Lucid Party @ Gravity Reveal-LA AutoShow November, 2023?

IMG_3985.jpeg
IMG_3980.jpeg
IMG_3977.jpeg
IMG_2700.jpeg
View attachment IMG_3984.jpeg

Lucid unfortuantely has to work 3X harder to get a new customer. Lucid needs to be better at praticatlly everthing to overcome the negative headwinds! The number of Tesla fanboys out there spreading hate and misinfomation is so annoying. Once the Gravity is available, Lucid really needs to get it out there and be accessible. Have studios in high traffic areas where test driving is spontaneous, enough of having to set an appointment and be exclusive locations. Lucid needs to "concord and divide, and then divide and concord". The greatest marketing template is Apple. Apple sells a high quality product at a premium that has thousands aftermarket accessory manufactures to amplify its brand. That's free marketing. Tesla is like that today. Lucid needs to get to that level.
The number of Tesla fanboys tattle talling every misstep Lucid makes is beyond pathethic. Hate is a derivative of fear, and they fear Lucid all the way from the top. It's exceeding annoying to constantly hear " oh, Lucid loses $400k for every car they sell" and "oh, Lucid is going to go bankrupt, why do I want to buy one?" These people are so ignorant, it's beathtaking.
It's been noted that Elon tweets once per hour since he bought Twitter for $44 billion. That's 9125 tweets per year. Twitter has allegedly lost $30 billions in value. With this set of logic, for every tweet Elon makes, it costed him $3.3 million. Statistics can say funny things sometimes. The Art of War, "In order to overcome your enemies, you first need to understand your enemies". Let's go Lucid!
Apropos of that, we were at the Walt Whitman mall tonight in Huntington Station on Long Island. Much to our surprise, prominently displayed on the mall floor, sat a Cosmos silver Lucid Touring. Spread out within the mall were a couple of Audis, one an e-Tron. However the attention that the Lucid drew far exceeded that of any of the other cars.

I remarked to the couple we were with that this was exactly the kind of thing that Lucid desperately needs to do. Here were a multitude of shoppers, most of whom were probably not even thinking of cars, exposed to a Lucid Air for the first time. They all seemed very impressed.

So I just finished visiting the Lucid area at the LA Show. The car is a lot better than I thought. After waiting 3 years I’m ready.

However, Lucid is still suffering from growing pains. I found the following very disturbing at the show. They had at least 8 or more representatives who were there to answer questions. You would have thought( why am I so stupid) that ONE person there might have actually worked for Lucid and maybe could answer a few basic questions,take names of interested people etc etc. All of the people working there were from the 3rd party agency and probably had, at best, 6 hours of training. With my limited knowledge from this forum for three years I knew much more. Here is an example of one simple question.
Q The two cars on display- are those Dream Edition or Air Touring etc etc
A- I don’t know
So after asking a few basic questions I walked away. I then saw two guys discussing the Gravity and by their discussions I asked them if they worked for Lucid. They said they were Lucid Owners. I would have thought that the hype will never be greater for Gravity than this week. Lucid might have been ready with some basic facts. The fact that no one even knows the exact width of the car tells u all u have to know. In spite of my frustration I thought the Car looked great even from 20 feet as there was no way to get close to the two demo cars. Of course having no one to discuss any of this I called my wife to tell her of my excitement over seeing the car. Her response was, “Why would u buy a car from a company that appears to be going out of business”. While I don’t think they are going Bankrupt I sometimes wonder about their communications. You can tell I have nothing else to do while waiting for my train home.
I would take that with a pinch of salt. Do you really want to deprive yourself of an outstanding vehicle just because you bumped into someone who could't answer a question about the vehicle. Understand that final specs have not been decided. Guess how may times I've been to a MERC/BMW/Lexus dealer where the salesman knew less than I did about the car. Its no big deal. You making an anthill into a mountain. Relax! If you like the car, buy it. Everything else is noise.

