Lucid Air Sapphire Drag Race

Good observation.

I can't resist pointing out, though, that a friend is currently trying to negotiate the purchase of a new Chevy Bolt. The deal he's been offered at the only nearby dealer that can/will actually sell him a car includes the following fees, amounting to almost $1,500:

Tire Fee: $5.00
Electronic Filing Fee: $53.20
Title Fee: $78.25
Documentation Fee: $599.95
Battery Fee: $1.50
Est. Registration Fee: $656.00
Private Tag Fee: $99.00

Every Chevy dealer within a 200-mile radius was showing Bolts on their websites as available at the prices listed. Calls revealed that most of those dealers had no Bolts in stock, and those that did wanted more than MRSP.

To me, there's something much more honest about listing a car for $249,000 dollars and actually selling it for that -- along with only standard transaction fees -- than the sleazy bait-and-switch advertising typical of so many ICE dealers. At least with Lucid, you'll never have to negotiate to get absurdly-priced "mandatory options" such as paint and upholstery protection or stripe decals removed from the deal.
This is why I don’t bother to go back to dealership model anymore. Our first EV Air, few clicks, talk to SA on phone few times and went to bank for payment and pick up car directly. Our 2nd EV Polestar 2, same few clicks, then passed by a Volvo dealer saw new Polestar 2 in parking lot. They told us to cancel Austin deliver order online and reclick Houston delivery order, we went back to bank with cashier check, immediate drive out.

Honda, Jeep, Ford, Mercedes Benz, all tortured me at dealership playing mind game waiting in office negotiating, and attempted to sell me all kind of options, packages, etc etc. 4~7 hours. I just want bottom line price, pay and walk out, but have to play the game, we have to wait to get manager approval, checking this and that waiting on computer BS; they think the longer we wait, the more emotional leverage they have. My recent trip to Ford, Hyundai, Kia and GMC just told me put some down payment and order online and expect markup on MSRP. No, thank you! I like Lucid, Tesla, Rivian, Polestar and Fisker, straight away approach configuring online.

Interesting article about Elon, Tesla and 2022 in protective.
If you ask me, this is the beginning, not the end of Tesla’s troubles. I’ve been predicting a major correction on its stock value for quite some time. Elon’s antics may have tipped it sooner than expected, but fundamentally the company’s stock price and reality are just no where near each other. Even with the drop this year.

This is why I don’t bother to go back to dealership model anymore. Our first EV Air, few clicks, talk to SA on phone few times and went to bank for payment and pick up car directly. Our 2nd EV Polestar 2, same few clicks, then passed by a Volvo dealer saw new Polestar 2 in parking lot. They told us to cancel Austin deliver order online and reclick Houston delivery order, we went back to bank with cashier check, immediate drive out.

Honda, Jeep, Ford, Mercedes Benz, all tortured me at dealership playing mind game waiting in office negotiating, and attempted to sell me all kind of options, packages, etc etc. 4~7 hours. I just want bottom line price, pay and walk out, but have to play the game, we have to wait to get manager approval, checking this and that waiting on computer BS; they think the longer we wait, the more emotional leverage they have. My recent trip to Ford, Hyundai, Kia and GMC just told me put some down payment and order online and expect markup on MSRP. No, thank you! I like Lucid, Tesla, Rivian, Polestar and Fisker, straight away approach configuring online.
The dealer game that you describe will continue but as more direct sale options are available to buyers it will fade and the dealer markup BS will stop. No doubt that Chevy dealers will play that game with the Blazer EV. The dealers will be in a world of hurt as their service cash cows start to decline with more EV's in service.

The dealers will be in a world of hurt as their service cash cows start to decline with more EV's in service.
Extending that thought, there's lots of change coming to muffler shops, oil change centers, smog test centers ... let alone gas stations. Much as restaurants near business offices where people are allowed to work from home. We need to be able to recognize change and adapt quickly.

Moderators if it needs moving please do so. But that guy stop started it looks like between traffic and then gunned it!

Definitely appreciate the numbers though!

Moderators if it needs moving please do so. But that guy stop started it looks like between traffic and then gunned it!

Definitely appreciate the numbers though!
He was at 17 mph before the green light, and the dragy font looks weird. Also how is this the fastest lol

He was at 17 mph before the green light, and the dragy font looks weird. Also how is this the fastest lol

To be honest I haven't benchmarked it against others just yet. I've also got a frame by frame counter too.

As for the speedometer I usually focus on strictly the Dragy displays as those obviously are GPS. But the timings aren't exactly spectacular.

To be honest I haven't benchmarked it against others just yet. I've also got a frame by frame counter too.

As for the speedometer I usually focus on strictly the Dragy displays as those obviously are GPS. But the timings aren't exactly spectacular.
Usually dragy is really accurate, but in this case its terrible.

Back