Lucid Home Charger this month

Sandvinsd

Verified Owner
Cars
Air Grand Touring
Heard that the current Air owners should get an email about getting the Lucid Home Charger within a week or two. Hope that is correct. After the current owners have the ability to purchase, it will be released to others.

I hope so. Car expected any day now.
Electrician in house this very minute to quote me on installing 100 amp line and box in garage.
Lucid charger and Lucid bad-weather floor mats please! Just put them in the trunk when the car leaves Arizona. Why do I have to ask?

Is this the bi- directional charger?

A studio rep told me, a couple months ago, that the Lucid charger would be arriving "really soon"...

Electrician in house this very minute to quote me on installing 100 amp line and box in garage.
Lucid charger and Lucid bad-weather floor mats please! Just put them in the trunk when the car leaves Arizona. Why do I have to ask?
Which charger you are installing I am also panning to install charger. I am expecting my car next week. thank you!

Love to know your quote once you have it. Mine was $1900

Guess our sources are wrong. No end of the month or Q3 unless they manage to release it by Friday.

Looks like it’s gonna be next month, heh

I am leaving in a few minutes for the Seattle Service Center to pick up my car. I will discuss the status of the Lucid charge with the DA then and will post the response this evening or tomorrow morning.

I am leaving in a few minutes for the Seattle Service Center to pick up my car. I will discuss the status of the Lucid charge with the DA then and will post the response this evening or tomorrow morning.
Just got back with the car. The DA had no new info regarding when the bi-directional will be coming out. Soooooooon, and we get to guess what that means....
Car is amazing. Already had a group of 6 people looking at the car when my wife and I come out of the restraurant here in Bellingham. No something we are used to but the folks were real nice and inquizitive. I will write up a more detail report of getting the car and the things I learned tomorrow.

Did anyone received any emails so far?
I've subscribed to the updates but haven't got any so far.

any idea what would be needed to be installed for bidirectional charging?

any idea what would be needed to be installed for bidirectional charging?
I asked my electrician and he said you'll need a permit from the city to it.
At least San Mateo county needs one because it's a completely new thing.

I wish Lucid would start to disclose when the Bi-Directional stuff is coming. Ford has already beaten them on V2H

Sort of.. I detailed this out a bit and it actually spurred a bit of conversation internally about some things (because I love to dig up stuff lol)...

I had to backpedal some things I found out about our charger at Ford once I talked to the actual product owner of it: https://lucidowners.com/threads/lucid-bi-directional-charging-as-a-home-power-source.523/post-106629

I'm not sure if Lucid is avoiding talking about it due to the ISO standard being fresh and if they're evaluating if they need to do a proprietary solution or if they can appropriately use the open standard (that was just solidified in April 2022).

It might even be more complicated for them (like it is for us) where some vehicles/chargers may use a proprietary standard, while others move to the open standard. I have a strong feeling this is where the hang up is and they (like Ford) were expecting the standard to be established far sooner than it was.

My recommendation atm is not to buy the Lucid charger if you're interested in bi-directional charging and hold off another year before taking a serious look for a solution. Although their charger should support it, it's probably it will only support it for Lucid vehicles ever... which bites for the price.

Does it include a Utility power cut off automatically on a power outage?

Back