the chip in the Air was from 2015! That certainly makes sense as to why they would've beyond that chip and why it would require a different code stack. Clearly it's the best move for Lucid even if it requires separate dev paths for software. Thanks for the insight.

Back