Lucid app and iOS

copper

Verified Owner
Cars
Lucid Air Grand Touring
For current drivers, have any of you tested out using iOS shortcuts or Siri with the lucid app? I’m curious if you can automate the climate control or use Siri to activate certain features, such as “Hey Siri, warm up the car” to get it to temp on a cold morning.

I haven’t tested it, but here is what the Lucid app support (attached)

Attachments

• 6023E534-EC78-4CBC-A6A6-9058909BB11B.png
    6023E534-EC78-4CBC-A6A6-9058909BB11B.png
    400.6 KB · Views: 286
  • 5AAF0726-9464-4B6A-815E-194EB3E5D2AB.png
    5AAF0726-9464-4B6A-815E-194EB3E5D2AB.png
    278.1 KB · Views: 278

I just tested the “how much charge does my car have” command - it asked me whether I meant Lucid or Tesla (I have Powerwalls so I have the Tesla app) and then immediately answered me when I tapped Lucid. Very neat!

Thanks! Looks like you can control the climate and probably works with shortcuts.

I love having my car to temp before going so this is a bonus. Just have to get them to add the seat heating/cooling :D

Thanks! Looks like you can control the climate and probably works with shortcuts.

I love having my car to temp before going so this is a bonus. Just have to get them to add the seat heating/cooling :D

All of the “customized commands” in the second screen are iOS shortcuts :)

IOS has a lot more functionality that Android. For us lowly humans we have to route it through Google...
Screenshot_20220218-122214_Lucid.jpg

The default commands can be ambiguous if you have more than one car that responds to Siri Shortcuts. What I did was change the default behavior by including the word Lucid:

9A685763-DC48-4A8C-95BA-1E2B02AF1B5B_1_201_a.jpeg

The default commands can be ambiguous if you have more than one car that responds to Siri Shortcuts. What I did was change the default behavior by including the word Lucid:

View attachment 878
I think you’ll have to run a master class - my attempts at setting up shortcuts ended in spectacular failure (no lucid - so haven’t tried any of these - yet)

I think you’ll have to run a master class - my attempts at setting up shortcuts ended in spectacular failure (no lucid - so haven’t tried any of these - yet)
These ones are easy to set up, because they are listed in the Lucid app. You just click the + sign and then the shortcut is added and allows you to edit the phrase.

I just tested the “how much charge does my car have” command - it asked me whether I meant Lucid or Tesla (I have Powerwalls so I have the Tesla app) and then immediately answered me when I tapped Lucid. Very neat!
Each time I do this, or similar commends, I'm asked to confirm it's for my Lucid Air. Has anyone figured out a way to bypass this confirmation step? I have no other cars.
IMG_3554.jpg

Each time I do this, or similar commends, I'm asked to confirm it's for my Lucid Air. Has anyone figured out a way to bypass this confirmation step? I have no other cars.View attachment 7728
Yes. In the shortcuts app, find this shortcut, and edit it. You should be able to tap where it says "CAR" and replace that with your Air. After that, it should stop bugging you to confirm which car.

For reference. This should be doable for any of the available shortcuts in the Lucid app.

IMG_1270.jpeg

IMG_1269.jpeg

IMG_1268.jpeg

That's fantastic, thanks! I've now changed those I have in the Shortcuts app.. What I can't find in Shortcuts are commands such as "How much charge does my car have?" and "Lock my car". It seems those were default commands, while the others (those that I can see in the Shortcuts app.) are those I manually added.

Are those located somewhere else? I can't figure out how to, for example, change the "Lock my car", from "car" to "Lucid Air".

Attachments

• Turn On Climate.jpg
    Turn On Climate.jpg
    175.2 KB · Views: 58
That's fantastic, thanks! I've now changed those I have in the Shortcuts app.. What I can't find in Shortcuts are commands such as "How much charge does my car have?" and "Lock my car". It seems those were default commands, while the others (those that I can see in the Shortcuts app.) are those I manually added.

Are those located somewhere else? I can't figure out how to, for example, change the "Lock my car", from "car" to "Lucid Air".
Weird. Yeah, I see what you mean. Those lock functions don't seem to be published to the Shortcuts app for some strange reason. Not sure how you'd change those.

Anyone else have any ideas?

I can see the Siri commands in the Lucid app. What is the Shortcuts app you are referring to?

I can see the Siri commands in the Lucid app. What is the Shortcuts app you are referring to?
There's an app on iOS called "Shortcuts". Its marketing name is "Siri Shortcuts".

It's iOS's way to allow users to customize their devices. Apps (and users) can create a sequence of action as a Shortcut and Siri can then execute those actions.

Lucid app creates a few Shortcuts for you. But doesn't configure the vehicle correctly(might be an iOS limitation).

So you can launch the Shortcuts app. Select any Lucid shortcut and update the "car" field by clicking it and selecting your Lucid. Then next time Siri wont ask you what car you want to run the shortcut for.

There's an app on iOS called "Shortcuts". Its marketing name is "Siri Shortcuts".

It's iOS's way to allow users to customize their devices. Apps (and users) can create a sequence of action as a Shortcut and Siri can then execute those actions.

Lucid app creates a few Shortcuts for you. But doesn't configure the vehicle correctly(might be an iOS limitation).

So you can launch the Shortcuts app. Select any Lucid shortcut and update the "car" field by clicking it and selecting your Lucid. Then next time Siri wont ask you what car you want to run the shortcut for.
As I mentioned above, I haven't found a way to change the "car" field to Lucid for those shortcuts Lucid created. For shortcuts I created, no issue, but for one like "Lock car", I can't figure out a way to specify Lucid. No matter how many times I execute the command, it still asks me to confirm it's for Lucid. Have you found a way to specific Lucid on these Lucid-created shortcuts?

As I mentioned above, I haven't found a way to change the "car" field to Lucid for those shortcuts Lucid created. For shortcuts I created, no issue, but for one like "Lock car", I can't figure out a way to specify Lucid. No matter how many times I execute the command, it still asks me to confirm it's for Lucid. Have you found a way to specific Lucid on these Lucid-created shortcuts?
I believe this is a bug in the Lucid app. They are not ”donating” those specific shortcuts to the Shortcuts app for some reason. Even though they do send some of them.

I would report this to customer care.

I selected Open/close trunk and frunk from the Lucid app. In Shortcuts I changed car to Lucid. Using the iphone I can open and close the trunk with Siri. This also worked from my iWatch but with delays and extra effort. The iwatch setup instructions on the Lucid app does not match my iwatch settings. I really want to get this working seamlessly on the iWatch. I am use to opening trunk with foot motion. However it does not work on the Frunk because Siri thinks I'm saying Frank. For the generic commands like "Siri lock my car" Siri always ask Lucid Air? I only have one car setup with Siri.

I got the Open/Close Trunk/Frunk commands to work from my iWatch. Install Lucid app on iWatch. Login to Lucid account on iWatch. Enable Lucid on your iWatch settings. Follow the "using Siri on your Watch" instructions on the iphone Lucid app. I can not use my iWatch to open and close the Trunk and Frunk. Raise my iWatch and say "Hey Siri, open the trunk"

Back