Lucid Air GT

zkhan2

Verified Owner
Cars
Lucid Air GT
Received an update from Leo A. my DA yesterday. He said the Lucid Air GTs are going into production and I should be receiving my VIN assignment soon.

Received an update from Leo A. my DA yesterday. He said the Lucid Air GTs are going into production and I should be receiving my VIN assignment soon.
Great news…he was my delivery advisor as well…he is very responsive to questions…it wouldn’t surprise me that once you get your VIN assigned and take care of payment and paperwork…you could be sitting in your new car in 2 months.

Great news…he was my delivery advisor as well…he is very responsive to questions…it wouldn’t surprise me that once you get your VIN assigned and take care of payment and paperwork…you could be sitting in your new car in 2 months.
2 months??? That means mid-April or 6 months from the first order confirmations to delivery. I sure hope we are not looking at that. Even the often delayed Air Dream deliveries are only 5 months.

When I signed paperwork and had initial delivery date for DE…it was 2 just inside 2 months…it took longer because I had issue discovered at pre delivery.

When did you place your reservation and when did you confirm the order?

I was the first batch confirmed in September but didn’t get VIN until December

When did you place your reservation and when did you confirm the order?
Reservation was completed on 29 September 2021. Order was confirmed on 14 December 2021. First call with DA was on 17 January 2022.

Reservation was completed on 29 September 2021. Order was confirmed on 14 December 2021. First call with DA was on 17 January 2022.
I’m surprised you were told you would get a VIN “soon” since your reservation was so recent. But of course in the DA speak, ‘soon’ can mean anytime in the next 6 months.

I’m surprised you were told you would get a VIN “soon” since your reservation was so recent. But of course in the DA speak, ‘soon’ can mean anytime in the next 6 months.
Yes, I figured "soon" is all relative, however in the January discussion, my DA said that expectations are my delivery would be late March or into early May. I personally believe that is a stretch. Either way I will be happy once I can finally say goodbye to my 2020 Model X, which has been a tech nightmare with zero customer services from Tesla. I stopped taking the X in after the sixth service appointment as they continuously gave me the runaround and just repeating over and over again that it will be fixed in a future firmware update.

Back