Lucid Gravity getting ready for Prime Time

For me me, not complete until they add CarPlay. I otherwise like the truck, but the absence of CarPlay take it out of the running.
There are a lot of people who want it, but I don’t miss it in this car the way I needed it in the Lucid. For me the only big differences between the native software and CarPlay is that text messages don’t display on the screen and there is no way to use Waze. I prefer the native ABRP for navigation and don’t like my passengers to read my text messages. Calling and Siri commands are through the integrated Bluetooth, by saying “hey siri”.

The one thing that would make the R1S music experience better would be the implementation of external media through the USB port. I heard a rumor that it’s in the works.

There are a lot of people who want it, but I don’t miss it in this car the way I needed it in the Lucid. For me the only big differences between the native software and CarPlay is that text messages don’t display on the screen and there is no way to use Waze. I prefer the native ABRP for navigation and don’t like my passengers to read my text messages. Calling and Siri commands are through the integrated Bluetooth, by saying “hey siri”.

The one thing that would make the R1S music experience better would be the implementation of external media through the USB port. I heard a rumor that it’s in the works.
Messaging is important but I like the way that navigation interfaces with my Calendar on CarPlay. I use it all the time. Does the Rivian allow you to view your calendar?

Messaging is important but I like the way that navigation interfaces with my Calendar on CarPlay. I use it all the time. Does the Rivian allow you to view your calendar?
I don’t think so, it’s just reminders, texts and voice calls through “hey siri”.

Now that I think about it, I like CarPlay’s navigation prediction based on the direction of the car and past navigation commands.

Fine, CarPlay would be good as a feature. I just happen to like the native UX, mostly because of the integration of ABRP.

I like the overall look and feel of Rivian software. I think their range estimation is pretty accurate, but I get annoyed couldn’t add waypoint in navigation like I do with Lucid Air.

Both cars can’t customize RGB of ambient light, Rivian only has white, Lucid only has 6 preset. Both cannot do video streaming at the moment. I think as a luxury feature, video display in backseats is important like Mercedes GLE. I hope Gravity will address that.

The Air is huge to me. I can't imagine rolling around in a Gravity. I keep asking myself what would my life have to be for me to get one.

Can I fill starting lineup with just my kids? How many dogs would i have? Do I transport dignitaries or other monied people? Is parallel parking no longer a thing in my life? Do I spend my days flexing on other SUVs at Home Depot?

Wild.
Definitely all the dogs, and flexing on other SUV’s! I’d say parking , but it’ll probably park itself for you ;)

Both cars can’t customize RGB of ambient light, Rivian only has white, Lucid only has 6 preset. Both cannot do video streaming at the moment. I think as a luxury feature, video display in backseats is important like Mercedes GLE. I hope Gravity will address that.
I can’t figure out why Rivian doesn’t include full time ambient lighting options, when we know that they have the ability.

I can’t figure out why Rivian doesn’t include full time ambient lighting options, when we know that they have the ability.
Because they made Halloween mode instead 🤣

Can I think about it? OK, I thought about it, homelink please. 😆

But both would be better.
Not exactly a Sophie’s Choice. I don’t think @hydbob is up on Rivian current events.

Score one for team Drendino!

Attachments

• IMG_1650.jpeg
    IMG_1650.jpeg
    726.8 KB · Views: 88
Not exactly a Sophie’s Choice. I don’t think @hydbob is up on Rivian current events.

Score one for team Drendino!
I am not admittedly. After I cancelled my two reservations I stopped paying attention.

I wish everyone would stop comparing Lucid and Rivians considering 2,000 employees vs 14,000
To be fair, that’s on them. It’s kind of like saying a basketball player is only good because he’s tall. That may be true, but it’s part of him as a player!

I wish everyone would stop comparing Lucid and Rivians considering 2,000 employees vs 14,000
They should hire more then to make better software. Why shouldn't we compare, and demand that a company be at least as good as another company in the same space?

They should hire more then to make better software. Why shouldn't we compare, and demand that a company be at least as good as another company in the same space?
So are we also demanding Rivians make their motors as efficient as Lucid? Or maybe Tesla should improve their motor efficiency and NVH in their cars? Each company is doing things their own way. I say...

Let it be, let it be, let it be, let it be
Whisper words of wisdom, let it be

Please read the guidelines.

For me, it's not complete until they add CarPlay. I otherwise like the truck, but the absence of CarPlay takes it out of the running.
Yeah, like Lucid not having Android Auto would make me think twice about buying one. :eek:

So are we also demanding Rivians make their motors as efficient as Lucid? Or maybe Tesla should improve their motor efficiency and NVH in their cars? Each company is doing things their own way. I say...

Let it be, let it be, let it be, let it be
Whisper words of wisdom, let it be
Yes, why not? If someone else can do something better, we should hope that others try to be better (not to match them necessarily but to get closer). That's how progress happens. I do wish Rivian will be more efficient in the future, and Tesla more luxurious. That's how competition works. I'm not saying we shouldn't buy X because Y is better, but hope that X gets closer to Y is human nature. Especially with software, I don't think it's too much to ask to hope that the UX get much better. I still love my car, but I'm not blind to it's faults and not a "Lucid-stan". To discount others because they want Lucid to be better is wrong. We have our opinion and you have yours :)

Which is going back to the thread, yes I hope the gravity will have better software (which hopefully will trickle down to the my Air)

Back