Verified Owner
Supporting Member
Cars
Dream P
DE Number
Referral Code
R0YBCKIJ
Hi everyone,

We all know the state of charging is hit or miss depending on your region, weather, and Astral alignment. Please take the time to fill out the following form with your successful/unsuccessful charging adventures. The hope is we can crowd source the most reliable chargers unique to our cars. Thank you in advance!

and here is the spreadsheet for tracking

This is good work. Perhaps make it a sticky thread to increase visibility here.

Lucid themselves should strongly consider adding this information in the Lucid app.

It would be great to see the last time a charging station was successfully used by a Lucid owner, and what the actual charging rate was, directly in the Lucid app. It wouldn't take much to add; the charging stations are already there. How about it Lucid? In general, crowd sourced information like this increases the value of your vehicles at very little cost to the company.

Given the charging success/failure information based on the charger manufacturer, maybe Lucid has access to and can display the charger manufacturer in the Lucid app. Is this addition possible Lucid?

This is a good start using crowd sourced information for all our benefit, @hydbob . Thanks.

This is good work. Perhaps make it a sticky thread to increase visibility here.

Lucid themselves should strongly consider adding this information in the Lucid app.

It would be great to see the last time a charging station was successfully used by a Lucid owner, and what the actual charging rate was, directly in the Lucid app. It wouldn't take much to add; the charging stations are already there. How about it Lucid? In general, crowd sourced information like this increases the value of your vehicles at very little cost to the company.

Given the charging success/failure information based on the charger manufacturer, maybe Lucid has access to and can display the charger manufacturer in the Lucid app. Is this addition possible Lucid?

This is a good start using crowd sourced information for all our benefit, @hydbob . Thanks.
But it is stickied..😁

I tried but it was too difficult to populate did not accept correct answer. If someone wants to try and populate the form for me here is my experience: Plymouth Meeting Mall, Plymouth Meeting, PA. EA 150 chargers = 4 ( and two wimpy ones). All of them work flawlessly on my Lucid, not so much on Kia, Porsche, and Audi. I've been there 4 times and they always works flawlessly (for me), just plug in and press "continue" and go walk around in Whole Foods. Nobody seems to know where it is. This was Jan & Feb.

I added 2 entries. Just a suggestion. I copied and pasted the address from Google maps. I deleted City, state Zip and then I had to enter zip code etc. I suggest that you have just 1 field for the address. Also allow users to enter the station ID. It is a name and not a number for EVgo. I added SoC in the comments but I think it is useful to have the SoC at the start and the finish as a minimum.

Lucky for me I took pictures of every charge screen. I have only used EA stations. I spent last night documenting all my charges. Next job is to populate the data base with the Information. Fun stuff. Odd how we all like doing this documentation and analysis.

I feel like lots of others are doing the same kind of project. It would be nice to be able to consolidate all the data together.

I feel like lots of others are doing the same kind of project. It would be nice to be able to consolidate all the data together.
There are other projects ongoing, but not exclusively for Lucid. If you know of one, please link it here.

For those up in Vancouver, Canada, I charged 3x on 3 separate occasions at 2 different Chevron stations (one in North Van and one in Burnaby). They advertise as 150 kw rating, one station with two plugs so 75 kw if both are going at once. I only got 48 kw, 46 kw, and 43 kw, so I stopped charging after 10 minutes. On one of the occasions there was a bolt charging at 17 kw and another there was a bz4x charging at less than 75 kw (can't remember what his was). My service advisor did some research and said that the Chevron stations are providing less than 900v so the Lucid goes into safe mode(?) and limits the charging to < 150 kw. SOC when I visited the stations all 3x were <30%.

For those up in Vancouver, Canada, I charged 3x on 3 separate occasions at 2 different Chevron stations (one in North Van and one in Burnaby). They advertise as 150 kw rating, one station with two plugs so 75 kw if both are going at once. I only got 48 kw, 46 kw, and 43 kw, so I stopped charging after 10 minutes. On one of the occasions there was a bolt charging at 17 kw and another there was a bz4x charging at less than 75 kw (can't remember what his was). My service advisor did some research and said that the Chevron stations are providing less than 900v so the Lucid goes into safe mode(?) and limits the charging to < 150 kw. SOC when I visited the stations all 3x were <30%.
IIRC, if the charger can't provide 900v, the transformer in the wunderbox converts it to 900v but it's limited to 50kw.

Yes that's whst the service rep said, limited to 50kw. Kind of bummer if I actually had to pay per minute. It's free for all users of the Chevron app unil end of May.

Hi everyone,

We all know the state of charging is hit or miss depending on your region, weather, and Astral alignment. Please take the time to fill out the following form with your successful/unsuccessful charging adventures. The hope is we can crowd source the most reliable chargers unique to our cars. Thank you in advance!

and here is the spreadsheet for tracking

Is there a way to correct the data in the form?

Is there a way to correct the data in the form?
"If people change their mind or forget to include something, they can update their responses for accuracy."

"If people change their mind or forget to include something, they can update their responses for accuracy."
Done!

This is a great initiative - thanks for doing it. Hopefully the number of positive responses will mitigate my concerns about leaving the snuggly confines of the Tesla charging ecosystem :D

Quick suggestion: could the spreadsheet incorporate clickable google maps links? Would then make it super easy to navigate to a particular charger.

I see that the last entry in this tracker was on 3/14. I can suggest another way I can track in my spreadsheet depending how many people are interested. What I will need is a screenshot of EA charge summary on your Lucid App, Start SoC, End Soc, Ambient Temp and Car model DE, DEP, GT, T, PAWD See attached snapshot and my summary. I am only tracking EA with the idea of reporting this to EA and Lucid to help in debug.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-03-22 9.28.00 AM.png
    Screenshot 2023-03-22 9.28.00 AM.png
    101.9 KB · Views: 89
  • Screenshot_20230322_092424_Lucid.jpg
    Screenshot_20230322_092424_Lucid.jpg
    289 KB · Views: 97
lucid-air-dc-fast-charge-comparison.jpg
Interesting. The charging curve for 150kW is identical to that of 350kW from 45%. So, we only have an advantage at 350kW till 45%.

lucid-air-dc-fast-charge-comparison.jpg
Interesting. The charging curve for 150kW is identical to that of 350kW from 45%. So, we only have an advantage at 350kW till 45%.
Yeah except that assumes we can actually get those rates of charge which is becoming much more hit and miss.

Yeah except that assumes we can actually get those rates of charge which is becoming much more hit and miss.
Yes. I will be gathering more data to send to Lucid and EA.
image.png

Back