Lucid Party @ Gravity Reveal-LA AutoShow November, 2023?

I did.

I was on the fence and unable to make the 5.5-hour drive to NJ for a test drive until later in June, so I took the hit. It's a bit rough to see the price folks are paying now, but I got to drive the car for more than a year before the newbies, joined the Forum and have learned a whole lot. Actually, experiencing the serious hiccups with the early software has given me an appreciation for what we have (not that I don't want more), and I hope it keeps evolving. I've been impressed with the service that has fixed any of the early "issues", particularly when there has been a major issue with an OTA. (Having the Mobile Service parked in my driveway for an entire afternoon as they tore out my trunk to access the data port and have the California Software team troubleshoot an issue, then have a fix installed before I woke up the next morning is not something I have experienced from other car companies.) I just figure maybe I am "supporting" LUCID's future a bit more than other folks!

Yeah, I have trolls taunting me on Twitter the latest price is $20k less than what I paid for GT in last year April. I have no regret, like you I feel privileged to “support” Lucid as early adopter.

Yeah, I have trolls taunting me on Twitter the latest price is $20k less than what I paid for GT in last year April. I have no regret, like you I feel privileged to “support” Lucid as early adopter.
Same here. Don't regret it at all. Just like selling securities, once it's done, you can't think about it anymore.

I have no idea who you talked to, but there were plenty of people there that worked for Lucid and could answer questions.
Yesterday I spoke to five different people and all of them were from the 3rd party agency. I kept going from one person to another hoping to get different info. We’re you talking about Thursday? If not I guess I missed the Lucid employees. Tks for the info.

I hope people remember to clean the dust and grime off the front bumper before using that "frunking" seat insert on the Gravity. Not an option I will be buying.
There’s a protective cover the flips down so you don’t have to worry about it.

There’s also talk of that flap being available in various materials, depending on how “rugged” you want to be. From fine leather to a rubber floor mat type of material that can be hosed down.

I wasn't thinking about getting one's clothes dirty. I was thinking about scratching the paint.

From the my impression of last night's event, I think we now have a star that will hit it out of the ball park. Because of the EV landscape we are currently in, Lucid unfortuantely has to work 3X harder to get a new customer. Lucid needs to be better at praticatlly everthing to overcome the negative headwinds! The number of Tesla fanboys out there spreading hate and misinfomation is so annoying. Once the Gravity is available, Lucid really needs to get it out there and be accessible. Have studios in high traffic areas where test driving is spontaneous, enough of having to set an appointment and be exclusive locations. Lucid needs to "concord and divide, and then divide and concord". The greatest marketing template is Apple. Apple sells a high quality product at a premium that has thousands aftermarket accessory manufactures to amplify its brand. That's free marketing. Tesla is like that today. Lucid needs to get to that level.
The number of Tesla fanboys tattle talling every misstep Lucid makes is beyond pathethic. Hate is a derivative of fear, and they fear Lucid all the way from the top. It's exceeding annoying to constantly hear " oh, Lucid loses $400k for every car they sell" and "oh, Lucid is going to go bankrupt, why do I want to buy one?" These people are so ignorant, it's beathtaking.
It's been noted that Elon tweets once per hour since he bought Twitter for $44 billion. That's 9125 tweets per year. Twitter has allegedly lost $30 billions in value. With this set of logic, for every tweet Elon makes, it costed him $3.3 million. Statistics can say funny things sometimes. The Art of War, "In order to overcome your enemies, you first need to understand your enemies". Let's go Lucid!

I wonder what they will offer for AGT trade ins for a Gravity.
I spoke to a rep in Florida who said there will be a trade in program announced by the end of the year.
No details yet

If the deal is good I would consider trading my AGT for a Gravity GT.

Steve

Yes, cabin volume is 120 cubic ft, R1S is 104.7 cubic ft. Frunk is 8 cubic ft vs R1S 11 cubic ft. And there is blown spare tire and underwell storage compartment behind 3rd row of R1S that Gravity doesn’t have and I cannot find that dimension info on internet. R1S I am able to move boxes, and fit in 8’ ladder from HomeDepot during rain. I’m sure Gravity can fit all that too. R1S has a scissor gates design not many SUV has which I like very much. It has a fold down tailgate like a truck and a glass lift gate like Jeep Wrangler. (You can use lift gate glass in Wrangler only if don’t mount full size spare tire in the back) That aspect, I think R1S implemented splendidly. However, in Gravity for lack of tailgate seats, Gravity make it up with frunk-gating. 😃
View attachment 16461View attachment 16455

R1S storage usage reference
View attachment 16456
View attachment 16459View attachment 16457View attachment 16458
Do you remember way back in the day (like last week) when just a few of us here said that the Gravity's sole competitor was the R1S, while many others said that it was in a luxury class of its own and deserving of a 6 figure starting price because of the luxury and ride quality? I remember those days also. 😂

I love seeing all the comparisons with the R1S. On the Rivian forums, I’m seeing the same comparisons, but from a Rivian bias point of view. The competition is fantastic for the consumer and industry as a whole.

1700341432483.gif

Do you remember way back in the day (like last week) when just a few of us here said that the Gravity's sole competitor was the R1S, while many others said that it was in a luxury class of its own and deserving of a 6 figure starting price because of the luxury and ride quality? I remember those days also. 😂

I love seeing all the comparisons with the R1S. On the Rivian forums, I’m seeing the same comparisons, but from a Rivian bias point of view. The competition is fantastic for the consumer and industry as a whole.

