Lucid Production Video

I feel the same about gasoline and range and so am willing to make some accommodative compromises with the Air and with Lucid as a company. I doubt the 2023 e-tron will go much further than about 300 miles. My guess as a career electrical engineer is that getting to a usable 500 mile freeway range will require the next advance in battery chemistry, a step change, to see production. This has been years away from reality for a decade or so. Here it is again - coming just six years from now: https://www.engadget.com/nissan-solid-state-battery-ev-release-date-182025167.html
The 500 mile to 1000 km EPA range has always been my target (that would mean one charge sometime during the day on a trip at a charging station without a wait). Usable range is always some divider of the EPA range. Was not asking for 500 miles of usable range. Anyways, the comment that started this conversation was that if one is not satisfied with the Lucid customer service, etc. then there were alternate choices. I was just saying for now, for me, there are no other options as my first requirement is range and the Lucid is the only car either currently on the market or in the design stages that gets me there. I’m sure I’ll love the car whenever it finally arrives.

You could get 500 miles of range, just drive 70mph on a flat surface in 60-70 degree weather. Come on guys!

The 500 mile to 1000 km EPA range has always been my target (that would mean one charge sometime during the day on a trip at a charging station without a wait). Usable range is always some divider of the EPA range. Was not asking for 500 miles of usable range. Anyways, the comment that started this conversation was that if one is not satisfied with the Lucid customer service, etc. then there were alternate choices. I was just saying for now, for me, there are no other options as my first requirement is range and the Lucid is the only car either currently on the market or in the design stages that gets me there. I’m sure I’ll love the car whenever it finally arrives.
You could always spring for the Aptera, which will have up to 1000 miles of range:
SmartSelect_20220408-225545_Chrome.jpg

You could get 500 miles of range, just drive 70mph on a flat surface in 60-70 degree weather. Come on guys!
Easy to do in Florida where I’m at. Well OK, at least the flat and weather part is easy.

You could always spring for the Aptera, which will have up to 1000 miles of range:
View attachment 1471
I was intrigued and have really looked at it until…… it has the STUPID YOKE STEERING WHEEL. that killed it for me. But otherwise would have been interested.

I would hate to get in a collision in that automobile. I have a 1956 Messerschmitt and it is fun to drive and would make a great casket after a modest wreck….😊

Attachments

• A7ECCA85-E42F-40E5-A0FC-9853CFA90E5E.jpeg
    A7ECCA85-E42F-40E5-A0FC-9853CFA90E5E.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 105
Ok, that is awesome. I was just at a car show today at the Charlotte Motor Speedway and saw quite a few of these “mini cars”. Have you ever been to the museum in Nashville that showcases cars such as these?

No, Never been there. There are two Messerschmitt Clubs, one in England and one in Germany, that go on tours all over Europe. Amazing to think of driving many hundreds of miles with a 9HP engine. One company in Germany and one in South America with kits to convert to all electric.

Here is the link, nice little museum.

Back