Lucid ios app update v1.28.0

If the app has just been updated recently, for example like the Lucid app, then it will not appear here along with the other apps. Usually it can take a day for it to appear with the other updates. You have to do as @HC_79 suggested and actually look up the app and then not open it, but view the description to see the Update button for it.
especially if the developer opted for a slow rollout. by default, it rolls out over 7 days. the method HC_79 posted is the way to skip the slow rollout and get the latest.

If the app has just been updated recently, for example like the Lucid app, then it will not appear here along with the other apps. Usually it can take a day for it to appear with the other updates. You have to do as @HC_79 suggested and actually look up the app and then not open it, but view the description to see the Update button for it.
Hmmm.... I have not experienced that. I own an iOS app development company and I find that the updates become available concurrently. Perhaps you need to refresh the page by pulling down and letting go. @joec what has been your experience?

Not sure if it's related, but after I updated the app to the new version, my mobile key no longer automatically lock/unlock when I approach and leave the car. I'll have to manually lock/unlock using the app. And my wife's phone which is not updated no longer works.

Do we need to relink the mobile keys to get it back to a working state?

Hmmm.... I have not experienced that. I own an iOS app development company and I find that the updates become available concurrently. Perhaps you need to refresh the page by pulling down and letting go. @joec what has been your experience?
When a new update is released on the App Store, it can take a bit of time for the new version to land on everyone’s phone. It has to find its way to all of Apple’s network of servers. Usually it’s a matter of a few hours. Sometimes it can take longer, but that’s rare.

Companies also have the option of batching releases in groups, rather than releasing all at once. In this case, it can take up to a few weeks to show up. By design. I do not think Lucid is using this method, however. Not for the iOS app, anyway.

Searching for the app can indeed be a way to see the update before it shows up on your official list. But even then sometimes you won’t see it right away. It will get there eventually.

It’s helpful to remember all of Apple’s App Store infrastructure is built on top of the old iTunes code. So there’s a bit of quirkiness there.

Just downloaded and installed the 1.29 version of the iOS update. As usual, the description provided is unhelpful (“bug fixes and enhancements”). Glancing through the app, there’s no discernible difference.

So .. funny thing happened to me on the app (v1.28). I walked away from the car and into a store w/ my wife. As she was "rounding the corner" and I knew we were going to leave I went to turn on the heat in the car (using my app). But, I couldn't control anything (incl. climate). As I kept trying to figure out why everything was greyed out (on the widget too), I noticed that the mode was in "Driving" (see photo). I panicked and ran out to the car not knowing what to expect. The car was fine (and in Park).

I restarted my iPhone and everything came back and worked as expected.

Moral to this story .. my iPhone needed a reboot .. nothing wrong w/ the car .. phew!

Now, thanks to @bdham, I realized there was an update available, and I just updated the app to v1.29 (2173).

Attachments

• IMG_5736.PNG
    IMG_5736.PNG
    209.1 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_5737.PNG
    IMG_5737.PNG
    211.8 KB · Views: 86
The iOS widget changes the graphic based on what you're doing with the car. This is what I see now when I'm charging. It shows a car charging lol. Good update, Lucid.

Although this shows my white Touring as having 20 inch wheels 😝

Attachments

• BF9CF4D7-8917-402F-8486-17DA38ADF688.jpeg
    BF9CF4D7-8917-402F-8486-17DA38ADF688.jpeg
    836.1 KB · Views: 81
So .. funny thing happened to me on the app (v1.28). I walked away from the car and into a store w/ my wife. As she was "rounding the corner" and I knew we were going to leave I went to turn on the heat in the car (using my app). But, I couldn't control anything (incl. climate). As I kept trying to figure out why everything was greyed out (on the widget too), I noticed that the mode was in "Driving" (see photo). I panicked and ran out to the car not knowing what to expect. The car was fine (and in Park).

I restarted my iPhone and everything came back and worked as expected.

Moral to this story .. my iPhone needed a reboot .. nothing wrong w/ the car .. phew!

Now, thanks to @bdham, I realized there was an update available, and I just updated the app to v1.29 (2173).
So I just updated the app as well (thanks for the tip). Not sure what this update did??

So I just updated the app as well (thanks for the tip). Not sure what this update did??
I can't find anything that is different.

As @bdham reported, the release notes are vague and not helpful ("Bug fixes and enhancements")

just updated to v1.29.0. The iOS widget now shows the correct vehicle color:)

Now it shows your vehicle color and different pose. You can also go to setting to rename vehicle and it will also show matching OEM color.
C5278B14-9118-44C1-82A1-2463BD9C804A.jpeg

Now it shows your vehicle color and different pose. You can also go to setting to rename vehicle and it will also show matching OEM color.View attachment 9303
Where do you edit the name? In the Widget or in the App? I don’t see an option to rename. Thanks

Edit: Doh. Tapped my name in the hamburger menu and found it.

Now it shows your vehicle color and different pose. You can also go to setting to rename vehicle and it will also show matching OEM color.
lol .. I'm color blind, but my car color is grey .. I believe it was grey before, so no change (other than the position of the car) ..

As for the name, I had already changed the name and it was showing on 1.28 .. is there something different or new that I'm missing?

v128.PNG
v129.PNG

lol .. I'm color blind, but my car color is grey .. I believe it was grey before, so no change (other than the position of the car) ..

As for the name, I had already changed the name and it was showing on 1.28 .. is there something different or new that I'm missing?

View attachment 9305View attachment 9306
Just that car avatar on widget. Your car strikes better pose than before.

Anybody know what that timer is in the top right of the widget? Still can't seem to figure that out even from other versions of the app.

Anybody know what that timer is in the top right of the widget? Still can't seem to figure that out even from other versions of the app.
I believe it is the last time the mobile app "checked in" w/ the car. e.g. if you open the app and "wake up" the car, then look at your widget, you should see 1 or 2 seconds.

I believe it is the last time the mobile app "checked in" w/ the car. e.g. if you open the app and "wake up" the car, then look at your widget, you should see 1 or 2 seconds.
That’s a sound theory. It does reset to 0 sometimes even if you haven’t opened the app. But I think the widget does check in with the app from time to time in the background. At which point, it also resets the timer.

Back