• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

RESOLVED Lucid charging started and stopped notification

I've had exactly the same problem with my Touring for the last month or two, and never prior to that . My car is always plugged into a level 2 charger in my parking garage, with the charge limit set to 80%. Over the last month, the car has been initiating roughly 20-second long charging sessions every 20-30 minutes, all day and all night, with notifications coming to my app. It hasn't done this previously. I texted customer care and I got the following things to try:
  • Set the charging limit to a lower level for 90-120 minutes and then bring it back up to my original level (80%). See if the notifications continue. They did.
  • Unplug the car and plug it back in. See if the notifications continue. They did.
  • Reset the infotainment system by pressing the Air logo for 10-15 seconds. See if the notifications continue. I haven't tried this yet since my car is parked about a 20 minute walk away.
Customer care seemed pretty confused by the problem. After a while, they elevated it to the App department since they thought it was an app problem, but I informed them that these were not phantom charging sessions being recorded by the app - the car is actually charging (i saw it happen while I was in the garage). Hearing that, they seemed to change their tune. No service appointment as yet, and no answer from Lucid as to whether this behavior is unusual and/or harmful in any way to the battery and the car.

This problem is distinct from the other problem on this thread, that the car stops charging before reaching its charging limit. If anyone has any ideas or has heard more from Lucid, I'd love to hear it.
This has been discussed here on the forum numerous times. It boils down to three possibilities: your charger, the cable, or the car. Before calling customer service it’s a good idea to try to narrow it down. Perhaps use a friend’s charger and see if it has the same behavior. Many have found it to be an increased sensitivity the car has to poorly designed, installed, or selected outlets and wiring. Many have a tendency to call customer service as their first line of defense, but I have found you can get much better results if you do a little detective work first.

I've had exactly the same problem with my Touring for the last month or two, and never prior to that . My car is always plugged into a level 2 charger in my parking garage, with the charge limit set to 80%. Over the last month, the car has been initiating roughly 20-second long charging sessions every 20-30 minutes, all day and all night, with notifications coming to my app. It hasn't done this previously. I texted customer care and I got the following things to try:
  • Set the charging limit to a lower level for 90-120 minutes and then bring it back up to my original level (80%). See if the notifications continue. They did.
  • Unplug the car and plug it back in. See if the notifications continue. They did.
  • Reset the infotainment system by pressing the Air logo for 10-15 seconds. See if the notifications continue. I haven't tried this yet since my car is parked about a 20 minute walk away.
Customer care seemed pretty confused by the problem. After a while, they elevated it to the App department since they thought it was an app problem, but I informed them that these were not phantom charging sessions being recorded by the app - the car is actually charging (i saw it happen while I was in the garage). Hearing that, they seemed to change their tune. No service appointment as yet, and no answer from Lucid as to whether this behavior is unusual and/or harmful in any way to the battery and the car.

This problem is distinct from the other problem on this thread, that the car stops charging before reaching its charging limit. If anyone has any ideas or has heard more from Lucid, I'd love to hear it.
This sounds like something is waking your car up every 20 to 30 minutes. Since the prior charge took it to 80% and there is always a bit a phantom drain, when the car wakes up it will charge again to 80%. I think it should allow for some loss, like 1%, before starting to charge again. I also have no idea what would wake your car up a 20 minute walk away. Do you leave a fob near the car in the garage?

This has been discussed here on the forum numerous times. It boils down to three possibilities: your charger, the cable, or the car. Before calling customer service it’s a good idea to try to narrow it down. Perhaps use a friend’s charger and see if it has the same behavior. Many have found it to be an increased sensitivity the car has two poorly designed, installed, or selected outlets and wiring. Many have a tendency to call customer service as their first line of defense, but I have found you can get much better results if you do a little detective work first.
Thanks Bobby, I will try to narrow it down. It's just a challenge for me given that I park in a garage about 20 minutes walking from my apartment, so I have limited options when it comes to trying different level 2 chargers that I know to work. Since the garage installed and owns the level 2 charger that is dedicated to me (it is hardwired), I don't have the ability to really fiddle around with it or do my own investigations. But I will see if I can come up with some creative ways to get to an answer.

This sounds like something is waking your car up every 20 to 30 minutes. Since the prior charge took it to 80% and there is always a bit a phantom drain, when the car wakes up it will charge again to 80%. I think it should allow for some loss, like 1%, before starting to charge again. I also have no idea what would wake your car up a 20 minute walk away. Do you leave a fob near the car in the garage?
Previously, the only time the car would start a fresh charge to top itself off was when I opened the app and woke up the vehicle. Now it's doing it on its own. I do not leave a fob near the car - we use our phones as keys and the fobs and cards live in my apartment, a mile away!

Thanks Bobby, I will try to narrow it down. It's just a challenge for me given that I park in a garage about 20 minutes walking from my apartment, so I have limited options when it comes to trying different level 2 chargers that I know to work. Since the garage installed and owns the level 2 charger that is dedicated to me (it is hardwired), I don't have the ability to really fiddle around with it or do my own investigations. But I will see if I can come up with some creative ways to get to an answer.
Its not the plug since it's hardwired. What lvl2 evse are you using?

