Lucid-EA connection failure?

As best I can tell the problems I was having with EA in Goleta and Paso Robles were caused by EA offering "free" charging to everybody during their upgrade project. Apparently the fact it was free to everybody caused a negative interaction with Lucid's free three year plan. Kyle on Out Of Spec Reviews just had the same problem when he tried to charge but they figured out how to disconnect the Lucid "free" plan and then the EA charger did work.
However, since I've been home my local EA charger continues to work just fine.

I was charging at EA at hartsdale and checked my app to find charging stopped 5-10 min in. I came out and there was a guy on the other side of the charger trying to charge his VW. ( perhaps that tripped it) I got it to start up again but it was only charging at 70 kWh. I told the fellow since there was also another person waiting that I would charge to 40 % and give him the charger. It said “stopped charging “again but I still had a green light on the port and could not disengage. I had to get out lock the car to get the cord out after a few attempts. Very frustrating.

I have actually the opposite of what you experienced. All the EA complimentary stations connect wIthout any issues and I even get a faster connection than non-complimentary ones. I was at Valleyfair mall yesteray and they’re complimentary connected without any issues. So far, I have done the complimentary at Stanford mall, Valleyfair and Gilroy Outlets.

I have actually the opposite of what you experienced. All the EA complimentary stations connect wIthout any issues and I even get a faster connection than non-complimentary ones. I was at Valleyfair mall yesteray and they’re complimentary connected without any issues. So far, I have done the complimentary at Stanford mall, Valleyfair and Gilroy Outlets.
When you say "complimentary" do you mean the standard "free" Lucid three year complimentary charging or are you referring to the new temporary EA free for all charging during their upgrading program?

When you say "complimentary" do you mean the standard "free" Lucid three year complimentary charging or are you referring to the new temporary EA free for all charging during their upgrading program?
It was the "free for all" EA temporary situation that apparently was causing my problems. Since I've returned my local EA charger is working just the same as it did before my trip.

I had appointment with local Lucid technician regarding difficulty charging, tried numerous things including manual release of charger cable which is under the frunk just above the charge port, did a 12 volt battery reset and checked everything else out. Went to both EA and Evgo fast chargers and again was unable to connect. Came home and attempted to charge using the Lucid mobile charger cable and it would not charge which was quite strange as I had charged earlier in the day. Bottom line is that they are coming for my car next week to be taken to Costa Mesa and hopefully will get it back by the weekend. Fortunately, I will be away next week so need for a loaner car. A couple of things I learned over the weekend, even if the driver's door is open the car can go to sleep and you will not be able to remove the charger until you unlock the car with the keyfob. I assumed that if the door was open the car would not go to sleep but I was wrong. Also when entering the car if it is not at the saved profile settings, you can just go to seats and press restore and it will revert to your settings. I did get window tinting 70 on windshield and front side windows and 35 on rear passenger windows and rear window and I have noted an appreciable difference in the inside temperature of the car, so for those thinking of tinting, I would recommend it. ( XPEL Prime XR Plus)

Sorry.. by complimentary I mean when the EA charging station says on it Complimentary…. So anyone plugging into is free

I did have a hard time ONCE getting any of the EA stations (not complimentary) to connect to my car , I was down to 50 miles so I paid $20 to get it to charge. I didnt reach out to Lucid for any reimbursements as I know the car will have its issues. I think it is funny to be reimbursed $20 when I just spent over $144k to buy a car 🤷🏻‍♂️

Last edited:
does anyone have the “Electrify America” button in their app?

Attachments

• 97B2FD1F-3127-4FB2-A3AE-4C8F3837ED9D.png
    97B2FD1F-3127-4FB2-A3AE-4C8F3837ED9D.png
    811.6 KB · Views: 95
does anyone have the “Electrify America” button in their app?
It only shows up when you are plugged into an EA charger. You will only ever have to hit in the off chance that “plug and charge” doesn’t automatically work.

It only shows up when you are plugged into an EA charger. You will only ever have to hit in the off chance that “plug and charge” doesn’t automatically work.
Yea I kept trying to find it while standing in front of an EA charger that kept giving me a connection error, but it never came up in the app.

Local EA is super packed, it is now a place for ICE owners to check out EVS since you cannot easily go to dealership to test drive one of these online order cars. Some of EA stations like this is just too small for only 4 stalls. There were also EV6, Ioniq5, Taycan waiting in line for these 4 stalls.

Before I was pissed bc ICE or Tesla were blocking the stalls, now I only pass thru the station to check out other EVs myself and not seeing nonsense anymore.

My wife told me she saw Rivian R1S, it is still illusive to me. But I did found 1 Tesla engineer coming from Austin Gigafactory driving R1T favor his McLaren. He was nice enough to demonstrate his R1T to me. Quad motors with 2.8 sec 0-60 mph as he claimed, is that even legal for truck?

E6B341FA-532D-4A7C-94BC-F3B718019C54.jpeg

Yea I kept trying to find it while standing in front of an EA charger that kept giving me a connection error, but it never came up in the app.
Aside from EA upgrade, I wonder if might be recent Lucid upgrade as well.

