RESOLVED Lucid Manager Won't Replace Windshield The Shop Broke

Lucid came through and they will be replacing the windshield for me. Just heard back from the SA. Thanks everyone for the feedback and thoughts! I'm happy and can go back to being a Lucid fanboy.
I am glad to hear they came around and will fix your problem. Now the question remains was the service manager coached on how to handle customer issues/concerns in a proper way? We would probably never find out. This will probably leave a bad taste in your mouth for a long time and I don't blame you. Also I am not surprised if it will affect your approach in servicing your car in the future in the same service center with the same manager in place. I am sure posting here helped a "little" due to visibility.

Lucid came through and they will be replacing the windshield for me. Just heard back from the SA. Thanks everyone for the feedback and thoughts! I'm happy and can go back to being a Lucid fanboy.
I am very glad to hear that Lucid is going to make it right for you. Lucid service has always been excellent for me so I was surprised by your situation.

Glad to hear the windshield is being replaced, although I'm not surprised. That was always going to happen.

The Service Manager needs to step up and own what happened, otherwise I imagine it'll be hard for you to show up there in the future. You did nothing wrong, this is all on them (assuming everything happened as you wrote it).

Why does this put a dent in the service manager's performance? Just trying to understand. If handled correctly, I'd be very complimentary of them. How does this work on their end?
Damage to customer cars puts a black mark on the service center. I'm sure Lucid collects such data.

Yeah, that was definitely unusual. I’m glad they made it right.
Sort of. The OP now has to go to the same service center to have the roof replaced. Before my retirement I managed a number of large enterprises. If we had a manager do something like this we would do an internal review to see if it was endemic. In the meantime I would have had the service manager apologize to the OP and cc me on the apology so that the OP and the local service manager would know that I, as the senior manager, is overseeing the conduct of the service manager on his interactions with the OP.

As I said above, this one is open and shut based on the paperwork: no glass damage on drop off; glass damage on pickup. If the service writer missed the chip (hard to do since the windshield is the main place to look for glass damage) the company, and the local service manager, still has to live with the paperwork. Now Lucid owes it to the OP to ensure that there will be no "secret sauce" on the OP's car.

I don’t think OP was taring and feathering Lucid. They shared their bad experience with one individual and sought advice about the next steps in a forum with fellow owners. He also tagged mcr on his post. I am unsure how you are taking this as condemning the entire company. I don’t read it that way. If I have a similar experience, this is a place I will seek advice, too, considering there are a lot of folks here with a ton of experience who can chime in to share their perspective or advice.

Most of us here are well-wishers of Lucid, and we want them to succeed. Many of us are their customers and shareholders. I do believe Lucid can and will make this right.
Thank you @tonybot ... you captured and represented my exact sentiments and thoughts in posting here...couldn't have stated it better myself. I'm very bullish on Lucid and this forum has been nothing short of amazing so it's become my default place to come get advice and keep up on all things Lucid.

Congrats on staying calm, holding your ground and making your case. Again, as many have said, one service manager does not represent the whole of Lucid or any company. Hope this does not discourage you from considering a Gravity.
I wasn't consider a Gravity for myself but my wife was...unfortunately, this experience got to her and she's definitely distracted and not as excited ...but once I think she sees me happy with Lucid etc. she will make a turn...I need her to test drive that Gravity ASAP! :)

I am glad to hear they came around and will fix your problem. Now the question remains was the service manager coached on how to handle customer issues/concerns in a proper way? We would probably never find out. This will probably leave a bad taste in your mouth for a long time and I don't blame you. Also I am not surprised if it will affect your approach in servicing your car in the future in the same service center with the same manager in place. I am sure posting here helped a "little" due to visibility.
I have requested to speak to a Senior Manager regardless of them fixing the windshield precisely because of this reason. And Lucid has been very compliant with my request. I wish to express the the senior leader, my experience and how I was treated and I am approaching that forthcoming conversation as a means to perhaps try and provide some feedback so that others after me don't have to go through this experience. As a business executive, I would want to learn this about my business so I'm hoping some positive change could get induced across the service network. One can hope!

Sort of. The OP now has to go to the same service center to have the roof replaced. Before my retirement I managed a number of large enterprises. If we had a manager do something like this we would do an internal review to see if it was endemic. In the meantime I would have had the service manager apologize to the OP and cc me on the apology so that the OP and the local service manager would know that I, as the senior manager, is overseeing the conduct of the service manager on his interactions with the OP.

As I said above, this one is open and shut based on the paperwork: no glass damage on drop off; glass damage on pickup. If the service writer missed the chip (hard to do since the windshield is the main place to look for glass damage) the company, and the local service manager, still has to live with the paperwork. Now Lucid owes it to the OP to ensure that there will be no "secret sauce" on the OP's car.
100% captures my concerns too! I am very worried about bugs and gremlins popping up in the future as my car has been flawless in terms of software so far and all the cameras etc. functioning. I'm concerned that there is no way I will ever know if they play any shenanigans with my car. If they do, I'm going right back to Lucid anyway. Its remarkable what one negative interaction can do. Like my boss tells me, "It takes 10 attaboys to fix one screw up". We shall see...I'm expecting to get the car back today.

Alright so I got the car back...but now the blind spot cameras and ADAS aren't working...sigh.
Oh no..... Did you pick it up or did they deliver it to you? Maybe there should be a checklist before driving the car away from the service center. I've been lucky and not had any problems, but you never know.

Oh no..... Did you pick it up or did they deliver it to you? Maybe there should be a checklist before driving the car away from the service center. I've been lucky and not had any problems, but you never know.
I had posted this while resetting my car for the third time after taking delivery ..I called Lucid and was on my way to returning the car when it started working just fine..ADAS and cameras and all. My guess is that is takes about 15 mins after calibration for it to stick. Right now the car is back home! And the family is complete again

I also got a call from Seattle from a senior service leader and even though he was going through personal difficulties at his house where he was working from, he made the time to call me which was excellent. I humbly suggested to him some modification of behavior type exercises for the service manager and to his credit the service leader listened and agreed with me. We had a fantastic 5-minute conversation through which I was able to convey my concerns to him on the day of and the service leader profusely apologized for how I got treated. I told him no harm, no foul and now I'm back to being 100% Lucid Fanboy. Couldn't have asked more and I can easily get past one bad conversation for sure. Thanks everyone for chiming in ..your comments..each and every one of them was valuable to me.

Back