Lucid Motors Announces Launch Plans for Europe

Looks like they are making more Dream Editions for Europe

Is this part of the 520 or did they build more for Europe?
This seems interesting.

My Service Manager came to my office on Friday. He really drove out of his way, just to chat with me. He came from Norfolk, Va. He was there because a cargo ship containing Lucid cars were headed to Europe. This was their first major cargo delivery there. Super cool guy, gave me lots of insights and asked me a lot of questions on my experience, expectations, and wants (software) with the car.

My Service Manager came to my office on Friday. He really drove out of his way, just to chat with me. He came from Norfolk, Va. He was there because a cargo ship containing Lucid cars were headed to Europe. This was their first major cargo delivery there. Super cool guy, gave me lots of insights and asked me a lot of questions on my experience, expectations, and wants (software) with the car.
Just curious. Why did he decide to visit you specifically ? Was he on his way to the port? This seems interesting why a service manager would decide to stop and visit just to chat. Can you elaborate more on the specifics? Also what did he say about the cargo ship, how many cars, types, etc?
thanks

Just curious. Why did he decide to visit you specifically ? Was he on his way to the port? This seems interesting why a service manager would decide to stop and visit just to chat. Can you elaborate more on the specifics? Also what did he say about the cargo ship, how many cars, types, etc?
thanks
He is out of PA. He drove to Richmond satellite service center (third party), and then to Norfolk. On his way back up, he stopped by my Herndon, VA (out of his way) office to drop off something (could have been mailed) and met with me. He likes to meet Lucid customers. Particularly a customer that had his car out of service for 6-weeks. He likes customer input and he is relatively new at Lucid (~6-months). He currently is the only SM (regionally) without any Service Advisors, just Service Techs.

Trust me, we talked a lot and he was careful on what he disclosed.

This cargo ship is important b/c it’s their first major shipment there and the ship will actually make a lot of stops picking up other cargo before it hits detonation port. I have no clue what the number of cars is.

Lucid is trying very hard to be the first to full autonomous driving.

CarPlay and Android Auto is is nearly ready. They will probably release both once they have Apple’s approval for CarPlay.

Something similar to sentry mode is in the works.

With that also comes batter 12v battery management, another area they are working on.

These are the topics I do feel comfortable talking about. We did hit some other subjects which I would rather keep to myself and not break the trust we have established.

But, lots of great things ahead beyond just the Air.

I am glad they are ramping up their European presence. It’s an incredibly important market and they need to be on top of it.

Lucid is trying very hard to be the first to full autonomous driving.

CarPlay and Android Auto is is nearly ready. They will probably release both once they have Apple’s approval for CarPlay.

Something similar to sentry mode is in the works.

With that also comes batter 12v battery management, another area they are working on.
🔥

thanks
It sounds like @zkhan2 has had a very challenging initial ownership experience. Based on that, I'm sure he has a lot of useful feedback for Lucid. While we all like to hear good news, companies can learn a lot more from the negative experiences of their customers.

I am encouraged to see the regional service manager being willing not only to listen to a customer like @zkhan2, but to go out of his way and see him in person. If I had his experience, at a minimum, I'd have expected to exchange a few emails with someone at his level. Good service would have been a phone call follow up.

It sounds like this direct customer interaction is built into the culture at Lucid. We've heard numerous stories of senior management, including President, reaching out to customers to talk to them.

I'm in the same region as @zkhan2 and would need to use the same service center in Richmond so I've been watching carefully to see how his experience has been handled.

Back