Lucid Air HiFi & Sound System

Let me ask a naive question. If you don't know what a given track is supposed to sound like, how would you know how faithful the system is to that track?
To me the bar is whether the sound is subjectively enjoyable. Being extremely faithful to the sound in the studio may help with that, but it isn’t always necessary.

Here is a track which I've found can bring out the worst in a stereo:

Setting aside whether this music is to your taste or not, it seems like a lot of car stereos degenerate into "one note bass" with tracks like this. And the glass canopy can't help.
Wow not really my normal listening style but I have to say it sounded pretty impressive on my brand new MacBook M1 Pro!!

I've had 2 weeks to start letting the shortfalls settle in, along with all the comparisons of "basic" software managed functions that are not enabled or are seriously deficient in the delivered DEs.

I'm waiting, like the rest of us, relatively patiently for OTA fixes in the near future. But, I still cannot rationalize not having the most basic of entertainment functions -- stable AM/FM radio. Skip the 8-track, cassette tape, CD, DVD, Bluetooth, and streaming players -- just plain, dull radio. This is the most difficult to understand, but I'm not an automotive engineer. Just gently venting.

I've had 2 weeks to start letting the shortfalls settle in, along with all the comparisons of "basic" software managed functions that are not enabled or are seriously deficient in the delivered DEs.

I'm waiting, like the rest of us, relatively patiently for OTA fixes in the near future. But, I still cannot rationalize not having the most basic of entertainment functions -- stable AM/FM radio. Skip the 8-track, cassette tape, CD, DVD, Bluetooth, and streaming players -- just plain, dull radio. This is the most difficult to understand, but I'm not an automotive engineer. Just gently venting.
Let us know how you feel about the software tomorrow when the 1.1.15 version lands. Since it will presumably have the complete dream drive system enabled along with other fixes, maybe it will be more stable for you.

Here is a track which I've found can bring out the worst in a stereo:

Setting aside whether this music is to your taste or not, it seems like a lot of car stereos degenerate into "one note bass" with tracks like this. And the glass canopy can't help.
This one could be fun!
Let me ask a naive question. If you don't know what a given track is supposed to sound like, how would you know how faithful the system is to that track?
I listen to any track I’m using as a test on my reference systems at home (I build my own HiFi so I have a few systems to choose from). This way I’m familiar with it prior to listening.
I understand your gripe, though I have not listened to the radio in…jeez, twenty six years? That as an issue had not occurred to me.

That's weird, I haven't had a single issue with my radio. The UI is not standard to navigate it, but once I have it tuned to the stations I listen to, it's been rock solid. I would ask customer care about that

That's weird, I haven't had a single issue with my radio. The UI is not standard to navigate it, but once I have it tuned to the stations I listen to, it's been rock solid. I would ask customer care about that
Mine (and others) just cut off without warning, and stays in that condition, so it's not a loss of signal. It's as if I actually turn the radio off. The worst part is that I am driving and can't fiddle with it. Just accept it until I get home. :-(

Let us know how you feel about the software tomorrow when the 1.1.15 version lands. Since it will presumably have the complete dream drive system enabled along with other fixes, maybe it will be more stable for you.
Will need to wait until car is back from the wrap shop on Monday. Hope so!

I'm still looking for USB connectivity.

If you want to blow the woofers, LOL:

I'm still looking for USB connectivity.

If you want to blow the woofers, LOL:

If I want to blow the woofers I run a 20 hz test tone at +120db ;)

I forgot about usb though…might have too long of a delay in the Bluetooth connection to run a test loop to check phase.

Some EVs totally dispense with AM since it’s often so noisy due to the high voltage wiring. On my Tesla MS, every time I’d accelerate the noise induced from the motor would virtually drown out the AM in all but the strongest, local stations. It was almost a useless feature and I relied on internet based sources for AM like Tune-In.

Some EVs totally dispense with AM since it’s often so noisy due to the high voltage wiring. On my Tesla MS, every time I’d accelerate the noise induced from the motor would virtually drown out the AM in all but the strongest, local stations. It was almost a useless feature and I relied on internet based sources for AM like Tune-In.

Now that you mention it, see if the system has FM sub channels. I listen to the HD2 channel of local 88.7 occasionally

Interesting. Had not thought of that but I would definitely expect interference on AM bands due to the electrical wiring. My Leaf‘s AM Has worked fine. The only time I get interference is when I pull into my garage at home o4 within a parking structure.

Update from my DA today: we’re going to wait on a sound test until he’s got a production AGT for me, as the pre- models don’t reliably have the full complement of drivers in the sound system (not sure which ones, but I’m guessing no sub at the very least).

Sound test is likely in two weeks unless he can find one in the Bay Area with the full set.

Update from my DA today: we’re going to wait on a sound test until he’s got a production AGT for me, as the pre- models don’t reliably have the full complement of drivers in the sound system (not sure which ones, but I’m guessing no sub at the very least).

Sound test is likely in two weeks unless he can find one in the Bay Area with the full set.

The DE at Valley Fair does!

The DE at Valley Fair does!
Good to know. I was originally planning to use an AGT as I would also be test driving my own trim level car, but might be worth another spin up to steven’s creek reservoir :)

@borski, @copper, Do you guys know if the Millbrae location offers test drives? I generally hate going anywhere near Valley-Fair/Santana-Row.
Not yet - they have two cars I believe, one of them a white/Tahoe/19” AGT, but they’re not cleared for test drives due to being too early pre-production. There are number of fresh production AGTs that have rolled off (or rolling off) that will be used for drives but I think they’re training staff still.

I have seen three different AGTs that were brand new over the last two weeks on the road up here on the peninsula but don’t know if they are studio or media cars.

I hate valley fair’s traffic and crowds same as you, but the Steven’s creek drive is pretty fun. I’m hoping I can pop up the 92 and then down skyline to woodside once Millbrae has test drives.

Maybe @borski will be awesome and let you sound test in his car

Back