The surveillance and dash-cam view is quite a buyers draw nowaday. Peter is performance car enthusiast engineer, I hope market research department inform him how much people want it when buying new EV. Vast majority of EV shoppers are more impressed by these bells and whistles of software than the suspension handling tbh.
First thing I talk about when asked about the car is how crazy fast it is and how well it handles. Give me functionality and purpose while I'm driving the car, I could give a rats ass what is going on around the car when it's parked.
Yeah, I have trolls taunting me on Twitter the latest price is $20k less than what I paid for GT in last year April. I have no regret, like you I feel privileged to “support” Lucid as early adopter.
Zero regrets here, I saw it, I liked it, I bought it.

I would take that with a pinch of salt. Do you really want to deprive yourself of an outstanding vehicle just because you bumped into someone who could't answer a question about the vehicle. Understand that final specs have not been decided. Guess how may times I've been to a MERC/BMW/Lexus dealer where the salesman knew less than I did about the car. Its no big deal. You making an anthill into a mountain. Relax! If you like the car, buy it. Everything else is noise.
Maybe read my note again. I didn’t say I was walking away from buying anything. I was saying Lucid missed a chance to inform new buyers by not having at least one real Lucid employee on the floor. Someone else on the Forum said there were real employees on the floor Friday. I just spoke to the wrong people.

First thing I talk about when asked about the car is how crazy fast it is and how well it handles. Give me functionality and purpose while I'm driving the car, I could give a rats ass what is going on around the car when it's parked.

Zero regrets here, I saw it, I liked it, I bought it.

Lucid is so ahead in drive train motor tech, suspension handling, battery management and design language, when they do have UX3.0 and added software bells and whistles, I don’t see how they are not be the most desirable EV products when overall macroeconomy improves. Saudi has vision 2030 and further to electrify Middle East and electrify their infrastructure from oil hedge. Ceer, BMW & Foxconn already coordinate on vast effort in horizon.

When President Xi Jinping went to Saudi this year to offer Chinese supply chain to transform Saudi, they decline from Xi and opted for their own path. Lucid annual 4B burn rate may be a lot, but it’s a tiny fraction to the long term plan for Saudi. To put that in perspective, Saudi Aramco had 604B revenue in 2022 with 160B net profit. Tesla had 81B revenue in 2022 with 12.5B net profit.

This Gravity is the pivoting pt for the company. And personally, I am in high consideration of reservation and wanting to see innovation shine thru. Lucid just need to stick to schedule and dispel FUD. I like to see more brands succeed which accelerate global electrification, just 1~2 companies is not enough to push the needle of that future.

Maybe read my note again. I didn’t say I was walking away from buying anything. I was saying Lucid missed a chance to inform new buyers by not having at least one real Lucid employee on the floor. Someone else on the Forum said there were real employees on the floor Friday. I just spoke to the wrong people.
There were many, including upper level management.

We already know that Lucid will produce a few Gravity's in 2024 with real production starting in 2025. Late 2024 could easily slip to 2025. So fast to market is not happening. The Market above $120k is very very small. Will they bring out a Pure early on???
I spoke with a Lucid rep from Florida. There will not be a "Pure" variant of Gravity. At the moment just Dream, Touring and Grand Touring.

I had never been to any Lucid event/meetup before but this Friday Gravity party and Saturday meetup/rally was so awesome I’m looking fwd to the next and would encourage every owner in this forum to join. Everyone was very friendly and welcoming, including the Lucid mgmt team who were very approachable and enthusiastic so when they say it’s a labor of love, now I can believe that.

That’s actually good news since many assumed the ‘below $80K’ price was for a Pure variant.
It also would explain the glass roof being standard on the Gravity now... but does this mean there is possibility for the pure to be even cheaper?

I think this is the latest continuation of "rep bullshit."

I spoke with a Lucid rep from Florida. There will not be a "Pure" variant of Gravity. At the moment just Dream, Touring and Grand Touring.
As stated numerous times, you can't always trust what the local reps say - they're not always the most informed. There was absolutely no mention of trims in any of the official Lucid announcements, other than the DE and having a GT demo vehicle. I'm not sure that even Lucid knows fully yet what trims there will be and when.

It also would explain the glass roof being standard on the Gravity now... but does this mean there is possibility for the pure to be even cheaper?

I think this is the latest continuation of "rep bullshit."
That was actually my thought too. :)

Back