Lucid Connected Home Charging Station status updates

Ideally, there should be one on each side.
True dat

I am waiting for the lucid 80A charger (to support V2H) … and will then engage an electrician. Explain my needs, and I can see it being a 14-50 one side (for the wallplug I already have) and the lucid the other side. Downside this involves a new sub panel in the garage, and new wiring to the main panels, which I can then see needing to be updated.

I am considering some of the smart panels you can now get. Does anybody have experience with the likes of
Or

One disadvantage is reliability. A standard panel essentially lasts as long as the house with no or only little repair work. A smart panel could fail such that you loose all circuits at once and the electrician may not be available in a few days and then may not have spare parts in stock or not understanding the electronics but have to replace to a standard panel.

I am having the recommended wire ran for the Lucid EVSE. What I am waiting for is the transfer switch info. How is Lucid Air triggered to send power? Anyone heard anything?

I am having the recommended wire ran for the Lucid EVSE. What I am waiting for is the transfer switch info. How is Lucid Air triggered to send power? Anyone heard anything?
I doubt we will hear anything until they actually release the LCHCS and even then, maybe nothing until they enable V2H on the Air

I doubt we will hear anything until they actually release the LCHCS and even then, maybe nothing until they enable V2H on the Air
I would hope that the release of the charger coincides with an OTA update to the Air to enable it.

They are potentially creating issues for owners if low voltage communication wire has to be run!!!

I got this information last week. The wall charger is $1,200, but it's rated for up to 100 amps (hard-wired of course). It can be wired for 50 amps with a NEMA 14-50 plug. The unit is bi-directional. I have no clue on how this is enabled, but I'll bet it will require additional hardware, like a transfer switch of some kind. It won't be as simple as installing a ChargePoint+ or JuiceBox which are not bi-directional.
The bidirectional portion is the only part I’m interested in. The charger will need an inverter and I would like to know the cost of that setup alongside if I can use my existing inverters for my power walls/solar panels. I have absolutely no insight into compatibility there.

The bidirectional portion is the only part I’m interested in. The charger will need an inverter and I would like to know the cost of that setup alongside if I can use my existing inverters for my power walls/solar panels. I have absolutely no insight into compatibility there.
I thought the car's Wunderbox also serves as an inverter.

I thought the car's Wunderbox also serves as an inverter.
Inside the car it would. There does need to be a setup for the charger itself to feed to/ from the grid though and some connections that are split between incoming/outgoing electricity. It’s definitely different than just a vanilla charger. I believe regulation might also require a cut off switch as well.

It’s no different than having batteries/solar panels installed and more equipment will likely be needed unless some strange voodoo exists somewhere. Remember, the charge is bidirectional for ANY EV that supports the standard.

This might give you some insight into what’s needed:

I'm interested in it to potentially avoid buying solar. If I can run the house off the car including the A/C during summer for example it saves me dropping $50K on solar where the ROI is 10 years. Just need Lucid to release it and discuss with an electrician what my options are.

Inside the car it would. There does need to be a setup for the charger itself to feed to/ from the grid though and some connections that are split between incoming/outgoing electricity. It’s definitely different than just a vanilla charger. I believe regulation might also require a cut off switch as well.

It’s no different than having batteries/solar panels installed and more equipment will likely be needed unless some strange voodoo exists somewhere. Remember, the charge is bidirectional for ANY EV that supports the standard.

This might give you some insight into what’s needed:
I thought the Wunderbox would be able to convert from DC to AC before sending it back to the house? Isn't that whole point?

That's my concern about the missing low voltage in literature, maybe Ethernet connection. When power goes out something (usually transfer switch) sends signal for power to be sent or generator to start.

I thought I would share pics of what I have installed in garage as phase I. This allows for the panel to have an 80a breaker and 4/3 wire.
20220616_221439.jpg

20220616_221450.jpg

I'm interested in it to potentially avoid buying solar. If I can run the house off the car including the A/C during summer for example it saves me dropping $50K on solar where the ROI is 10 years. Just need Lucid to release it and discuss with an electrician what my options are.
One thing you might consider is a loan for your solar system that produces more power than you will use but cost you less money than you are currently paying your provider.

Back