Lucid Motors Opens Studio & Service Center in Beverly Hills

Joe

Staff Member
Admin
This weekend marks the opening of our #LucidMotors Beverly Hills Studio and Service Center. Beginning October 3rd, the #LucidAir will be available to view for the first time in the Southern California area by appointment only.

To request an appointment at the Beverly Hills Studio, please call 1-844-367-7787 or email [email protected].

120357186_3259711250749247_2478576508096015932_o.jpg

120407697_3259711344082571_7721285181677790488_o.jpg

120568062_3259711494082556_5911894309776720808_o.jpg

120607911_3259711624082543_8185606159099881248_o.jpg

Does this mean you can actually sit in the real car, or do you have to experience it virtually?

Does this mean you can actually sit in the real car, or do you have to experience it virtually?
You might want to call them. That gold Dream Edition in the photo might be the “show car” from the reveal that is not a production-representative car, in that it has the rear seat foot wells that the production car will not. Lucid has not yet built a final production version of a car, as the design is not yet fully locked in.

You might want to call them. That gold Dream Edition in the photo might be the “show car” from the reveal that is not a production-representative car, in that it has the rear seat foot wells that the production car will not. Lucid has not yet built a final production version of a car, as the design is not yet fully locked in.
I called them and they told me that, although the vehicle was a beta prototype, it is available to sit in. They also mentioned the standard disclaimer that the UI may not be fully operational and some of the interior elements are not like the final version. I asked about the sunken footwell in the rear, but the person was not free to discuss that, but mentioned that the car was spacious and had the rear bench seat. If I'm planning on being in the area, I'll call them for an appointment.

Thanks for the information. If you do get to examine the car, I hope you'll be willing to pass on your impressions.

I am having trouble finding the "Specs" section that was on the Lucid website. Has it been removed?

Is this what you are looking for?

It is. Thanks. Don't know why I couldn't find it in scrolling the homepage where I used to find it.

I just wanted to check if they had taken down the specs for rear legroom since something seems to be in flux.

For Florida reservation holders, I just checked the Studio and Service Center map. The Florida Service Center for Lucid will be in Riviera Beach, just north of West Palm. It seems there will not be a Service Center in the Miami area, at least initially.

I assume that means there is a higher concentration of reservations in the West Palm Beach area than the greater Miami area. I don't know how many reservations there are in the Naples area, but at one point there were at least three Naples reservation holders on this small forum alone, and Miami is much more accessible from Naples than West Palm. I wonder if Lucid took reservations from southwest Florida into account in deciding to put its east coast service center in the West Palm area instead of Miami.

For Florida reservation holders, I just checked the Studio and Service Center map. The Florida Service Center for Lucid will be in Riviera Beach, just north of West Palm. It seems there will not be a Service Center in the Miami area, at least initially.

I assume that means there is a higher concentration of reservations in the West Palm Beach area than the greater Miami area. I don't know how many reservations there are in the Naples area, but at one point there were at least three Naples reservation holders on this small forum alone, and Miami is much more accessible from Naples than West Palm. I wonder if Lucid took reservations from southwest Florida into account in deciding to put its east coast service center in the West Palm area instead of Miami.
Hello hmp10,

My name is Zak Edson and I run Retail Operations (Retail Development, Sales, Service) for Lucid. You are correct that we are watching reservation numbers as well as other demand data to prioritize where we place Studios and service centers. But other factors are involved, particularly for these very early locations.

In the case of West Palm Beach and Miami they are both important markets and will both have an early service center. We just happened to find and secure a property in the West Palm Beach area before Miami. We are still actively looking in Miami and expect to have a location there soon.

That's very good news, Zak. Thanks for the info.

I get my Tesla serviced in Dania Beach which is about a 90-minute drive from Naples and easily accessible from the lightly-traveled interstate that connects Naples to the Miami area. Having to deal with traffic on the northward leg up to the West Palm area is another matter entirely.

