lUCID AIR Faulty air pressure sign

jawed123us

Reaction score
Cars
LUCID
purchased LUCID Touring yesterday drove home 34 miles. and then Tire Pressures sign came up, called customer service about the issue . waiting reply.

What pressures are showing? Are they correct for your tire size? I got a similar warning after a service visit. Turned out the tech inflated to the 21” tire pressure, not the much higher 19” pressure which my AGT is running. Simple mistake.

Did you check your tire pressure? Did it match the pressure shown on the sticker on the driver's door jamb?

Technician coming to fix faulty sign tomorrow ... will update.... Very poor customer service... delayed response..

Tire pressure shows nothing ...
I think the question was did you check the tire pressure with a gauge to see if the pressure was low?

On my app, it would disappear when the car is parked.
Does it do that on yours?
Yes, it'll still show shortly after I park, but after the car shutdown it won't display anymore until I drive again.

Yes, it'll still show shortly after I park, but after the car shutdown it won't display anymore until I drive again.
Correct. The TPMS sensors are only accurate and only provide readings when the tires are warm. In the summer, you’ll find them almost always reading. If you’re charging, you’ll often find the drivers side front tire and sometimes the passenger front tire will show up.

But always once you drive above about 20mph, the tires are warm and will read.

I drove over 20 miles an hour , sign is BLANK... other than that faulty sign on main dash board

Correct. The TPMS sensors are only accurate and only provide readings when the tires are warm. In the summer, you’ll find them almost always reading. If you’re charging, you’ll often find the drivers side front tire and sometimes the passenger front tire will show up.

But always once you drive above about 20mph, the tires are warm and will read.
I think it has more to do with the motion sensor in the TPMS than warming up the tire. The TPMS quits transmitting tire pressure when the car is parked to preserve the battery. The motion sensor turns the the TPMS back on when the speed is between 15 to 20 MPH.

Technical came. Added air to tire Faulty air pressure sign fine.
I’m confused on a couple things, do you and the OP have the same issue, or share the car? Also, I made my 16 year old daughter learn how to read a tire pressure gauge and how to put air in her tire at the gas station for free before we let her drive her car. I can’t imagine I would have told her to call Hyundai customer service for help with that.

I think it has more to do with the motion sensor in the TPMS than warming up the tire. The TPMS quits transmitting tire pressure when the car is parked to preserve the battery. The motion sensor turns the the TPMS back on when the speed is between 15 to 20 MPH.
It’s temperature. That’s why when you’re charging the front one or two will show readings.

I drove over 20 miles an hour , sign is BLANK... other than that faulty sign on main dash board

You need to drive over 20 mph for a couple of minutes for all the TPMS sensors to sync.

Technical came. Added air to tire Faulty air pressure sign fine.

I'm sorry...how exactly the Air Pressure sign "faulty" if putting air in the tire fixes it? It sounds like the sensor was doing its job?

Are we dealing with another Digiboxer/Parachute Adams situation?
Yes! I couldn’t remember the names the last time we saw this. Thank you! I believe you are correct in this assumption!

Back