Verified Owner
Supporting Member
Cars
Dream P
DE Number
Referral Code
R0YBCKIJ
Hi everyone,

We all know the state of charging is hit or miss depending on your region, weather, and Astral alignment. Please take the time to fill out the following form with your successful/unsuccessful charging adventures. The hope is we can crowd source the most reliable chargers unique to our cars. Thank you in advance!

And here's the spreadsheet with the tracking info

This is good. Tried first time and worked on second attempt. I specifically went and saw the the chargers were signet. I updated the form

Good start. One of them is questionable 50kwh in 10 min.

Just picked up the Air
Is there any set up for newbie like me and prepare to use public charge?
I assume EA charge station is Plug and charges for Lucid Air, no set up and pay, Do i have to use EA mobile app ?
Thanks for advice

Just picked up the Air
I assume EA charge station is Plug and charges for Lucid Air, no set up and pay, Do i have to use EA mobile app ?
Thanks for advice
It SHOULD be setup for you already. Do not need to use the EA App. If plugging in and charging doesn't work and asks you to select a station, it is done through the Lucid app.

Just picked up the Air
Thanks for advice
I use "Plug Share" app to locate chargers and "charge point" app for charging at their chargers. There are others as well. Between, EA, Chargepoint, and plug share, I've made a number of road trips. Hope you are enjoying your Lucid.

Wow ,that's easy.
Thanks
I'm sure you've already installed the Lucid app on your phone; this part is pretty important for your convenience.
And I assume your new car has the latest software loaded, which as I write is 2.0.56 for most Touring and Pure trims. 2.0.56 addresses some Plug-n-Charge issues that some cars have experienced.
Connect your car to the EA charging station, and if PnC is working, you'll see charging begin within a minute. The charging station may ask you to press a "Continue" button, but if you ignore it charging should start after a short timeout.
If instead you get a message suggesting you authenticate, then with your Lucid app on your phone, select the charging icon. An ElectrifyAmerica button should appear. Press it, and it asks you to verify the charging station id, which appears on the charging unit display and is also printed on the station itself. Find the matching station id on your phone and press it. And now we're back to the charging station asking you to press Continue.

If none of this works, we're virtually back to the ice ages but not quite. Unplug the car, wait a second, plug back in. Go back to the beginning instructions and start again.
But if after a couple of times this isn't working, you're at a point just before the ice ages and need to call EA's support line, which should be listed on the charging station.

I was prepared for an ordeal after reading all the posts about EA. My local EA 150 is under 6 mi from home ( I have LCHCS = "Betty Boop").
First attempt I plugged in, waited a few secs for the screen on the charger to say "connected to vehicle", pressed CONTINUE, and began receiving ~ 120+ kWh . Every time since it's been flawless connecting (don't even have the app.), although I generally don't get that much flow (it's winter here, and I forget to warm-up the batteries, and because I am so close I go there to top-off when my SOC is still pretty high). There has always been a stall empty for me ... often I am the only EV there. Don't tell anyone.

It's not a flawless EV charging experience... I was there when a Porsche owner way yelling at EV (in German accent = lol), and at the same time a KIA owner was crying to the F150 owner next to her about no-go. I walked over to Whole Foods across the lot (watching charge progress on Lucid phone app), did some grocery shopping, and walking back I could see all three vehicles still there....Porsche owner marching around and stomping, KIA owner inconsolable, F150 owner with arms raised. Kinda got some dirty looks as I unplugged and drove off.

If this place is representative of EA experiences = I'd download the app and be prepared for problems with EA.

I love this car. It just keeps getting better.

I was prepared for an ordeal after reading all the posts about EA. My local EA 150 is under 6 mi from home ( I have LCHCS = "Betty Boop").
First attempt I plugged in, waited a few secs for the screen on the charger to say "connected to vehicle", pressed CONTINUE, and began receiving ~ 120+ kWh . Every time since it's been flawless connecting (don't even have the app.), although I generally don't get that much flow (it's winter here, and I forget to warm-up the batteries, and because I am so close I go there to top-off when my SOC is still pretty high). There has always been a stall empty for me ... often I am the only EV there. Don't tell anyone.

It's not a flawless EV charging experience... I was there when a Porsche owner way yelling at EV (in German accent = lol), and at the same time a KIA owner was crying to the F150 owner next to her about no-go. I walked over to Whole Foods across the lot (watching charge progress on Lucid phone app), did some grocery shopping, and walking back I could see all three vehicles still there....Porsche owner marching around and stomping, KIA owner inconsolable, F150 owner with arms raised. Kinda got some dirty looks as I unplugged and drove off.

If this place is representative of EA experiences = I'd download the app and be prepared for problems with EA.

I love this car. It just keeps getting better.
Funny, I got to do a bit of humble bragging when I was in upstate NY at an EA and an Ioniq and Mach E were waiting for me to finish as only 1 of 4 stalls was working. I unplugged at 70% SOC because I had enough to get me back home even though I was driving further than the other drivers who both said they going to Massachussets, and I said “yeah I don’t need a full charge, the car has enough range to make it, you can take my spot”.

Folks, I tried to summarize the data entered by all in the tracker. I posted it under the charging thread. When I had problem with Air Pure not at all charging PnC what I think helped was
providing specific info of the station ID where AGT charged and Pure did not. I think when we charge at EA, the Lucid App charging history has most of the info we need.
150KW or 350KW Station ID, kWh received, date, address. All we need to add is starting and ending Soc and the Ambient temperature. The only metric which really matters to us is
how much time we spent charging and how many kWh we received. From the station ID, EA and/or Lucid know the Make and model of the charger. From the kWh received and the time it is a simple math to calculate kWh/min and average KW during the charge. When you enter data, it helps if you enter whole numbers for peak kW and minutes, nn.d for kWh. I think we can focus on just EA and EVgo for now. If you had a failed charging session, best to post your comments in the tracker thread.

Any comments or suggestions?

Just added a few entries from my first couple of drives :)

Back