I don't know how your early sales will go in Naples, but judging by the number of Rolls, Bentleys, Ferraris, Porsches -- and the profusion of Teslas -- around here, I suspect it will be a market with promise beyond its proportional population numbers.

Also don't forget that we will have service vans in the region that will be able to resolve most issues for you without needing to bring the car into a service center.

Hi Zak--It's nice that you guys consider two service centers in South Florida sitting practically on top of each other. What are your plans for the Mid-West though? Looking at the list in your website, most of your centers are kind of south of the Mason-Dixon line. Judging only by the map of your service centers, one can assume that you guys are selling either convertibles or boats or both. What about us, the snowbirds?

Hi Zak--It's nice that you guys consider two service centers in South Florida sitting practically on top of each other. What are your plans for the Mid-West though? Looking at the list in your website, most of your centers are kind of south of the Mason-Dixon line. Judging only by the map of your service centers, one can assume that you guys are selling either convertibles or boats or both. What about us, the snowbirds?
LucidDreams,

We are definitely working on locations in the North and the Midwest. We have active searches in Chicago and New York, for example, and we will have satellite service locations in additional markets. A satellite service center is a home base for our service vans and a service bay that we can use for more substantial repairs. We will announce where each satellite location will be in the next couple months. We can add these quickly based on demand too.

Where are you located?

LucidDreams,

We are definitely working on locations in the North and the Midwest. We have active searches in Chicago and New York, for example, and we will have satellite service locations in additional markets. A satellite service center is a home base for our service vans and a service bay that we can use for more substantial repairs. We will announce where each satellite location will be in the next couple months. We can add these quickly based on demand too.

Where are you located?
I live in Fargo, ND and I expect to drive my Lucid Air Dream Edition mostly in the upper Midwest except during the winter months when I'll migrate to greener pastures (not that I don't enjoy when it is 20 deg below outside).

Just curious, LucidDreams. Have you looked at a map of Electrify America coverage?

I wondering what other roadside charging options there are up your way? I ask because we have been thinking about some cross-country sight-seeing in the Air, and we were assuming we would have to avoid the upper Midwest due to charging issues, at least for the next couple of years.

Screen Shot 2020-10-22 at 2.19.28 PM.png

Yes, I have looked at the Electrify America coverage map and just like everybody else, they assume that no sane people live in the upper Midwest... If you plan on travelling in this part of the country, you may wish to check the PlugShare map. There're many fast-charging CHAdeMo/CCS stations that you can use. However, they are not free for the Lucid Air owners (I guess, after 3 years it won't matter anymore).

There are some things we want to see in that region, and we won't mind paying for charging as long as it's available from someone. We occasionally go to Vermont, and it's first EA station is just now under construction.

I'm hoping that as more EV's switch to heating interiors with heat pumps instead of resistance heating, more cold-region drivers will look at EV's. They'll still get less range in winter, but at least a lot of the load of heating the interior will be taken off the batteries.

I'm assuming the Air uses a heat pump, although I have found no direct confirmation of it. A heat pump was initially listed as an added feature of the Cold Weather Package on the configurator, along with windshield wiper and rear seat heating. Within a few days, the heat pump disappeared from the list, although the wiper and rear seat heating remained. I'm guessing that is because a heat pump is standard equipment on all Airs, and someone finally realized it should not have been listed as part of an option package.

Last edited:
Lucid proudly showcased the Dream Edition in extreme winter conditions (-27 F) in Northern Minnesota. They called that "a critical step on the path to production." I'm assuming they had a good heating system in the prototype they tested, the driver is not wearing gloves and parka! No reason not to have a heat pump in the production version, I guess.

I live in Fargo, ND and I expect to drive my Lucid Air Dream Edition mostly in the upper Midwest except during the winter months when I'll migrate to greener pastures (not that I don't enjoy when it is 20 deg below outside).
Minneapolis will be a good market for Lucid so we will have support within a couple hundred miles for sure. We will take care of you up there (and wherever you like to spend your winter).

Back