Lucid Inventory Orders

Haha! First time I tried Model-X from Houston to Dallas, it took 7.5 hrs. ICE car would be 3.5~4 hours, it doesn’t matter if Tesla has good Supercharging network, to my wife it was ridiculous.
1 - Those Tesla Superchargers stations have waitlist queue of cars
2 - Bunch of Tesla drawing power same time, the charging curve is just not that impressive impressive
With wife or kids in the car we have to hypermile 55 to 60mph I guess 😂 and forget the fun factor.

Looks like Lucid added more inventory vehicles.
12 Lucid’s on site compared to 16 Model S available in inventory in my area. The economy is affecting EVERYONE and when you see 0% APR with some car companies you know they’re all starting to feel the pinch.

Also I believe Lucid may overproduce popular GT combos options as buffer before going into Touring and Pure stage reconfiguring assembly line. This would make sense in batch production to save cost.

• Hmm
Reactions: DJL
With the current economic uncertainty, what’s the appetite for a $150k sedan from a new manufacturer? Attrition in their order books should not be surprising, as would be speculative overproduction given how few choices the customer makes on GTs.

I’m curious to see what the inventory situation for Pure and more importantly Gravity will be.

I received my invitation today or yesterday, all about $150,000? What was the old price? I still haven’t seen one IRL yet.

I seriously looked at Rivian R1S if it made sense for my son with 2 kids. What turned us off was 2.2 Miles per KWh and a huge battery which takes forever to charge. It is basically an energy hog and so impractical for a log distance trip with 7 people particularly with kids.
That’s almost twice of Lucid at 69 MPGe. 🤮 🤮🤮
5826324C-FAED-43BF-AD80-7C7AB71FC408.jpeg

Has anyone noticed that the existing inventory page on the lucid website now includes 4 GTPs. I don't believe those were listed there before.

• Hmm
Reactions: DJL
Also I believe Lucid may overproduce popular GT combos options as buffer before going into Touring and Pure stage reconfiguring assembly line. This would make sense in batch production to save cost.
So, will they be called 2023 models then? For that matter I think all the deliveries since Sep should be called 23 models to compare with other auto makers.

With wife or kids in the car we have to hypermile 55 to 60mph I guess 😂 and forget the fun factor.
My vote is to drive between 60 and 70mph and find a cool place to stop for 20 min and bribe the family with something interesting. Have fun driving solo or with like minded buddies like a trip from the Bay Area to Reno taking turns drive-as-long-as-you-get-no-ticket-or-damage!

not sure if anyone's noticed, but in the inventory section, they're now including AGT at the old price point ($138k), in addition to the $154k new price point.
1671498161169.png

if you click on the incentives, the new price point has the 2.81% APR finance offer, whereas the $138k price point does not (the bottom mentions 6.29% APR tho). the footnote also includes language for 2023 model years now.

Also, another weird part is, it seems that AGTs at the $138k price point have this "three month DDP" language. grammatically, not sure if the three month language also extends to SSP also or not. the AGT-P doesn't have this language under the picture.

1671498252468.png

regardless, here is something new and fun for us to speculate. Possible future implications? does it mean certain features can be turned on and off? what happens after the three months? maybe lucid is considering baking all DDP (maybe SSP) hardware into future vehicle productions to streamline things and going the tesla software unlocking route based on what customers want? who knows

Last edited:
Looks like Dream Drive is a $10k option and Surreal Sound is a $4k option on new GT's.

Looks like Dream Drive is a $10k option and Surreal Sound is a $4k option on new GT's.
youre right. if i go to the design page now, GT's aren't fully loaded anymore. you have the option to add in DDP and SSP, along with 21" wheels. so it's like a beefed up touring? not sure where lucid is going with this. kinda making things overly complicated.

not sure if anyone's noticed, but in the inventory section, they're now including AGT at the old price point ($138k), in addition to the $154k new price point.View attachment 7765
if you click on the incentives, the new price point has the 2.81% APR finance offer, whereas the $138k price point does not (the bottom mentions 6.29% APR tho). the footnote also includes language for 2023 model years now.

Also, another weird part is, it seems that AGTs at the $138k price point have this "three month DDP" language. grammatically, not sure if the three month language also extends to SSP also or not. the AGT-P doesn't have this language under the picture.

View attachment 7768
regardless, here is something new and fun for us to speculate. Possible future implications? does it mean certain features can be turned on and off? what happens after the three months? maybe lucid is considering baking all DDP (maybe SSP) hardware into future vehicle productions to streamline things and going the tesla software unlocking route based on what customers want? who knows
Original AGT pricing is 139k, not 138k. So this may be subscription type of packaging for DDP and SSP.

Original AGT pricing is 139k, not 138k. So this may be subscription type of packaging for DDP and SSP.
Hate it! They're doing stupid stuff like this but failed to offer massage seats as an option on Touring? So what are customers paying $139k for more HP, 350 kh charging, and range?

Back