Lucid Gravity getting ready for Prime Time

Since Gravity is geared towards as family movers, it would be nice for Lucid to release software Easter eggs like Rivian does as in the Halloween mode, or perhaps on family holidays, etc, etc. Cool buzz are good marketing for owners.

2DBFA576-24C5-4493-B47F-A696420750B1.jpeg

Since Gravity is geared towards as family movers, it would be nice for Lucid to release software Easter eggs like Rivian does as in the Halloween mode, or perhaps on family holidays, etc, etc. Cool buzz are good marketing for owners.

Our EQS has little easter eggs at Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas.

IMG_5708.jpeg

View attachment 15810
Cool idea! Things like these make the car feel special.

I don’t care who you are, everyone loves zombies! I hope they keep going with it and do Thanksgiving and Christmas mode this year.

I agree, Lucid should do this with Gravity. Heck, they should do some fun stuff with Airs, but I suspect many people will think Lucid is too classy for that kind of thing. I would be happy with holiday themed accent and display lights during the holidays, although I’m sure that won’t ever happen.

I don’t care who you are, everyone loves zombies! I hope they keep going with it and do Thanksgiving and Christmas mode this year.

I agree, Lucid should do this with Gravity. Heck, they should do some fun stuff with Airs, but I suspect many people will think Lucid is too classy for that kind of thing. I would be happy with holiday themed accent and display lights during the holidays, although I’m sure that won’t ever happen.
Seems like a waste of resources to me.

" next gen midsize development" Great! When did they announce that? Smaller version of Gravity SUV is the one with highest volume.

I think this is great marketing for family crowd wanting a recreational vehicle.

Not my cup of tea. As hybob mentioned, it is a waste of resources, and I would certainly hate the theme on my car's screens.

Not my cup of tea. As hybob mentioned, it is a waste of resources, and I would certainly hate the theme on my car's screens.

It’s optional season parlor trick that can be option on/off.

Ok, so what deficiency is Rivian’s software team not able to address since they have “wasted their resources” on Halloween mode (which was actually developed a year ago). Go to social media abd read about how much the customers like it and then tell me it’s a waste of resources. Selling cars in 2023 is not just about 0-60 times, performance and efficiency. It’s about the experience and this is a good example of deploying the software to provide a light hearted temporary feature, which connects with their customers. It’s the fundamental difference between how Rivian interacts with their customers and how Lucid interacts, or actually doesn’t interact with theirs.

It would be a waste of resources if Lucid did this at this time, since there is a list of 10-20 basic software related issues that need to be addressed first. Rivian’s software is complete, so they have the freedom to walk and chew gum at the same time. Last month’s OTA fixed their largest issue in the R1s, which was poor ride quality. Last month it drove like a Jeep and this month it drives like a Range Rover. They have the chops to fundamentally change how the car drives and provide a bit of fun, which creates good will with their customers. The R1S has a wait list measured in years and is one of the only vehicles to not be reduced in this poor economic climate. Lucid would do well to pay attention and understand why Rivian is able to connect with their customers and succeed as they roll out the Gravity. So no, not a waste of resources but if an owner doesn’t like it, simply don’t press the button to enable it.

Ok, so what deficiency is Rivian’s software team not able to address since they have “wasted their resources” on Halloween mode (which was actually developed a year ago). Go to social media abd read about how much the customers like it and then tell me it’s a waste of resources. Selling cars in 2023 is not just about 0-60 times, performance and efficiency. It’s about the experience and this is a good example of deploying the software to provide a light hearted temporary feature, which connects with their customers. It’s the fundamental difference between how Rivian interacts with their customers and how Lucid interacts, or actually doesn’t interact with theirs.

It would be a waste of resources if Lucid did this at this time, since there is a list of 10-20 basic software related issues that need to be addressed first. Rivian’s software is complete, so they have the freedom to walk and chew gum at the same time. Last month’s OTA fixed their largest issue in the R1s, which was poor ride quality. Last month it drove like a Jeep and this month it drives like a Range Rover. They have the chops to fundamentally change how the car drives and provide a bit of fun, which creates good will with their customers. The R1S has a wait list measured in years and is one of the only vehicles to not be reduced in this poor economic climate. Lucid would do well to pay attention and understand why Rivian is able to connect with their customers and succeed as they roll out the Gravity. So no, not a waste of resources but if an owner doesn’t like it, simply don’t press the button to enable it.
Glad you agree it's a waste 😁. Rivians wait-list is years long because there are no good alternatives available for their products. The R1S has only 1 rival currently and it's the crappy EQS. The R1T can be had in a week. I expect the R1S wait-list to drop significantly once the EV7 and Ioniq 7 come to market.