I am having the same issue. Car seems to want to top up the charge every time it falls by 1% triggering an alert on the phone when charging is complete. If I use the car and need to charge it, I do not get an alert until the car has fully charged. If it were an outlet issue causing intermittent charging then charging from say 50% to 80% would result in stops/starts and that is not happening. I just turned off charging complete alerts on my phone. Seems like Lucid should provide a bigger buffer before charging starts, maybe 5% instead of 1%.

Its not the plug since it's hardwired. What lvl2 evse are you using?
My garage installed a ClipperCreek (enphase) HCS EVSE. Seems like @par11768 and @Wbo are having the same issue that I'm having.

Sounds like a software bug. Haven't had mine trigger that many warnings after it completed charging. Using a hardwired Lucid EVSE

My garage installed a ClipperCreek (enphase) HCS EVSE. Seems like @par11768 and @Wbo are having the same issue that I'm having.
I am using a ClipperCreek charger. Not sure that is the issue because if I charge from say 50% to 80%, I do not get these non stop announcements, only when fully charged it seems to keep topping up the charge. Seems like something is waking up the car and it sees it is not quite at 80%, charges for a minute then gives a charging complete notification.

I am using a ClipperCreek charger. Not sure that is the issue because if I charge from say 50% to 80%, I do not get these non stop announcements, only when fully charged it seems to keep topping up the charge. Seems like something is waking up the car and it sees it is not quite at 80%, charges for a minute then gives a charging complete notification.
Normal behavior. You told the car to charge to 80. If it drops down to just 79% because of some phantom drain or the car waking up by app usage, it will top off. To avoid this, you can always back the charge limit down to a lower number, say 75, after it reaches 80. Or just unplug. Also, many of us have found that turning off Wi-Fi will reduce the battery usage while sleeping.

My Touring was doing the same thing. I was using the charging cable that came with the car. It stopped in the middle of the night and didn't restart charging on its own. I used the app but it would happen multiple times like that. While speaking with customer service, I charged it during the day and saw the red light on the Lucid charger come on. The agent said to stop charging and take the plug out of the 240 socket. Said it was overheating. My electrician cam eto the house and said he has seen those smaller cable chargers overheat before. Installed a Wallbox charger. Chargers faster than the Lucid car cble but we will see how it goes.

This has been discussed here on the forum numerous times. It boils down to three possibilities: your charger, the cable, or the car. Before calling customer service it’s a good idea to try to narrow it down. Perhaps use a friend’s charger and see if it has the same behavior. Many have found it to be an increased sensitivity the car has two poorly designed, installed, or selected outlets and wiring. Many have a tendency to call customer service as their first line of defense, but I have found you can get much better results if you do a little detective work first.
I was ultimately able to get to the car to reset the infotainment system, as advised by Lucid, and that did not solve the problem. I then unplugged the car from my hardwired EVSE and used the Lucid-provided charger in a 240V outlet. The car continued to give me very frequent notifications of short charging sessions. As such, I was able to rule out the charger, outlet, or cable as being the problem, leaving only the car.

This past weekend, my wife took the car on a fairly long trip, coming home after covering roughly 300 miles with 5% battery remaining. She plugged it in using our hardwired EVSE. It charged directly to the 80% charging limit without interruption, and the rapid-fire charging notifications have NOT returned since then. I'm at a loss to explain why, but I'm glad that they've stopped for now at least!

I’m away for over a month and left the car in my garage plugged in. I’m now getting a message every ten minutes that the car has started charging and then finished charging. Tried lowering the charging level from 80% to 50% but that didn’t help — just got a message that “the current charging level is below the charge.” Lucid said to just turn off notifications which I tried in settings>push notifications but the messages keep coming. Any thoughts ?

I’m away for over a month and left the car in my garage plugged in. I’m now getting a message every ten minutes that the car has started charging and then finished charging. Tried lowering the charging level from 80% to 50% but that didn’t help — just got a message that “the current charging level is below the charge.” Lucid said to just turn off notifications which I tried in settings>push notifications but the messages keep coming. Any thoughts ?
Thank you for sharing, @Paul2231. I just sent you a DM.

I'm not sure whether or not my issue falls into the same category, but I've been getting similar messages, but only ones saying that the charging completed. They were fairly frequent, although I didn't track how many I got in any given hour. I changed the threshold from 80% down to a lot lower, meaning that it wouldn't realistically drop that low due to phantom drain, and it didn't fix the problem. The charge was well above the threshold whenever the message came up.

I was away for the past few days without the car, and the car was plugged in while I was gone, and I didn't have the problem. I might have gotten a message or possibly two over several days, but nothing like what was happening before, so I wouldn't rule out that something waking the car when I was home was part of the issue. And I'm less inclined to think that it has to do with what it's plugged into, given the difference I behavior when I was away.

Is getting only "completed" messages a fundamentally different issue, and is there some sort of explanation?

Back