View attachment 16466

I wholehearted agree. Competition is not Model-X, even though Model-X is back to hot selling potatoes bc of huge price cut. The competition is about usability and practicality before luxury for this segment. MB EQS and BMW iX can’t open hood for frunk, that part already lost edge. Kia EV9 will sell well bc of obtainable price range of 60~80k for young families. The key is who does luxury segment pick? My take is Gravity must to get fast to market and compete with R1S to gobble up new EV SUV adopters.

Rivian entered the biggest market of truck/SUV without ANY competition at start, now they are leader being chased. Their first 8 quarters production/delivery already passed Tesla first 8 quarters since Model-S debut.

Rivian can produce sedans, but they chose not to bump heads. It’s chance for Lucid to shine with Gravity.

1D899E17-76E2-4ADF-B18B-C619C42FAC21.jpeg
243EDF24-485B-4193-8BE0-859291A13607.jpeg

🤢 🤮

I wholehearted agree. Competition is not Model-X, even though Model-X is back to hot selling potatoes bc of huge price cut. The competition is about usability and practicality before luxury for this segment. MB EQS and BMW iX can’t open hood for frunk, that part already lost edge. Kia EV9 will sell well bc of obtainable price range of 60~80k for young families. The key is who does luxury segment pick? My take is Gravity must to get fast to market and compete with R1S to gobble up new EV SUV adopters.

Rivian entered the biggest market of truck/SUV without ANY competition at start, now they are leader being chased. Their first 8 quarters production/delivery already passed Tesla first 8 quarters since Model-S debut.

Rivian can produce sedans, but they chose not to bump heads. It’s chance for Lucid to shine with Gravity.

View attachment 16467View attachment 16468
🤢 🤮
We already know that Lucid will produce a few Gravity's in 2024 with real production starting in 2025. Late 2024 could easily slip to 2025. So fast to market is not happening. The Market above $120k is very very small. Will they bring out a Pure early on???

We already know that Lucid will produce a few Gravity's in 2024 with real production starting in 2025. Late 2024 could easily slip to 2025. So fast to market is not happening. The Market above $120k is very very small. Will they bring out a Pure early on???

Speedy execution is imperative in art of war. “Know thyself, know thy enemy…”

Rivian just invested $5B in Georgia to build massive 2nd factory, they will be revealing 2nd generation for mass market R2 platform at 45k~60k price range and target to reveal in 2024 Q3 for 2025~2026 market entry.

Rivian is the SUV/truck brand to beat, not Tesla, not Mercedes. Rivian’s interior is not lacking unlike Tesla either. Kia EV9 will sell like hot potatoes too, but it’s not Gravity’ competition with so many plastic interior which R1S isn’t.

🤢 🤮
Actually, I love that sedan render. Looks like a phantom to the rear and has beautiful stance!

I always wanted to see an offroading sedan, just a normal sedan but raised to SUV levels.

And I agree. Lucid and the R1S are the only real people in the luxury full size SUV market, and each are for different sections of the market(rivian offroading SUV things, lucid family SUV things).

This competition is going to be EPIC. Two startups against each other is something I've wanted to see for a long time!

🤢 🤮
My guess is by the time Gravity is ready for production, it will be competing with a refreshed R1S, maybe even a new 7 seater version. I think the Gravity can take meaningful market share from Rivian, but it’s not going to be easy with Rivian’s head start.

I’ll probably order a Gravity, but I won’t be a beta tester this time and there is a small list of actions I want to see Lucid take before I complete my order. The most important thing I want to see is that my GT gets as close to, if not all of the software capabilities as Gravity, even if that requires a reasonable hardware upgrade on my part. We all purchased our cars with “future ready” software. If Lucid fulfills that promise, I’ll remain loyal. I won’t be purchasing my way out of functional obsolescence, the way I used to with ICE vehicles. One of the reasons Tesla owners are so loyal is because cars several years old, have the same capabilities as cars rolling off the lot today. The only exception was radar, but even that is making its way back into production.

My guess is by the time Gravity is ready for production, it will be competing with a refreshed R1S, maybe even a new 7 seater version. I think the Gravity can take meaningful market share from Rivian, but it’s not going to be easy with Rivian’s head start.

I’ll probably order a Gravity, but I won’t be a beta tester this time and there is a small list of actions I want to see Lucid take before I complete my order. The most important thing I want to see is that my GT gets as close to, if not all of the software capabilities as Gravity, even if that requires a reasonable hardware upgrade on my part. We all purchased our cars with “future ready” software. If Lucid fulfills that promise, I’ll remain loyal. I won’t be purchasing my way out of functional obsolescence, the way I used to with ICE vehicles. One of the reasons Tesla owners are so loyal is because cars several years old, have the same capabilities as cars rolling off the lot today. The only exception was radar, but even that is making its way back into production.

If there are 2 EV companies I am rooting for (and I imagine many others on the forum also ) it’s Lucid and Rivian. I will be extremely tempted to put myself on the Gravity list, and it will probably be a much more polished experience than the Air rollout. They have had a lot opportunities to learn and they obviously take feedback to heart. I cannot wait to see the breakdown of options, models, range, efficiency and so on. Lots of fun!

Back