Choose 1. Halloween mode or a new homelink interface. 😁
Are you aware that Rivian provided a geofenced 1-rouch Homelink interface month’s ago? Still waiting for Lucid to 100% copy it, because it solved the same problem we have.

Glad you agree it's a waste 😁. Rivians wait-list is years long because there are no good alternatives available for their products. The R1S has only 1 rival currently and it's the crappy EQS. The R1T can be had in a week. I expect the R1S wait-list to drop significantly once the EV7 and Ioniq 7 come to market.
I love consensus. Glad we agree that it is awesome but would be a waste of resources for Lucid to copy it. 🙃

Interesting that you didn’t include the Gravity in that list of SUVs that will cut into R1S sales? Like it or not, the R1S is the Gravity’s competitor, the same way the MS is the Air’s competitor, even though Lucid doesn’t like to admit it. Fight the war you are in, not the one you want.

… It’s the fundamental difference between how Rivian interacts with their customers and how Lucid interacts, or actually doesn’t interact with theirs.

Rivian has even open Venus hub in LA to have sessions for customers to ask questions and to make suggestions to software team. IMO, celebrities who respect and appreciate fans gets further fandom. (Dwayne Johnson, George Clooney, Keanu Reece, etc)

Rivian’s software is complete, so they have the freedom to walk and chew gum at the same time. Last month’s OTA fixed their largest issue in the R1s, which was poor ride quality. Last month it drove like a Jeep and this month it drives like a Range Rover. They have the chops to fundamentally change how the car drives and provide a bit of fun, which creates good will with their customers. The R1S has a wait list measured in years and is one of the only vehicles to not be reduced in this poor economic climate. Lucid would do well to pay attention and understand why Rivian is able to connect with their customers and succeed as they roll out the Gravity. So no, not a waste of resources but if an owner doesn’t like it, simply don’t press the button to enable it.

They have many OTA made quite a stride every month, but I wouldn’t say it’s complete. 😂 it’s never complete, but I would said they have most software features behind Tesla and Mercedes.

It cringes me when I hear Tesla fanbois saying “Rivian just keep copying Tesla software”, or “Rivian drivetrain is not efficient”. Rivian doesn’t boast anything, they just keep grinding and have improve their EV with richer experience post-delivery. Software satisfaction is really part of overall package. 0-60 acceleration is mostly for enthusiasts. Building car business isn’t necessarily all about engineering the best cars, it’s about making profit from building cars that sells. Performance enthusiasts is just tiny segment, the biggest segment is Generation Y and Z who own plenty of smartphones and tablets. That segment wants computer on wheels with growing apps. Tesla achieved that being IBM of EVs, Rivian is trying to be Apple of EV at this point. Lucid can evaluate Rivian’s corporate strategies rather than dismiss them as EV with inferior drivetrain efficiency.

Rivian has even open Venus hub in LA to have sessions for customers to ask questions and to make suggestions to software team. IMO, celebrities who respect and appreciate fans gets further fandom. (Dwayne Johnson, George Clooney, Keanu Reece, etc)

They have many OTA made quite a stride every month, but I wouldn’t say it’s complete. 😂 it’s never complete, but I would said they have most software features behind Tesla and Mercedes.
I let me clarify what I meant by complete. All the basics are there. The interface is rock solid and the music never drops out. I’ve only had to do a reset once in the time that I’ve owned it. The driver’s assistance works exactly as designed, every single time. The incorporation of ABRP means that when I start my drive, I know exactly how much range I’m going to get, almost to the mile. I can go on and on, but the point is that there are no real WTFs in the software.

There is no question that they are going to continue to make improvements and bring massive enhancements on a monthly basis, as they have done every month.

I let me clarify what I meant by complete. All the basics are there. The interface is rock solid and the music never drops out. I’ve only had to do a reset once in the time that I’ve owned it. The driver’s assistance works exactly as designed, every single time. The incorporation of ABRP means that when I start my drive, I know exactly how much range I’m going to get, almost to the mile. I can go on and on, but the point is that there are no real WTFs in the software.

There is no question that they are going to continue to make improvements and bring massive enhancements on a monthly basis, as they have done every month.
For me, it's not complete until they add CarPlay. I otherwise like the truck, but the absence of CarPlay takes it out of the running.

Back