NEW Hagerty drag race: Demon 170 vs Sapphire!

Mine gives me 1,111.70558 HP. It also says 112 kWh battery, but that’s likely just an error.
Thank you for confirming I'm not going crazy! (I mean I might be but not in this instance!) lol

Wonder what it would say for a Sapphire... @RM-S8 ?
With my rudimentary arithmetic, I would think the Sapphire should show 920kW of power. I would love to see the chart though if anyone has a VIN

Mine gives me 1,111.70558 HP. It also says 112 kWh battery, but that’s likely just an error.
Very interesting. Perhaps they cherry picked battery packs with the 6 extra kWh and threw them into the Dreams? Which could mean that any battery pack replacements will be 112 kWh versions?

Very interesting. Perhaps they cherry picked battery packs with the 6 extra kWh and threw them into the Dreams? Which could mean that any battery pack replacements will be 112 kWh versions?
If true, I doubt the VIN tool would account for replacements... for example, if you engine swapped a car through a dealer (somehow), it wouldn't be updated.

If true, I doubt the VIN tool would account for replacements... for example, if you engine swapped a car through a dealer (somehow), it wouldn't be updated.
I hate to think it, but to a manufacturer, it is quite costly to inventory multiple battery pack part numbers that only have a physical 6 kWh variance. Perhaps it is possible to get the extra 6 kWh from controls or software?

I hate to think it, but to a manufacturer, it is quite costly to inventory multiple battery pack part numbers that only have a physical 6 kWh variance. Perhaps it is possible to get the extra 6 kWh from controls or software?
The 6kwh was purely just from using Samsung cells vs LG cells

The 6kwh was purely just from using Samsung cells vs LG cells
Correct. In fact, the only reason the Samsung cells have 6 kWh extra is because they do not require a buffer as the LG cells do. I believe they are the same physical size.

Correct. In fact, the only reason the Samsung cells have 6 kWh extra is because they do not require a buffer as the LG cells do. I believe they are the same physical size.
Of course they are the same physical size

Yep, I get all that. But in terms of reconciling information reported through the VIN ... do only minimum values need to be reported?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240719_200159_Opera.jpg
    Screenshot_20240719_200159_Opera.jpg
    237.1 KB · Views: 37
Back