Has anyone had a problem getting their Lucid to charge at an EA charger due to Lucid not connecting with EA?

I was at an EA site, and 4 of 4 chargers had charge connection issues so that I got a “charging stopped” message and “charging session failure“ message from the EA chargers. This occurred usually a few seconds into the charging session. I called EA customer service, which reset the chargers remotely and also tried remote starting a charging session but the problem persisted. We tried for about 45 minutes to get one of the chargers to work but no dice. The EA rep noted that the chargers had been in use all day without any difficulty, and they showed a normal operating status. I then tried paying for a charging session with a credit card, but that didn’t work either.

In the meantime, a Rivian pulled up and used one of the chargers that I had tried without any difficulty. After the Rivian’s owner’s kid took lots of pictures of my Lucid, I drove to a nearby Chargepoint site and charged the car without any difficulty.

As 4 of 4 EA chargers didn’t work and the Rivian charged without a problem, I can only guess that the problem is with Lucid’s connection with EA. Has anyone experienced this?
Just tried charging at EA today and tried 4 different stations and EA even reset the station. Keep getting authentication error and to unplug and plug back in. So went home. Then decided to try another charging network by Florida Power and Light called Evolution. Downloaded app, set up account with CC, and started a session. Plugged in and got the same connection error. So issue is with car. Did you ever figure out what happened Lucid is supposed to send someone down to look at car.

I just tried charging at EA for the first time and received connection error, I disconnected and reconnected several times and still got the error. Called EA and they reset the charger remotely but still got error. Called Lucid and basically they told me the same thing, connect and reconnect which did not work. Told me to try EVgo which was nearby, I set up an account but once again had difficulty connecting to the charger. They will be sending mobile service to see what the issue is. In the mean time will continue to charge at home using Lucid mobile charger
Same thing with me at EA, spent 40 minutes at 4 different stations and no good. Went to another charging station from FPL, set up app and credit card, and tried to initiate session and same connection error, tried two different stations there and same error on my app, Authentication error, unplug and plugin. I did this 4 times and nothing worked. Called Lucid and they are supposed to send someone. Wanted to know if they figured out the issue on your car? I figure it has to be the car since I tried two different charging networks.

Possible new OTA causing handshake error with charging station if not EA’s issue?

Yeah it’s so hard to tell because EA is so terrible lately. At my local EA last on 9/18 I charged on a 150kw but both 350k either wouldn’t initiate a charge or failed two minutes into the charge after multiple attempts. I got the 150kw one to work with normal plug & charge using the second cable (the first one wouldn’t work). On 9/27 I charged successfully on an EVGo 350kw first attempt using their app, but that was a day before the 1.2.21 update. But then Kyle Connor in his video hit 351kw on the newest EA charger a few days ago and he did plug and charge just fine on a few others on his road trip. I think it’s both Lucid and EAs fault, neither seems to have a handle on software stability.

Yeah it’s so hard to tell because EA is so terrible lately. At my local EA last on 9/18 I charged on a 150kw but both 350k either wouldn’t initiate a charge or failed two minutes into the charge after multiple attempts. I got the 150kw one to work with normal plug & charge using the second cable (the first one wouldn’t work). On 9/27 I charged successfully on an EVGo 350kw first attempt using their app, but that was a day before the 1.2.21 update. But then Kyle Connor in his video hit 351kw on the newest EA charger a few days ago and he did plug and charge just fine on a few others on his road trip. I think it’s both Lucid and EAs fault, neither seems to have a handle on software stability.
Yes, I haven’t charged my AGT at EA in 5 weeks since I got my L2 home charger. I’ve seen people complained about not able to connect to EA bc free EA day. But yesterday passing thru EA station, I see other brands getting complimentary 2 years EA charge are connecting just fine.

I did see the part in the Ouf of Spec video where he almost got stranded at 3% SOC in Salinas Utah. It took him an hour on the phone with both EA and Lucid to get it to work, that was after the 1.2.21 update, plus the EA station was offering free charging so he was thinking EA complementary was making it not recognize Lucid plug and charge, so like I said, EA and Lucid are not the best at software so put them together and it could be trouble. But then he goes and sets a kW record at the new EA charger in Colorado on the first try, go figure.

I did see the part in the Ouf of Spec video where he almost got stranded at 3% SOC in Salinas Utah. It took him an hour on the phone with both EA and Lucid to get it to work, that was after the 1.2.21 update, plus the EA station was offering free charging so he was thinking EA complementary was making it not recognize Lucid plug and charge, so like I said, EA and Lucid are not the best at software so put them together and it could be trouble. But then he goes and sets a kW record at the new EA charger in Colorado on the first try, go figure.
That was this video I just saw. I think some parameters changed in 1.2.21 OTA update affected handshake between stall and AGT. I’m sure VW and Lucid later sorted out, now there shouldn’t be issue anymore.

Back