Lucid Party @ Gravity Reveal-LA AutoShow November, 2023?

Same. It definitely won’t be free, if it happens at all.

You bought the car at a price that you thought it was worth buying; the end. Prices change and products change, but a sale is a point in time, and it’s always a decision of whether to “wait and see” or buy it now.

I would bet two nickels.

Watch the video I took attached here - there are “normal” cup holders, and then you can slide the top console for cavernous “water bottle” holders.

View attachment 16437

I sat in it too - it’s hard to describe how cavernous it is. The third row is a proper set of seats, which is wild - not child jump seats.

The second row is more comfortable, but there was *tons* of room. We watched a 6’10” guy get in, and I swear I thought it was a joke. But he got in and while I would give him a different seat for a road trip, lol, he was actually very comfy.

It’s not. This is misinformation and confusion.

It’s not. This is misinformation and confusion. There is so much side to side space because of the scooped doors it’s nuts. I don’t know how to explain the insane space. Pictures don’t do it justice.

It is, however, only 3 inches longer than the Air.
How can you say it’s misinformation when the website says that one is 86” and the other is 76”. I didn’t make it up. Did you look at the website ? For both cars they use the same type of images to compare. I wish it weren’t true too because i like the Gravity.

How can you say it’s misinformation when the website says that one is 86” and the other is 76”. I didn’t make it up. Did you look at the website ? For both cars they use the same type of images to compare. I wish it weren’t true too because i like the Gravity.
I think it might actually be width without mirrors. Lucid put those beige lines to show what they measured:
Screenshot 2023-11-17 at 7.39.22 AM.png

But do each of the mirrors stand out more than 5 inches each?

I think it might actually be width without mirrors. Lucid put those beige lines to show what they measured:
View attachment 16440
But do each of the mirrors stand out more than 5 inches each?
I agree. The mirrors are not a factor. Both images show the width of the vehicle, which show that there is about a 10” different in widths.

When you look at both sets of specs on Lucids website which seem to be apples to apples comparison, the width of the Air is 86.4”. The gravity with the same configuration is 78.7” wide. The mirrors appear to be in the same configuration. It seems to show the gravity is about 10” less wide than the Air.

This is an oversight on the Lucid website. (There have been quite a few over the past few years.). If you look at another page on the Lucid website, you will see the Air width given both with and without mirrors -- 86.4" with and 76.2" without:

The spec page on the Gravity does not specify whether the 78.7" width is with or without mirrors, but you can rest assured that the Gravity cabin is not going to be 10" narrower than the Air's. Thus the Gravity width shown is almost certainly without mirrors.

Without mirrors on either vehicle, the Gravity is 2.5" wider than the Air.

Out of curiosity, did anyone ask why they chose not to redesign the sun visors? Or is that complaint less common than I think?
They can't make it tesla style because that is patented, and I don't think there is a better solution.

I agree. The mirrors are not a factor. Both images show the width of the vehicle, which show that there is about a 10” different in widths.

You're right: The Lucid Air's width in the diagram on the website is wrong. I happen to have found out the hard way that the car with mirrors extended is 86.4 inches as my garage is 90 inches wide (New England houses...) and I crunched the mirror putting my Air into the garage.

Out of curiosity, did anyone ask why they chose not to redesign the sun visors? Or is that complaint less common than I think?
Lucid wanted the visors to operate quickly for when you want them in a hurry. The side visors are not easy to operate quickly. Hence, the design choice.

More important, how are you so active during school hours? I thought high schools take away cell phones during school hours.
Actually, its illegal for them to do that: most of my time is spent on breaks of which we have plenty. (we arent allowed to study for some reason?)

Has anyone heard any information as to what the towing capacity will be for Gravity?

Where did you see that info at? I ask because I didn't see anything on the Lucid website.
Multiple sources did state that, and it pulled a fighter jet and towed an airstream(either 16 or 20 ft to me) during some reveal videos.

More important, how are you so active during school hours? I thought high schools take away cell phones during school hours.
Wonder which school, though?

This is an oversight on the Lucid website. (There have been quite a few over the past few years.). If you look at another page on the Lucid website, you will see the Air width given both with and without mirrors -- 86.4" with and 76.2" without:

The spec page on the Gravity does not specify whether the 78.7" width is with or without mirrors, but you can rest assured that the Gravity cabin is not going to be 10" narrower than the Air's. Thus the Gravity width shown is almost certainly without mirrors.

Without mirrors on either vehicle, the Gravity is 2.5" wider than the Air.
I like what u said. I hope u are correct! I’m going today to check it out.

Automotive school? ;)
For fear of accidentally doxxing myself, I won't say, but most of you do know which town I live in.

And you would think that I go to automotive school, but in reality most of my knowledge(or rather interest) is from just standing at the stop sign at the end of my community and pointing out every single car brand/model that passed with 100% accuracy when I was 3! I saw maybe 1 tesla a year back then..

Back