Lucid production

Bill B

Verified Owner
Cars
Lucid Air Grand Touring
Ok here is my thought. Lucid has said they would let us know when our cars have begun production. I feel with Bear's Workshop having done over 52 flyovers in the past few months and giving us a ballpark number of vehicles made we would have gone beyond the first 520. With that said they would have to of built more then the initial 520 special editions. GT production people should have received some communication that their cars have started the production process. With the first deliveries done on Oct. 30 and here we are 80 days later with no updates !! That's way less then 10 cars a day being produced!
So my thought is that they are not telling us when our cars have really begun production or they are moving cars around making it look like they have produced more then they actually have. Two things are for sure, they have not delivered the promised amount of cars by the end of 2021 and no one that ordered the GT has received their VIN # stating that the car has begun production. The number of cars on the Casa Grande lot would say that they have produced more than the first 520.

Just a thought after a glass or 2 of red wine;)
I wish Lucid was more concerned for the customer experience and communication.

The lack of communication is pretty bad. It’s not how a company trying to establish a luxury brand should be acting. It allows people / news outlets to make assumptions and Lucid appears to be doing nothing to control the narrative.

“no comment” will only get you so far in a very competitive EV space this year.

Ok here is my thought. Lucid has said they would let us know when our cars have begun production. I feel with Bear's Workshop having done over 52 flyovers in the past few months and giving us a ballpark number of vehicles made we would have gone beyond the first 520. With that said they would have to of built more then the initial 520 special editions. GT production people should have received some communication that their cars have started the production process. With the first deliveries done on Oct. 30 and here we are 80 days later with no updates !! That's way less then 10 cars a day being produced!
So my thought is that they are not telling us when our cars have really begun production or they are moving cars around making it look like they have produced more then they actually have. Two things are for sure, they have not delivered the promised amount of cars by the end of 2021 and no one that ordered the GT has received their VIN # stating that the car has begun production. The number of cars on the Casa Grande lot would say that they have produced more than the first 520.

Just a thought after a glass or 2 of red wine;)
I wish Lucid was more concerned for the customer experience and communication.
I was told today during my test drive that GT production will start “soon”. I have no idea about cars in parking lot but someone’s observation that perhaps they are there, wrapped and all, waiting for the fit and finish parts may make the most sense

As far as I know the missing "fit and finish" part has yet be officially identified.

Production ramps aren't linear but follow more of a sigmoidal pattern. Lucid's going to be on the slow part of the curve for a while until all the production issues are resolved. Even then, supply issues will probably flatten the slope of the ramp-up curve. At some point when normalcy is restored, they'll be able to produce at capacity. Until then, it'll be slow going and likely slower than Lucid ever anticipated.

Lucid's intention was to complete 577 cars in 2021. Clearly this goal wasn't achieved, but the 577 cars could be partially produced and just waiting for the final parts to be incorporated. Or there could be a hiccup in the line that has caused a severe bottleneck or back-up with hundreds of cars sitting inside AMP-1 waiting for the issue to be solved. Unless you have x-ray vision and can see under the wraps in the parking lot or into AMP-1 itself, you won't be able to tell.

On the bright side, I wouldn't be surprised if production on parts for the GT have already started, but they're just stockpiling partially completed parts (e.g., body panels, drivetrain, etc.) until they're ready to run through the line.

With all the software problems current owners are experiencing, I'm happy to wait and to ponder the wise words of John Carmack, creator of Doom, who, when asked when the game would be released, would only say, "It'll be done when it's done."

I'm guessing by the number of vehicles delivered on here and a friend of a friend that received his recently they have delivered less then 200 DE. It's purely a guess going off the DE #'s.
All these delays are to be expected! Hopefully when my number comes up they have worked out these software problems.

I'm guessing by the number of vehicles delivered on here and a friend of a friend that received his recently they have delivered less then 200 DE. It's purely a guess going off the DE #'s.
All these delays are to be expected! Hopefully when my number comes up they have worked out these software problems.

I'm tipping between 200 to 250 at this point. Someone posted a pic of #235 taking delivery today. Bears Workshop is doing another flyover today so will be interesting to see how many are still on the lot.

As far as I know the missing "fit and finish" part has yet be officially identified.

I asked my high level contact as well as a PM there, and details were very unspecific. It’s not the canopy or the door handles (my two guesses), but that’s all we know.

I don't understand the obsession with so many trying to figure out how many cars were sold. I think 50% of the posts on this forum center around that question. If you knew the precise number, what would that change? Would it result in you cancelling your order? Would it result in you placing an order? I don't get it.

I agree. I would much rather know what hasn't been included, what doesn't work, what needs fixed, what is annoying and when is all that being fixed/remedied.

I am interested in numbers only to the extent that they drive improvements. More cars delivered = more product testing = more faults/inconsistencies noted = more pressure to get things right which, hopefully, equates to me getting a more sorted Grand Touring.

The obsession seems to be largely from Lucid investors and others interested in the fiscal health of the company. Sure, they may one day plan to buy one of the cars, but I don't get the impression that ownership is their primary concern. I think more and more people are discovering this is the forum that provides the most in depth insight into Lucid production, and day-to-day thoughts from actual owners. It's attracting all sorts as a result.

I don't understand the obsession with so many trying to figure out how many cars were sold. I think 50% of the posts on this forum center around that question. If you knew the precise number, what would that change? Would it result in you cancelling your order? Would it result in you placing an order? I don't get it.
Exactly.

The obsession seems to be largely from Lucid investors and others interested in the fiscal health of the company. Sure, they may one day plan to buy one of the cars, but I don't get the impression that ownership is their primary concern. I think more and more people are discovering this is the forum that provides the most in depth insight into Lucid production, and day-to-day thoughts from actual owners. It's attracting all sorts as a result.
paging Blueice...

I'm tipping between 200 to 250 at this point. Someone posted a pic of #235 taking delivery today. Bears Workshop is doing another flyover today so will be interesting to see how many are still on the lot.
I think it's #230

I think some people are excited like my self to get their cars and like to know how close they are in line. Also with the excitement its fun to read as much as you can and watch videos

I am interested in the numbers because I want an idea of when I can expect my GT. Its fun to watch. If investors are looking at it, 2022 outlook is much more important that Q4 numbers.

I am interested in the numbers because I want an idea of when I can expect my GT. Its fun to watch. If investors are looking at it, 2022 outlook is much more important that Q4 numbers.

I'm looking for the reservation total update.

Yeah, I’m looking at the delivery numbers so I can gauge when my AGT will hit my driveway. Dreams being delayed by weeks just means it pushes all the other orders further down the line.

Here is the latest from Bear's Workshop:

"Here is today's car count from Lucid. 113 total cars. At least 35 cars were shipped out and 33 new were produced since our last visit. We think there were a lot more that we just didn't see."
1642635911623.png

Back