Lucid Production Video

Blue? LOL. 🤣😂

They can’t even do grey and silver yet. They only have three options - black white and red. And no, Lucid Fanboys, it is not “supply chain issues that all the manufactures have.” It is the production hell that Elon said would happen. Would love to have a conversation with Leslie Williams on the issues they are having in the paint shop.

Love the car, the range, comfort, style, charging speed… but I will call them out on deficiencies.

Blue? LOL. 🤣😂

They can’t even do grey and silver yet. They only have three options - black white and red. And no, Lucid Fanboys, it is not “supply chain issues that all the manufactures have.” It is the production hell that Elon said would happen. Would love to have a conversation with Leslie Williams on the issues they are having in the paint shop.

Love the car, the range, comfort, style, charging speed… but I will call them out on deficiencies.
Yes, I think it's because they need to build out more the paint area.

Yes, I think it's because they need to build out more the paint area.
That will help throughput as they won’t have to change over the paint shop when they change colors. Right now they color batch in a big way. if they had an expanded paint shop now, they could continue to produce their three colors while simultaneously work out the kinks with grey and silver. Currently they are having to figure out the Grey ’harmony’ issues while keeping the line running on the other colors. That bottlenecks them. Expect that once they finally *fix* the Grey, one will see a bolus of Grey cars while the other colors wait for the paint shot to flip over again. It will continue to be a rate limiting step for Lucid until the expanded paint shop is complete. it is the lack of an expanded paint shop that is likely why silver has been delayed at least until Q3. They don’t have the ability to troubleshoot with one paint line.

Unreal, in Miami the showroom has silver. What did they do, use a spray can? Should not sell the customer something they can’t deliver. I reserved my silver March 2021.

Unreal, in Miami the showroom has silver. What did they do, use a spray can? Should not sell the customer something they can’t deliver. I reserved my silver March 2021.
Probably a pre-production car as was the Grey one in San Diego before it was replaced by a real one. The pre-production cars were all done by hand and not through the factory, so the ”spray can,“ while not really how it was painted, is not far off.

Screen Shot 2022-04-07 at 2.24.39 PM.png

Interesting wheel

Is that the source of the video or copied from somewhere else...
Yes. Most of the footage was recorded in early 2021 (before the first car was delivered).

They used to have a pre-production Grey one, with Tahoe interior, in Miami. So, I guess they've switched it out for a pre-production Silver one? If they offer test drives in Miami now, does anyone know what car it is? Thanks.

Blue? LOL. 🤣😂

The vitriol is unnecessary. You’re making assumptions, and I don’t take kindly to being called a “fanboy.” I criticize Lucid where they deserve it; in pre-delivery communications, for example, they really need to step it up. I was extremely annoyed before the purchase and pre-delivery comms haven’t gotten materially better.

But the assumption of idiocy is just that: an assumption, and based on your frustration rather than some sort of “inside knowledge.”

It being supply chain issues is equally as likely, at least, as idiocy. I would argue idiocy is less likely, but since both cases are based on assumptions and speculation, they are *at least* equally likely.

It’s fine to be frustrated, but please stop it with the “you’re a fanboy so nothing you say has merit” nonsense. It’s offensive and annoying, and doesn’t help move the conversation forward.

Sorry for the negativity.

Last edited:
That will help throughput as they won’t have to change over the paint shop when they change colors. Right now they color batch in a big way. if they had an expanded paint shop now, they could continue to produce their three colors while simultaneously work out the kinks with grey and silver. Currently they are having to figure out the Grey ’harmony’ issues while keeping the line running on the other colors. That bottlenecks them. Expect that once they finally *fix* the Grey, one will see a bolus of Grey cars while the other colors wait for the paint shot to flip over again. It will continue to be a rate limiting step for Lucid until the expanded paint shop is complete. it is the lack of an expanded paint shop that is likely why silver has been delayed at least until Q3. They don’t have the ability to troubleshoot with one paint line.

On this, we agree.

