Lucid Creature of Comfort Review - Out Of Spec Dave

I'm finding his series of reviews of the Air very similar on many points (not all) to what I would say about the car's high and low points. I particularly agreed with his and his wife's conclusions at 45:00 about the build quality of the Air compared to the Model S.

We are on our second Model S (a 2021 Plaid) and our second Lucid Air (the first having been totaled in a wreck). Both Airs trounced both Teslas in build quality. Our 2021 Model S was delivered with more fit and finish issues than our Airs -- indeed, with more fit and finish issues than even our earlier 2015 Model S. (However, two years later that car did have a weld break in the battery pack that took out the pack and the rear drive unit.)

Our first Air had almost 17,000 miles on it when wrecked. Up to that point, the body remained quiet and rock solid, while the Tesla had begun to develop a growing chorus of squeaks and groans before the 10,000-mile mark.

And the wreck that totaled the Air confined all damage to the front crush zone. Except for all the airbags deploying, nothing aft of the A pillar was affected at all. I looked over the door gaps while we were waiting for the tow truck, and everything remained in alignment.

Terrific review of pros and enhancement suggestions.
Lol, hearing him and Kathy talking about features...feels exactly like this forum.

Back