Lucid Motors Unveils Plan For Three Affordable EVs To Challenge Tesla

Yeah, but you’ve gotta remember to do that. And I don’t, lol.

Don’t get me started on it not automatically locking when you walk away, *especially* because it does unlock when you walk up. The number of times my wife has left the car unlocked in random places is high enough that I now have a Home Assistant automation for it lol.
True. OTOH I like HMG's overly cautious approach here better than GM, where it does lock automatically but in some situations it would fail to detect the fob completely and I have to fish out the manual key 🫣

In such a situation where the fob failed to be detected (due to RF interference?) imagine if the car auto locks and you accidentally left the fob inside

Done properly, I do appreciate it. I had to use valet at work when I had GM cars and auto lock saves me from valets not locking the car (after an incident once when an identical black Volt was parked next to mine and both were unlocked!)

True. OTOH I like HMG's overly cautious approach here better than GM, where it does lock automatically but in some situations it would fail to detect the fob completely and I have to fish out the manual key 🫣

In such a situation where the fob failed to be detected (due to RF interference?) imagine if the car auto locks and you accidentally left the fob inside

Done properly, I do appreciate it. I had to use valet at work when I had GM cars and auto lock saves me from valets not locking the car (after an incident once when an identical black Volt was parked next to mine and both were unlocked!)
Sure - I may think there’s only one right way, but I recognize that’s just an opinion, and that’s why I’m glad people have options. My wife and I have different taste in cars, and that’s just fine. Hers is allowed to suck more than mine forever. :P

Main competition for Gravity is Model X which sells around 20k units every year. Do the math. And how many buyers are willing to spend 80k -120k on a minivan/crossover suv ?
Kia sells 50k EV9 per year. Volvo sells 100k XC90 per year and finally comes with EX90. These should be main competitors for Gravity.

Back