The vitriol is unnecessary. You’re making assumptions, and I don’t take kindly to being called a “fanboy.” I criticize Lucid where they deserve it; in pre-delivery communications, for example, they really need to step it up. I was extremely annoyed before the purchase and it hasn’t gotten materially better.

But the assumption of idiocy is just that: an assumption, and based on your frustration rather than some sort of “inside knowledge.”

It being supply chain issues is equally as likely, at least, as idiocy. I would argue idiocy is less likely, but since both cases are based on assumptions and speculation, they are *at least* equally likely.

It’s fine to be frustrated, but please stop it with the “you’re a fanboy so nothing you say has merit” nonsense. It’s offensive and annoying, and doesn’t help move the conversation forward.

I agree!! Its time to take a chill pill....

Quite sure I saw a Silver one at 11:02 and again at 11:38
We also saw them hand-painting a gold car with an HVLP gun, not a production method.

The vitriol is unnecessary. You’re making assumptions, and I don’t take kindly to being called a “fanboy.” I criticize Lucid where they deserve it; in pre-delivery communications, for example, they really need to step it up. I was extremely annoyed before the purchase and pre-delivery comms haven’t gotten materially better.

I resent the vitriol comment. That is a very strong term and pointing out factory issues does not constitute vitriol. I’m not negative on Lucid, but just relaying information on the actual issues, and that the current problems are NOT supply chain driven. My frustration is with those who insist that it is and say “everyone has supply issues”, implying that there is no culpability on Lucid’s end. Supply chain problems were with your Dream, but are they are not for the current Grey GT exterior production.

For those of you who have your cars, you are long out of the loop in terms of the production issues currently at the factory involving the Grey exterior. You are no longer communicating with your delivery advisors, but rather with the service center on any software hiccups with your delivered car. For those of us in the “production hell”, as Elon would say, we are in direct conversations with Lucid through the DAs (and higher ups) and, unless they are feeding us a bunch of lies, are gaining insight as to the reason that no Grey car has been issued a VIN to date . Anyone who insists that the problem Is supply chain driven, and not willing to accept the fact that Lucid has factory issues, is just not being objective.

I resent the vitriol comment. That is a very strong term and pointing out factory issues does not constitute vitriol. I’m not negative on Lucid, but just relaying information on the actual issues, and that the current problems are NOT supply chain driven. My frustration is with those who insist that it is and say “everyone has supply issues”, implying that there is no culpability on Lucid’s end. Supply chain problems were with your Dream, but are they are not for the current Grey GT exterior production.

For those of you who have your cars, you are long out of the loop in terms of the production issues currently at the factory involving the Grey exterior. You are no longer communicating with your delivery advisors, but rather with the service center on any software hiccups with your delivered car. For those of us in the “production hell”, as Elon would say, we are in direct conversations with Lucid through the DAs (and higher ups) and, unless they are feeding us a bunch of lies, are gaining insight as to the reason that no Grey car has been issued a VIN to date . Anyone who insists that the problem Is supply chain driven, and not willing to accept the fact that Lucid has factory issues, is just not being objective.
I respectfully disagree. I’m willing to bet my car that the domino effect of supply chain issues has reached the paint house. It’s not hard to connect the dots from those dominos. Postmortem, more of the facts will come out and somewhere in the middle will lay the truth. To say there isn’t a domino effect with the supply crunch is irrational! I’m sure there is engineering negligence as well but the blame is not all in one camp or the other

Perhaps vitriol is too strong a word, but I meant towards the rest of the forum via the “fanboys” comment repetition, not necessarily toward Lucid.

I think the final point I’ll make is that I’m not saying Lucid doesn’t have factory issues. I’m not saying it’s all supply chain cascading. I’m also not saying it’s not that. My whole point is that none of us know, and we are all just speculating, and where we fall on the side of supply chain vs factory negligence/idiocy has solely to do with our attitude and/or optimism. None of us know for certain, and pretending otherwise is asinine. It’s all guesses. That’s all.

I agree completely

Back