Lucid Public Charging Tracker

I decided to minimize the time at the charger for the local charging. Knowing that at 55%, the rate of charge starts dropping, I pre conditioned and went at 2:45pm at the warmest time of the day at 9% Soc on Pure AWD and in 32 minutes, I got to 70%. I stopped charging at 70% 82kW.
1680563334193.png

Note that the best is bold black and the worst is Red. Given the charge curve, you can expect 2kWh per min or better only if you pre condition and charge from 10 to 20% to about 70 to 80% regardless of 150kW or 350kW EA. I would charge max to 90% at a DC Fast charger but not 100%. I would charge to 100% only at home before a trip.
1681781801389.png

Last edited:
I'm slightly confused by the existence of two very similar threads - this one we're on now, and this other one ... and should I be filling the google form on the other thread, or sending screenshots to @HariK? Or both?

I'm slightly confused by the existence of two very similar threads - this one we're on now, and this other one ... and should I be filling the google form on the other thread, or sending screenshots to @HariK? Or both?
I just put the link in 2 different places
The spreadsheet/survey is the same and @HariK has some external data points he's plotting as well.

Note that the best is bold black and the worst is Red. Given the charge curve, you can expect 2kWh per min or better only if you pre condition and charge from 10 to 20% to about 70 to 80% regardless of 150kW or 350kW EA. I would charge max to 90% at a DC Fast charger but not 100%. I would charge to 100% only at home before a trip.
View attachment 11591
I confess I am confused about what to expect from a 350KW charger vs a 150KW charger in the real world (vs theoretical) for a SOC from 5-50. It doesn't seem to make much difference on the data above? Should we ever expect to get 200+ KW on a 350KW charger, even if we start with SOC of 10%?

I confess I am confused about what to expect from a 350KW charger vs a 150KW charger in the real world (vs theoretical) for a SOC from 5-50. It doesn't seem to make much difference on the data above? Should we ever expect to get 200+ KW on a 350KW charger, even if we start with SOC of 10%?
The charge curve of 350kW charger says that it should charge faster up to 45% SoC and then there is no difference vs 150kW. For now, we are not seeing the 350kW chargers hit the peak according to the curve. 5% is too low. I am sticking with 10 to 15% on the low end and stopping at about 60 or 70% when I see the charge rate drop to 90kW.

The charge curve of 350kW charger says that it should charge faster up to 45% SoC and then there is no difference vs 150kW. For now, we are not seeing the 350kW chargers hit the peak according to the curve. 5% is too low. I am sticking with 10 to 15% on the low end and stopping at about 60 or 70% when I see the charge rate drop to 90kW.
1682865314816.png

Excellent. That is how your 350kW charge is supposed to start at 13% SoC and you probably saw it taper down to 130 at 45% and 100 or so at 70% and perhaps 60 at 80%. If possible can you post the charge summary here from the Lucid App and the ambient temperature and the final SoC? Attached is the data I have so far.
1682870011343.png

Excellent. That is how your 350kW charge is supposed to start at 13% SoC and you probably saw it taper down to 130 at 45% and 100 or so at 70% and perhaps 60 at 80%. If possible can you post the charge summary here from the Lucid App and the ambient temperature and the final SoC? Attached is the data I have so far.
View attachment 11913
Sorry, I walked away and had lunch after it started.

Sorry, I walked away and had lunch after it started.
You will still see the summary in the app. If you charged to 100%, you will see that your average is below the average I collected in Kwh per min of charge.

I am manually entering data from the EA charge summary snapshot and stsrt and end soc and ambient temperature.

Just added data from my first attempt at a 350kWh EA charger. TLDR: I was pleasantly surprised.

You can bookmark and see charge curves since 2.0.66 vs earlier and rhe charging data. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...7Iy8s8M8CG/pubhtml?gid=1086861065&single=true

Thank you for this. Thankfully, I’ve used DC Fast Charging only maybe, a dozen times since I began ownership in October 2022. I’ve rarely driven the car down to a state of charge below 20%, I just don’t like to do that. And I’ve NEVER brought the car to an EA DCFC at a charge state lower than 20%. What this graph tells me is that I’ll never see these supah-dupah high charging speeds, since they come very low in battery charge level.

I know work has gone into the spreadsheet, but PlugShare is a known crowd sourced platform for station reliability. Charging curve information proves useful though to track improvements over time.

I know work has gone into the spreadsheet, but PlugShare is a known crowd sourced platform for station reliability. Charging curve information proves useful though to track improvements over time.
Yes. My entire idea is to understand the charge curves and get the max kWh/min as well as report specific problems to EA. I will report issues at Plugshare as I see.

Yes. My entire idea is to understand the charge curves and get the max kWh/min as well as report specific problems to EA. I will report issues at Plugshare as I see.
Am I understanding correctly that you are plotting the numbers manually as the car charges?

Am I understanding correctly that you are plotting the numbers manually as the car charges?
I am doing screenshots at 5% intervals from the Lucid App and entering the data in a table. The graph is copy, paste and change the range and title. I don't plan to do this for ebery charge session. I am doing it to get a relative comparison before 2.0.66 and now and to identify if the problem is more with Lucid or EA. Now I think Lucid did enough. EA is delivering about 30% less than the max. If you call them they only say that the delivery "up to certain max". Unless EVgo does better than EA, there is a monopoly right now for CCS DCFC. So, I will do the curves at some 350 EVgo perhaps 10% to 50% to compare.

I wonder if at some point Lucid will open up access to some kind of API … with each of my previous EVs I’ve run “TeslaMate” to track various metrics, including comprehensive charge data.

It’s not necessary but it’s a fun and informative tool, and would make this kind of exercise much much easier.

Back